20 days to the End of the world that's not going to happen

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:29 pm

I'm going out listening to this.

EDIT: It is now midnight, 21/12/12 GMT. Shit's about to hit the fan.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Message to all Reis here on the site!

Please spare us from being tanged, as a lot of us our quite happy where we are, thank you very much. Not all of us are keen in being reduced to a puddle of Animo Acids and forever remaining in a giant collective Egg. :shakehead:

However, if you are unable to comply, please at least ensure that our Transition Guides are updated to our individual standards of Bliss and Comfort. :toothy:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:14 pm

We can still be saved, but only one force can save us now.
TRADEMARKINFRINGEMENTBOT
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:30 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:Message to all Reis here on the site!

Please spare us from being tanged, as a lot of us our quite happy where we are, thank you very much. Not all of us are keen in being reduced to a puddle of Animo Acids and forever remaining in a giant collective Egg. :shakehead:

Message to all Reis here on the site!

Any of you who comply with his request are welcome over here.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Look! It´s the end of the world! Oh the horror!

So, what´s the next date for the end of the world?
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Zeldafan888
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zeldafan888 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:42 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Look! It´s the end of the world! Oh the horror!

So, what´s the next date for the end of the world?

12/31/2015

Enjoy getting tanged on that day

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 am

COMMENCE THIRD IMPACT

Bomby's in his domicile and all is right with the world. Minus the "all is right with the world" part.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:09 am

► Komm, süßer Tod
▬▬▬◙▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ◂◂  ►  ▐ ▌  ◼  ▸▸
   ʳʷ   ᵖˡᵃʸ  ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ  ˢᵗᵒᵖ   ᶠᶠ

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:12 am

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege discussing Japanese cartoons with you tonight.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:33 am

:salute:

It has been a pleasure serving with all of you.

May we all met again, wherever GNR takes us. :toothy:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:01 am

But first:

END OF THE WORLD SEX PARTY Yay!
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:10 am

...Well, that was underwhelming.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:22 am

Don't let out a sigh of relief just yet. There's still well over four hours until the solstice.
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 am

Weren't you around for y2k? At least back then there was somewhat of a possibility of at least something incredibly minor going wrong, that was based in reality. I think after that, the only people left believing in magical disaster stories are the same people preparing for alien incursions. I think there was one story on the news tonight that mentioned it offhand, everything else is business as usual.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:28 am

On y2k my internal clock accidentally switched to January 1, 19100 instead of January 1, 2000. Guess I wasn't y2k compatible.

but no seriously you do know i'm joking about this whole thing right?

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:29 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Weren't you around for y2k? At least back then there was somewhat of a possibility of at least something incredibly minor going wrong, that was based in reality.

I wasn't even old enough to understand what the Y2K bug was when it came around.

Also, getting some strong gusts of wind here.... :bigeyes:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:32 am

All of you guys who are disappointed when the Mayan apocalypse fails, the Aztec 5th sun comes to an end sometime in 2023, so you can reset your apocalypse calendar to that date. And after that, to whatever other date there is. Maybe 2062, when Halley's Comet is next due.

Count the number of planetary alignments and to-be apocalypses that were supposed to have come our way in our lifetime. 1997 Biblical Apocalypse/Rapture? No-show. May 2000 planetary alignment? No-show. Other similar planetary alignments/divine interventions in the past decade? Nada. The Large Hadron Collider turning on? Nothing!

Rather than worrying about an apocalypse that will never come, think of the good side. The 13th ba'aktun of the Mayan Calendar is in, and you're lucky to see a transition into another 400-year cycle (plus the millenium before that). Celebrate New Years Day early if you want, but stop clamoring for God/the Gods to get rid of you!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:34 am

At least this day gave me an excuse to make a kickass music playlist.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:49 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:but no seriously you do know i'm joking about this whole thing right?

Seriously, this. It's a rare event that also happens to be widely known among our demographics. It's like a special little holiday, a great chance to joke around and have some fun.

Though on a list of ways for the world to end I think "Predicted by ancient civilization" is a pretty sweet way to bite the 6.9 billion bullets.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:57 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Weren't you around for y2k? At least back then there was somewhat of a possibility of at least something incredibly minor going wrong, that was based in reality. I think after that, the only people left believing in magical disaster stories are the same people preparing for alien incursions. I think there was one story on the news tonight that mentioned it offhand, everything else is business as usual.

I have a Y2K story. Later, in school, after the Y2K turnover, some printout mistakenly had my age as 85 (my DOB is in 1985). The end.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”