Gundam must be stopped

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

Gundam must be stopped

•      
  •      

Postby Kyle » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:07 pm

Ok i was skiming through a magazine the other day
(newtype usa if you must know) and came across a most popular anime list.The catgories were...top 20 anime,top 10 anime male,top 10 anime female.

In anime NGE placed 3rd while "gundam seed destiny" took first and "black cat" in last place.

Next came the top 10 fav male charactors.Shinji ikari came in last...yep...while kira yamato from "gundam seed destiny" was first.

Last but not least is the ladies.Rei Ayanami came in 5th while Asuka langly shoryu was luckey # 7(and she thinks shes #1)Lacus clyne again from "gundam seed destiny" was first and sakura from
"tsubasa chronicle" was last.

Well not to sound like a heritic but gundam is kicking ass.I like gundam but my heart lays with EVA.If you must flame please do so by PM.
I posted this because i thought it was a a good read.
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:11 pm

Im with you on this.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:12 pm

The thing you must realize is that Gundam Seed is popular and fresh right now. Evangelion is a 10 year old anime that does consistently well in popularity polls. I guarantee you will not see Gundam Seed anything on these polls in 5 years time, but Evangelion will still be on the list. Many shows burn out in popularity after a few years. Polls like this simply illustrate how great Evangelion does after all these years.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:26 pm

I downloaded all of seed and cant bring myself to watch it. Does this mean their hope for me or that im just lazy?
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Heidroch
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:29 pm

Meh, I personally dont recognize a magazine as having the final say over what series is better than another.

If some magazine says that a series is better than another, they are just stating their opinion. You have your own opinion too, and if you think Eva is better than Gundam, then so be it. It's no big deal at all, really. :roll:

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:39 pm

It's not even the magazine. It's the magazine's readers.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:05 pm

DatDude wrote:I downloaded all of seed and cant bring myself to watch it. Does this mean their hope for me or that im just lazy?

I tried watching one episode and wanted to pull my hair out. For the most part the Gundam series seems repetitive to me...and there are hardly any female pilots except for in G Gundam.
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:23 pm

:[

Then tell Anime Insider to stop cracking the emo Shinji jokes. I even wrote them a letter.

Seriously. i did.

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:59 pm

What the hell?

Lucy is obviously the best female.
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Archon Divinus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Archon Divinus » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:29 am

Man, I loved Gundam, but then again I'm a sucker for space opera. Gundam combines said love of space opera with my love of mecha. That being said, I loved Gundam Seed, but only liked Seed Destiny. It was pretty much the exact same story as Seed, only with a much less likable protagonist, and a confusing shift in the romantic subplots.

phanthompain
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby phanthompain » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:42 am

Archon Divinus wrote:Man, I loved Gundam, but then again I'm a sucker for space opera. Gundam combines said love of space opera with my love of mecha. That being said, I loved Gundam Seed, but only liked Seed Destiny. It was pretty much the exact same story as Seed, only with a much less likable protagonist, and a confusing shift in the romantic subplots.

You couldn't have said it better, Seed was like a fresh approach to the original series, with some events being similar, while Destiny in turn takes a lot of stock footage from Seed, which was quite disturbing after awhile, you can have the Strike Freedom launching then it flashes into the Freedom while doing a swoop then "changes" back again...

Besides I heard Gundam models especially from the Destiny series weren't exactly selling all to well...I still prefer the older series' designs, more original...

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:26 am

No offence, but Gundam Seed is a good show. Maybe not as good as Eva but still good
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:06 am

i'm preparing a flash where a gundam faces eva-01 (crappy animation but it works) :P
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:28 pm

Six Winged Angel wrote:i'm preparing a flash where a gundam faces eva-01 (crappy animation but it works) :P

No one is stopping you
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

SSGokuJr
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SSGokuJr » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:14 pm

Six Winged Angel wrote:i'm preparing a flash where a gundam faces eva-01 (crappy animation but it works) :P

Please tell me your not going to do a thing where the EVa is 1000 feet tall and all it does is step on the gundam.

Kadou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kadou » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:56 am

SSGokuJr wrote:

Please tell me your not going to do a thing where the EVa is 1000 feet tall and all it does is step on the gundam.

Why should he? I bet fifty other people beat him to it. And ROFL @ Kira getting 1st.

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:10 am

no, I have the eva and the gundam at the right size, it's going to be something else.....XD
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:52 am

finished :D :P [url]http://www.freewebs.com/sixwingedangel/evabattle.html[/url]

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:33 am

:lol: That rocked. I laughed for about a minute straight.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:14 am

Six Winged Angel wrote:[url]http://www.freewebs.com/sixwingedangel/evabattle.html[/url]

Undeniable proof that an EVA would easily beat a gundam. By the way, that was pretty funny.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”