The most disturbing moment in Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chrad » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:04 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:I didn't find anything disturbing.
lol

Chroma
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chroma » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:58 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:I didn't find anything disturbing.

That's disturbing.
"What we needed were not words and promises, but the steady accumulation of small realities."
South of the Border, West of the Sun - Haruki Murakami

Fics: Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/users/Sensha_do

closet nerd
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby closet nerd » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:11 pm

Shinji and Asuka in hospital. Cha that was very disturbing....
Sorry if my avatar gives you Knightmares. (Pun intended)

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:01 pm

I was mostly disturbed by Reis Where There Should Not Be Reis. Notably, in the DC version of episode 23 (the ones on Shinji's hand, and his reaction), and the faces that appear on the MP EVAs in EoE. Shinji's face often mirrored my own on my first viewing.

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:32 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Ive got a friend who has had little exposure to anime whos working her way through the platinum collection at the moment. I leant her Vol 4 and 5 last week so she'll be just starting on the Descent Arc so ill report back with the nightmare fuel by proxy as I hear about it.

I want to watch EoE with her just to see the reactions to the calvalcade of mindfuckery.

I also introduced a friend to Eva this weekend... Though since we live in the same college town, she can come over to my dorm and we watch them on my suitmate's flat screen.

I'm heartened that she's laughing at the black humor in the opening episodes at almost exactly the same points I was during my first watching, and Misato quickly became her favorite character. Last evening we got through the first three episodes. She likes it so far, but wants the other pilots to show up soon, and hopes they're "a lot less whiny than Shinji."

I chuckled evilly. :heehee:

But yeah, EoE is going to be tough, particularly if we start it immediately after the "uplifting" end to Episode 26.

As for the most disturbing part of EoE:

I was, for whatever reason, OK through most of the first half... Maybe it was all the war movies. But then when a GIANT VAGINA EYE opened in GNR's forehead, and 01 stabbed it with the Tree of Life and it made a wet gulping "Duuuhhhhhhh..." sound and oh god was that - that IS a wet gulping sound oh god oh why why why ahhhhhhhhh

And I can't remember if it was from EoE, EoTV, or Episodes 16 or 20, but Misato and Rei's slurred, trippy "Your reeeeeeeaaalllity...." ...Holy balls.

The sound stuck in my head like a splinter and, for days afterward, would hover back up every time I let my brain run slack (ie, in the shower). Brrrrr.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:10 am

The moment in eva that I found slightly disturbing was at the end of episode 19 when unit one eats Zeruel and breaks out of its armour that enables nerv to control it.

pedropdea
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pedropdea » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:34 am

The ones are -

1) EVA-01 x Bardiel / EVA-03, when Shinji's EVA, under Dummy System's control, broke out EVA-03's plug (with Touji inside).
The scene itself - and Shinji's after-reaction, when he discovered who was piloting - shocked me.
This scene in Evangelion 2.22 disturbs me equally.

2) EVA-02 x MP EVAs ("Harpies"), on EoE - the way Asuka fought the nine EVAs was dauntless... but she simply didn't deserve her finale. I simply can't watch her EVA (and herself, in fact) being speared and eaten, as a terror-filled Ibuki shouts over the intercom - "aaaargh, Asuka is, Asuka is..."

Ah, and...

Tankred wrote:
I didn't find anything disturbing.

Chroma wrote:
That's disturbing.

Hahahaha! If you saw it and didn't find NOTHING disturbing, watch again.
- - MARI MAKINAMI fan - -
- - Asuka SORYU / SHIKINAMI fan - -
- - EVA-02 fan - -

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:03 pm

View Original Postpedropdea wrote:Hahahaha! If you saw it and didn't find NOTHING disturbing, watch again.

I watched it a few times.

Still nothing disturbing.

Fleetleader101
Embryo

THE Scream

•      
  •      

Postby Fleetleader101 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Shinjis Scream during EoE after Asuka is torn apart.

They even play it twice. Its just so silent right before and then he makes that horrible noise. Oh and I am referring to the english dub, not the Japanese version.
Asuka and Shinji are no doubt a couple and Rebuild is a sequel. There is no debate.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:56 am

View Original PostFireand'chutes77 wrote:But then when a GIANT VAGINA EYE opened in GNR's forehead, and 01 stabbed it with the Tree of Life and it made a wet gulping "Duuuhhhhhhh..." sound and oh god was that - that IS a wet gulping sound oh god oh why why why ahhhhhhhhh

:rofl:

Yeah, I'd expect that to be the average reaction.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

pedropdea
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pedropdea » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:53 am

Tankred wrote:
I watched it a few times.

Still nothing disturbing.

Dude! Believe me - you're the first person who says that to me! ;)
- - MARI MAKINAMI fan - -
- - Asuka SORYU / SHIKINAMI fan - -
- - EVA-02 fan - -

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:48 pm

I agree with Tankred, I found no part of Eva disturbing.

Y'all are a bunch of wimps.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:52 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:I agree with Tankred, I found no part of Eva disturbing.

Well yeah, but you're a disturbed individual so it's not like this means anything

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Asuka full of maggots disturbed me
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Seen
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Seen » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:18 pm

The NERV genocide in the beginning of EOE. You can put as many giants covered in vaginas as you want, but that scene actually felt REAL.
Utena figures out why the duelists are dueling but what the hell kind of answers does she get? "Because I want to find the power of miracles, I'm going to chop bitches with a sword so I can get a creepy aspie girlfriend who waters roses and shit. which will grant me the power of miracles. I KNOW THIS GODDAMNIT DON'T ASK HOW" -Azathoth

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:53 am

View Original PostSeen wrote:The NERV genocide in the beginning of EOE. You can put as many giants covered in vaginas as you want, but that scene actually felt REAL.

*Tries to resist urge to quibble about semantics and correctness of the usage of "genocide" vs "massacre."*

*The existence of this post testifies to that failure*

*Meta post! Meta post!*
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Seen
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Seen » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:58 am

View Original PostFireand'chutes77 wrote:*Tries to resist urge to quibble about semantics and correctness of the usage of "genocide" vs "massacre."*

*The existence of this post testifies to that failure*

*Meta post! Meta post!*

Think about it for a moment.

The soldiers are killing all that is NERV. It could be used.
Utena figures out why the duelists are dueling but what the hell kind of answers does she get? "Because I want to find the power of miracles, I'm going to chop bitches with a sword so I can get a creepy aspie girlfriend who waters roses and shit. which will grant me the power of miracles. I KNOW THIS GODDAMNIT DON'T ASK HOW" -Azathoth

ADiesel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ADiesel » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:23 am

I didnt really think it was disturbing either, but i grew up on... That certain image board that shall not be named. So nothing fazes me really.
I wouldnt want to take a nuke to the face

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:40 pm

View Original PostADiesel wrote:That certain image board that shall not be named.
Are you confusing /b/ and THAT BOARD?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ADiesel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ADiesel » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:24 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Are you confusing /b/ and THAT BOARD?

Looks like, care to inform me?
And ooooooh you broke rules 1 and 2
I wouldnt want to take a nuke to the face

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”