Sticking around the subforum and/or EGF for 3.0 Stuffs?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Sticking around the subforum and/or EGF for 3.0 Stuffs?

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:27 pm

I have seen some people comment that they will not be frequenting this forum after November 17th, in order to not get spoiled with the events in Rebuild 3.0 until they have had a chance to watch the movie themselves. I count myself among this group.

Spoiler policies notwithstanding, I will probably limit myself to not looking at the "Rebuild of Evangelion" subforum until such time as I have had the opportunity to watch the movie (with subtitles), which may take several months to a year. I may or may not frequent the other subforums.

So this is a temporary goodbye from me, as you will be seeing a lot less of my posts from this weekend onward. (I will, however, post one last compiled list of predictions for the 3.0 movie before the 17th.)

I warmly invite other people with similar sentiments to use this thread for similar notifications.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:31 pm

FYI, there is a dedicated thread for this in Off-Topic.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:32 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:FYI, there is a dedicated thread for this in Off-Topic.

Really? I never check there.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 pm

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:Really? I never check there.

This thread, even though I guess that it would make little sense to announce that someone is leaving only a particular subforum.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Well we can always make a Spoilers Thread to avoid these kind of problems.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:38 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:Well we can always make a Spoilers Thread to avoid these kind of problems.
I would assume some people would do so.
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:05 pm

This is probably a suitable time to remind people that all talk about the movie as it is actually shown in theatres shall be placed in marked spoiler tags, and will continue that way at least until the first home video release and the inevitable fansubs that will hit the 'net shortly thereafter.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Thank you Mr. Tines for the reminder. I am aware of that policy and thankful for it.

My personal spoiler worry, however, is mostly on the formulation of thread titles. Even if this is moderated, some revealing thread title (e.g. "OMG Shinji/Kaworu/Gendo dies/survives/merges with Lilith!!!!") could slip through the cracks, and it is simply impossible for this to be redacted within seconds.

Regardless, until I have seen the movie itself, I hardly expect to have much to contribute in the discussion of the Rebuild movies, as the third installment has every chance to invalidate current interpretations of the first two movies.

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lonecow12 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 pm

We need a Thread titled: Does Asuka die? and then a Yes or No and then lock the thread. That's the only thing I want to be spoiled on. I don't need any more details then that.

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:38 pm

View Original PostLonecow12 wrote:We need a Thread titled: Does Asuka die? and then a Yes or No and then lock the thread. That's the only thing I want to be spoiled on. I don't need any more details then that.
Yes, because a huge majority of us want to find out.
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:42 pm

I'm with Jornophelanthas on this one. I'll be limiting my time on EGF as well. The spoiler policy is nice, but I can't be sure how many people will follow it faithfully. There's also the risk of trolls, and as OP said they can't all be redacted in time.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Too bad for you guys, personally I'm there specifically for the spoilers, I'm starting to count the hours that separate us from this experience.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Will be hard to avoid 4chan spoilers. I know that shit will be everywhere, but I won't comment or read until I've seen it either. (not like I'm posting much on this section anyway :coffee: )

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:52 pm

I spoil myself all the time (books, movies, anime), so I won't be absenting myself from looking. :smokin:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Well from the many forums I participate in, I would say the EVAGEEKS forum is rather respectful to each other and doesn't sear, curse or spoil anything without a warning for the most part. I think the fact that the community is so respectful deserves praise. So don't worry there will be spoiler tags.

But I do understand your concern. Personally I expect a fan sub sometime soon so there wont be years of waiting like with 2.0 before seeing it.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:19 pm

On the 16th I'll watch the 6 minute 3.0-TV preview then on the 17th I'll read Ornette's spoilerless 3.0 review (e.g. http://www.evageeks.org/2009/06/my-spoilerless-evangelion-2-0-review/ ) but besides that, I'll avoid both the Rebuild subforum and our Rizon IRC channel #egf-rebuild.

Still not sure if I'm holding out for a crappy cam-rip or glorious BD-rip, but I hope to pre-order the Japanese 3.33 BD when it'll be available.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:20 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:But I do understand your concern. Personally I expect a fan sub sometime soon so there wont be years of waiting like with 2.0 before seeing it.

2.0 was camripped and fansubbed within a month or two of its premiere, so you might be in luck.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:28 pm

How does that first 7mins or so preview of film count in terms of spoiler policy? I think that should count as freely discussed material just like trailers etc.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:36 pm

essel: I thought the translation process took a bit longer than a month.

View Original PostXard wrote:How does that first 7mins or so preview of film count in terms of spoiler policy? I think that should count as freely discussed material just like trailers etc.

Agreed. The first seven minutes are part of the promotional campaign, so they won't be subject to the spoilers policy.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:07 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:essel: I thought the translation process took a bit longer than a month.

I know the fansub on EGF was still in progress when I registered here, but I had already seen 2.0 with fansubs provided by somebody in the Rebuild thread on Something Awful. They surely weren't as polished as the ones that were available later, but they weren't the early babelfished ones either.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”