Explanation of Evangelion 3.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final installment is scheduled to debut in Japan on January 23, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Shinoyami65
Seed
Seed

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue May 14, 2013 9:08 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Indeed.

Although that rise a question : the script said that when the spears are pulled out, Lilith's body turns into LCL. Then apparently the 12th Angel absorb said goo and morphs into the hideous red-foetus-Rei... thing. But why absorbing Lilith's LCL would turn the 12th into that? Isn't LCL just... LCL? Is there different types of LCL : sea LCL, Angel LCL, produced by Lilith LCL, directly from Lilith's dissovling LCL?
Why then wouldn't an Angel try to start an impact by entering in contact with the LCL in a pilot's entry plug, since it's made from Lilith's body?(right?)

Possibly the LCL produced during image collapse is different from that produced normally. We often see Angels explode into red LCL in NME, yet the LCL Lilith produces which is used in entry plugs is orange.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 am

Great discussion going on!

As a reminder, in-depth Shinji discussion goes here while 14-year timeskip discussion goes here.

We do have the wiki, but there's no important information missing from my first post, right? I think all the bases are covered.

The speculation in here about what happened during the timeskip is interesting--too bad we have to wait and see on supplemental materials.

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Q has succeeded in its purpose beyond its wildest dreams, and I think this is possible only because the paucity of information has thrust us so directly into Shinji's shoes.

On the flip side, I know a few people that love Q but dislike Shinji because of his actions; how he stubbornly refused to listen to all the people (Misato, Asuka, Sakura, Kaworu) who told him not to do anything. Shinji was always an antihero, but perhaps khara's goal with Q was to make Shinji--not Seele or Gendo--the antagonist?

FWIW, I can't wait to see how things are wrapped up in Final and if Shinji will be able to redeem himself.

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:We often see Angels explode into red LCL in NME

The Angels explode into blood, it's not LCL. But there could be a difference in LCL production vs image collapse, like you suggested.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue May 14, 2013 12:47 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:On the flip side, I know a few people that love Q but dislike Shinji because of his actions; how he stubbornly refused to listen to all the people (Misato, Asuka, Sakura, Kaworu) who told him not to do anything. Shinji was always an antihero, but perhaps khara's goal with Q was to make Shinji--not Seele or Gendo--the antagonist?

FWIW, I can't wait to see how things are wrapped up in Final and if Shinji will be able to redeem himself.

Well to be fair, Shinji was listening to what WILLE told him, i.e. to not do anything, once he discovered what happened 14 years ago and the truth about Yui and Rei.
It's Kaworu who convinced him to try his plan to bring forth change(notice I didn't said "fix the world", I have more to say about that in the Shinji character analysis thread) with the two spears by putting on his DSS Choker(you can say that it's another case of guilt-tripping Shinji into moving).
Shinji clearly wasn't near any mental shape to go with Kaworu if things turned wrong, and with WILLE's intervention and Gendo's trickery, it ended very wrong, and Kaworu paid the price of Shinji's instability.
Although I must said that I feel that everyone has his own share of guilt in the story : Shinji for losing his shit and not listening to anybody, Kaworu for guilt-tripping an extremely unstable Shinji in participating in his plan(although maybe he was ordered to go at that precise moment, see his "The time as come Shinji" line) and not trying to help Shinji reasoning Asuka, and Asuka who seemed to know that pulling out the spears would bring something bad, yet charged Shinji like a berserk without letting him time to explain himself, nor telling why she though that touching these spears was a bad idea.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Wed May 15, 2013 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Lonecow12
Sachiel

Postby Lonecow12 » Tue May 14, 2013 5:13 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Well to be fair, Shinji was listening to what WILLE teold him, i.e. to not do anything, once he discovered what happened 14 years ago and the truth about Yui and Rei.
It's Kaworu who convinced him to try his plan to bring forth change(notice I didn't said "fix the world", I have more to say about that in the Shinji character analysis thread) with the two spears by putting on his DSS Choker(you can say that it's another case of guilt-tripping Shinji into moving).
Shinji clearly wasn't near any mental shape to go with Kaworu if things turned wrong, and with WILLE's intervention and Gendo's trickery, it terned very wrong, and Kaworu paid the price of Shinji's instability.
Although I must said that I feel that everyone has his own share of guilt in the story : Shinji for losing his shit and thus not listening to anybody, Kaworu for guilt-tripping an extremely unstable Shinji in participating in his plan(although maybe he was ordered to go at that precise moment, see his "It's time Shinji line") and not trying to help Shinji reasoning Asuka, and Asuka who seemed to know that pulling out the spears would bring something bad, yet charged Shinji like a berserk without letting him time to explain himself, nor telling why she thinks that touching these spears is a bad idea.

I hope if Shinji has a moment of catharsis this time in a "Congratulations" style Instrumentality he comes upon the realizing that, "Hey it's not just me that fucks up. ALL of you fuck up constantly! Just explain things for God Sakes."

World Shatters.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Guys, the thread list feature is right here next to Rules and Search. PLEASE learn to use it!

Off-topic questions were split into the following threads:

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13510/SPOILERS-Mark06-in-30-Discussion/

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13514/SPOILERS-Filling-the-gap/

Since people are still bumping this thread with random questions and the Opening Post has been addressed, it's time to lock this.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”