Camrips Discussion Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:47 pm

When you're hiding the camera to avoid being caught, it's not wise to hold it above the obstructions like the seat in front...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Archaiel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Archaiel » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:51 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Are you talking about the silhouettes of the other people in the theatre?

No. The silhouettes made sense to me. I am referring to the times when up to 3/5 of the screen is just black. It's almost as if someone had used black paper to censor the image akin to the black bars that censor nudity in certain incidences.

When you're hiding the camera to avoid being caught, it's not wise to hold it above the obstructions like the seat in front...

I agree, however I do not believe that a seat in front of the camera would have obstructed THAT much of the film. Then again I do not know how Japanese theaters look nor do I know the security presence that is customary. It seems to me that there were several people filming from different vantage points and collectively the film in it's entirety was captured. A consistent obstruction would make complete sense to me as would a silhouette here and there, the sheer number of different obstructions is what confounds me. I do not even consider the camrip to spoil anything. Sure the static scenes worked well but as soon as a pan or any sort of movement or action occurred, it was incomprehensible.

If this is considered a good camrip I will take your word for it because, as I said, this is my first experience with one. I am merely trying to wrap my head around this.
Avatar: Eva Unit 6.66 LCFL (My original design)

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:06 pm

View Original PostArchaiel wrote:I do not believe that a seat in front of the camera would have obstructed THAT much of the film. Then again I do not know how Japanese theaters look nor do I know the security presence that is customary.

You have to believe, because you have the evidence to watch. I understand that security is indeed high, so if the camera has a clear view of the screen, security have a clear view of the camera. And holding a camera, phone or whatever still for 90 minutes while watching the film itself and remaining suitably nonchalant is difficult; it's no surprise that the camera droops at times, hiding more and more until it is suddenly corrected to some extent.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:33 pm

I'm a hypocrite when it comes to Camrips; I would never tape a movie in a theater, but I'm perfectly content to watch somebody else's dirty work. From what I can tell, though, it seems like it would be truly hard to capture the full screen while avoiding attention.

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby qu4d » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:57 pm

Well, it depends... there are near to none controlls in russia. The release groups can record stuff there pretty easily without any shaking and blurry images. Compared to those, the 3.0 camrip was crap. But there are also camrips, that are way more crappier than the 3.0 rip with lower resolution, bad colors and stuff.

K40s
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby K40s » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:24 pm

has a better camrip been released? I watched the one from nya that got the first 7 mins attached to it and that has like half the screen missing for most of the movie.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 pm

View Original PostK40s wrote:has a better camrip been released? I watched the one from nya that got the first 7 mins attached to it and that has like half the screen missing for most of the movie.
don't think so but I would just wait till the Japanese release comes out and for someone to rip that
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Jadley
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jadley » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:39 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:don't think so but I would just wait till the Japanese release comes out and for someone to rip that

yep there is pretty much no point in watching any more camrips when the BDrip is just around the corner.
It's too late to pry away.

Yokai
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Yokai » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:05 am

Are we talking about the weird shapes of the black bars? It's not chairs because sometimes you could see the bottom of the screen but not the top. I'm 99% sure this person probably put a camera inside some sort of box, or hat, or something to try to hide it, which caused a lot of issues when the camera turned. Not like we really should be expecting anything "better" with a camrip, we've all seen Eva 2.0s. (Well, maybe...)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”