Q Trailers Thread (was: Q trailer on new Nico Nico)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Q Trailers Thread (was: Q trailer on new Nico Nico)

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:59 am

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-1810.html

According to Minna No Eva Fan, Niconico is getting a new version (some kind of upgrade) and there's an invitation with 0 (as the countdown or the upgrade name?) written, but the shadow of the 0 looks like the letter "Q".

Perhaps a trailer or some kind of news on 10/17? I'd be okay with this!

It's also speculated that maybe the invitation update for Nico is a parody with using "Q". Guess we'll see next week!
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:41 am

I looked through the link, but I still couldn't figure out what a Niconico is.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:44 am

It's sort of like the Youtube of Japan but people can leave comments that scroll ON the videos: http://www.niconico.com/ , http://www.nicovideo.jp/
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 pm

So that's what that was. I was wondering what the hell is going on with the videos. :headscratch:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby cd603 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:17 pm

If they're posting a new trailer it makes sense for it to be on the 17th, since that would be a month away for the release.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

Postby chaosakita » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:09 pm

I would be happy with almost anything at this point.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Chrad » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:58 am

I hope they don't release any more trailers, and that any marketing from here on out is totally vague and bizarre.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:05 am

View Original PostChrad wrote:I hope they don't release any more trailers, and that any marketing from here on out is totally vague and bizarre.

Not to argue with you, but I am not satisfied with the current marketing for it. Sure its good to keep things under wraps, but here nothing at all is being really released. It's kind of killing my hype. 2.0 didn't have this kind of marketing but they were still able to keep big parts from being revealed before the movie was released.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Throw your "hype" in the bin. They can do whatever they want as long as the movie is out on the 17th next month.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:44 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Throw your "hype" in the bin.

Personally I tried to do that but after seeing Nicovideo's Eva-style counter and that 0/Q I feel compelled to hope that they'll show us something.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:17 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Throw your "hype" in the bin. They can do whatever they want as long as the movie is out on the 17th next month.

I want you to look that Eva Horse in the eye and then tell me to throw my hype in the bin. Sure, what they are releasing is cool, but I actually want to see the hard work. Call me paranoid, but that last trailer does have me worried that we really are going to get a two hour concert (not that anything is wrong with that).

Knuckles
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Knuckles » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:18 am

My hype for this movie is almost all but gone at this point.
Last edited by Knuckles on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It doesn't matter. This is all I need.."
"Rei is genetically his mom, socially his friend/coworker/classmate, legally his sister, spiritually the progenitor of the entire 'normal' biosphere, physically a mass of matter that ought not be, and technically (depending on which Rei we're talking about) also some form of the risen dead.

...and I still like Shinji/Rei."

qu4d
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby qu4d » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:12 am

View Original PostKnuckles wrote:My hype for this movie almost all but gone at this point.

And is this a good or a bad thing? ;)

No hype is better IMHO, the lesser excited you are, the bigger the impact of the movie can be. Even though something in my head says: I WANT TO SEE SOMETHING, my rational part loves the current situation.

Knuckles
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Knuckles » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:10 am

View Original Postqu4d wrote:And is this a good or a bad thing? ;)

No hype is better IMHO, the lesser excited you are, the bigger the impact of the movie can be.

I agree, for the most part.

Honestly all it will take is to watch 2.0 again in close proximity to watching 3.0 and all the hype will come back. :p
"It doesn't matter. This is all I need.."
"Rei is genetically his mom, socially his friend/coworker/classmate, legally his sister, spiritually the progenitor of the entire 'normal' biosphere, physically a mass of matter that ought not be, and technically (depending on which Rei we're talking about) also some form of the risen dead.

...and I still like Shinji/Rei."

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:55 am

Just to know the movie is coming out in a month is all the hype I need.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

tomfrom994
Adam

Postby tomfrom994 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:03 am

One part of me likes the advertising so far. After it was confirmed that the piano thing would elicit a "Oh, I get it" response when people actually see the movie, it made me really start to appreciate it. It makes me think of how the last poster for 2.0 came to mind when you saw the final scene in 2.0. I thought that that was kind of cool.
But then, the other part of me doesn't really see why it's necessary to elicit that sort of response from the viewer, as the way 2.0 did it didn't really add much more to the film than what was already there. Granted, that scene is sort of iconic in my mind, but I have a hard time believing the poster did anything to make it feel iconic.
But THEN, the OTHER part of me feels like it's a way for Anno to keep audiences from knowing what happens in the film. Thus, we're left with the "piano association," as well as our minds speculating tons of different scenarios, thus widening our expectations, but leaving them non-specific.

In other words, I believe that we're getting something from this trailer. It's something that's from the film, and it's something that isn't. It's like seeing a scribbly sketch from the last scene of the film that won't make sense until we see it. And we dismiss it, simply because we don't get it. Thus, Anno has worked his way into the inner workings of your mind to leave you guessing around what may be the backbone of the film, and leaving us all to be proven wrong when we actually see it.

Therefore, we can say that EVANGELION:3.0 is the most advanced film that human kind has made thus far, as it is not only advanced in terms of the technology used to make it, but it is a film that has an accelerated knowledge of the human mind. If these trailers are any indicator, this film will travel deeper through the subconscious than any film ever made. It will then brainwash us into seeing EVANGELION:FINAL, which will wipe our minds clean of moral restraints to make us perfect candidates for Anno's growing army of libertine soldiers that will rule the world and use their power to allow Anno to begin the 120 Days of Sodom on the first of November in 2014.

Or, I'm over analysing it. Either way, I think the piano trailer is pretty cool.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:40 pm

^
I'll stick with a zombie apocalypse, if you don't mind...

I wonder, if it is indeed a trailer, if it'll be the "Fly me to the moon" format used in 1.0 and 2.0... I liked those a lot...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:43 pm

People already have a lot of fan fiction-y ideas about what the films are supposed to be (not that I'm not criticizing anyone for speculating, that's the nature of the game). It's fine as long as you don't take speculating too seriously (I.E., "Q MUST be X, Y, and Z or it will suck"). I'm kind of glad that the lack of traditional advertising has kept some fuel off that fire -- we won't get pissed when our big ideas about half-second flashes in the trailer turn out to be wrong.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:32 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:People already have a lot of fan fiction-y ideas about what the films are supposed to be (not that I'm not criticizing anyone for speculating, that's the nature of the game). It's fine as long as you don't take speculating too seriously (I.E., "Q MUST be X, Y, and Z or it will suck").

My gosh I absolutely HATE that when it comes to new movies in a series. It's like they expect to creators to make a script out of their Less Than Mediocre 7 page story.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:40 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Just to know the movie is coming out in a month is all the hype I need.

This. Everything else is irrelevant.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”