20 days to the End of the world that's not going to happen

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Zeldafan888
Adam

20 days to the End of the world that's not going to happen

•      
  •      

Postby Zeldafan888 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:22 am

Let have some fun while we wait for the shit storm that going to happen on December 21st no i'm not talking about the solar eruption or us human getting tanged no I'm talking about the kind of people that still believe that the End of the world is going to happen

Just think of the crazy things that are going to happen on that day:
People will be locking themselves in bomb sheds and Getting themselves armed for the Zombie Apocalypse that may happen and that tame compared to what people might do on that day.

So yeah, Enjoy Instrumentality or what ever bloody happens on that day

Note: My idea for this thread was inspired by this Neogaf thread:
[url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502205[/url]
Great I'm ripping off that thread
Originality at it finest :nyao:

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:04 am

Well, recent discoveries (well, recent studies on old discoveries) have rendered the whole Mayan apocalypse movement a bunch of idiots. However, I didn't even need that study to know the whole thing was a load of crap. All I needed to know was how the calendar worked and the fact that the Mayans were not concerned with prophecy. Needless to say, I never believed it for one second.

Long story short; I chose to do nothing about it because if I did nothing, it's a win-win for me. If the end of the world comes, then I have wasted zero time, money and worry on it because I (and everyone else) will be dead. If the end of the world doesn't come, then I have wasted zero time, money and worry on it because hey, it's December 22nd and we're still here.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:05 am

I'm going to start a new file on Majora's Mask on the 19th, and beat it 100% before dawn of the 22nd.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:15 am

Will probably play Blazblue to death with my friends as usual.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:54 am

I'll be going to Magfest.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:49 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:Will probably play Blazblue to death with my friends as usual.

Pretty much this. Me and my fradulant Jin will be playing till that dooms day clock reaches zero
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:55 pm

I'll probably be scrambling to finish my college applications on time while occasionally checking news sites to see what kind of crazy shit the believers decide to do. You know, if avoiding Q spoilers hasn't driven me insane by then....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:16 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I'm going to start a new file on Majora's Mask on the 19th, and beat it 100% before dawn of the 22nd.

I call "no way". It took me days and days to beat Majora's Mask this last time I played it, last year, and I didn't even get 100%. (I was not trying to beat it any quicker than I had to but I wasn't dilly-dallying either.) If you manage to achieve this I'm totally asking for details.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:20 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I call "no way". It took me days and days to beat Majora's Mask this last time I played it, last year, and I didn't even get 100%. (I was not trying to beat it any quicker than I had to but I wasn't dilly-dallying either.) If you manage to achieve this I'm totally asking for details.

Have you come close to getting the Fierce-Deity Mask? That makes the game a whole more fun, especially with the bosses. :)

I'm probably going to be working that day, so no end of the world for me. :P
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm going to listen to this on loop for 24 hours.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:06 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I'm going to listen to this on loop for 24 hours.

I second this! :)
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:09 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I'm going to listen to this on loop for 24 hours.

Well that's pretty much a given! :peace: I'm trying to think of a good song to add to the playlist, but nothing comes to mind....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:03 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:I second this! :)

4thed. I'm going to play it, Komm Süßer Tod, and suicidemouse.avi for the 70 straight hours i spend on Zelda.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:31 pm

I'll be in my garage building a guitar. Or performing.
Leave Shinji alone

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:34 am

I think the biggest debunk on the whole "End of The World" thing is that there are so many different ways people claim it's going to end that have nothing to do with each other. Things like Planet X, or some giant ass Solar Flare. It's ludicrous what people bring to the table.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:12 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I call "no way".

Backed. Last time I was playing it, I was going for 100% and it was fairly slow(-ish) going. I didn't even end up finishing actually, because that's when all that Ben/Jadusable shit went down.

Scared the hell out of me.

I am hoping something comes of Operation Moonfall though. Majora's, along with OOT, would make me pull the trigger on a 3DS for sure.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:34 am

Oh, better not happen I still have that camrip of Q to watch.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:38 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:so many different ways people claim it's going to end
One of the instructors at my wife's exercise class was talking about planets lining up, which a few seconds spent at http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/Solar will show to be the usual run of willful ignorance being spread uncritically. There is a rough Mercury/Venus/Saturn alignment, but everything else is usually messy.

For me, it will be the last real working day of the year (even though I shall be in the office on the Monday morning), and will probably involve going down the pub at lunchtime.

More important dates ar the 8th, when sunset gets about as early as it ever does, and the 18th when the evenings are starting to open out again.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:49 am

I've been hearing about one of the more popular ones being a massive solar flare.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:18 am

Well, one of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859 would be a real downer (here's the US Dept of Homeland Security's take), but with the currently weak solar activity levels, seem rather less likely -- the silver lining to our current new (hopefully Little) Ice Age cloud.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”