Official Welcome Thread

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:56 am

Hello there. I'm a first time poster, long time fan of the Eva franchise. I look forward to sharing the love i have for this anime with others and all future developments in the series.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:57 am

Glad to have you. :)
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:25 am

Irasshai! Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay!
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Rj123541 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:35 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Hello there. I'm a first time poster, long time fan of the Eva franchise. I look forward to sharing the love i have for this anime with others and all future developments in the series.
Well it is nice to have another member of the EGF family. I am sure you will enjoy your time here until you meet Ran1. My supposed other ego.
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Welcome, Gus Hanson.

View Original PostRj123541 wrote:Well it is nice to have another member of the EGF family. I am sure you will enjoy your time here until you meet Ran1. My supposed other ego.
I'm guessing ran1 is your new default antagonist? Whatever happened to Hyper Shinchan? :chinscratch:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:02 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Welcome, Gus Hanson.

I'm guessing ran1 is your new default antagonist? Whatever happened to Hyper Shinchan? :chinscratch:

I think RJ's little spat with Hyper Shinchan ended a while ago. He just accepted the fact that Hyper Shinchan posts KxS from time to time. Ran1 just said that RJ was his "alter-ego" in this thread; that's where it comes from.
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Am I a member of the anti-fun brigade or something now?
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:57 pm

View Original PostGus Hanson wrote:Hello there. I'm a first time poster, long time fan of the Eva franchise. I look forward to sharing the love i have for this anime with others and all future developments in the series.

Sup. Welcome to the forum

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:00 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:Am I a member of the anti-fun brigade or something now?

Oh, poor ran! Always being made fun off! Don´t worry though, I still love you!
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:05 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:Am I a member of the anti-fun brigade or something now?

I've had loads of fun following your escapades over the past three months, so that can't be true! If anything, you're a member of the anti-anti-fun brigade!
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:42 am

I feel bad, seems like I started the whole "writing off ran" shit and now everyone's doing it. Guys, cmon, yea he can troll but you don't need to just talk about how he does it all the time. If he starts shit say it, but when he's just being sociable, or not even being around, you don't have to talk bad about him.

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Rj123541 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:15 am

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:I think RJ's little spat with Hyper Shinchan ended a while ago. He just accepted the fact that Hyper Shinchan posts KxS from time to time. Ran1 just said that RJ was his "alter-ego" in this thread; that's where it comes from.
You are right, In fact Shinchan and I are pretty good friends. He is what I like to call my discussion buddy.

COL: No, I just said that because Ran is the one that put it first.
logic.
ロジック

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:09 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I feel bad, seems like I started the whole "writing off ran" shit and now everyone's doing it. Guys, cmon, yea he can troll but you don't need to just talk about how he does it all the time. If he starts shit say it, but when he's just being sociable, or not even being around, you don't have to talk bad about him.

Yeah, but you can't even do a halfway decent job of actually writing me off. Bagheera and Stryker have far eclipsed you in that regard
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:23 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:Yeah, but you can't even do a halfway decent job of actually writing me off. Bagheera and Stryker have far eclipsed you in that regard

Mmmm? I haven't written you off. I wish I could, since your noise/signal ratio is so fucking terrible (albeit not so much lately), but I can't since the signal is pure fucking intellectual bliss when it comes through loud and clear. No, the worst I can express about you is disappointment, though that may perhaps be more damning than outright dismissal (mileage no doubt varies on that point).

I'm genuinely glad to see you making the effort, what with the sandbox analysis and the Nadia bit, even if Sachi did steal your thunder on the first. Sorry man, but he really knocked it out of the park on that one. Camera faggotry doesn't really match up by compare, even if it is interesting to see just how much Anno knows about the craft. But I long for the day when my default expectation for you is greatness rather than trolling; I don't knock the delight of being surprised when you break pattern, but said delight is far outweighed by the disappointment that creeps in when you don't. Though general natter about shit like KS is a perfectly acceptable happy medium. But I remain hopeful -- I'm a hopeless optimist when it comes to things like that.

And FFS, I am the anti-fun brigade. Seriously, my custom title should be "Angry Kitty" or something, it's really bad. The rest of you lot are just poseurs at best.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Rj123541 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:28 pm

How did this turn into the roast of Ran1?
logic.
ロジック

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:50 pm

itt newbs who don't get ran1 and why the guy is real soul brother.

backseat mod moment: topic guys.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:47 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:itt newbs who don't get ran1 and why the guy is real soul brother.

backseat mod moment: topic guys.

Don't know if this is one of the times you're being serious, but i'm sure many of the people here do get ran, but just don't like him. The trolling and noise/signal ratio might be fun to some but i'm sure you can grasp why some people wouldn't care for that.

On topic: Welcome to EvaGeeks Gus Hanson, as you can see, it's a very accepting and polite community.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:Don't know if this is one of the times you're being serious, but i'm sure many of the people here do get ran, but just don't like him. The trolling and noise/signal ratio might be fun to some but i'm sure you can grasp why some people wouldn't care for that.

Ran is frustrating at times, but he is not malicious. I've found that keeping that in mind takes a lot of the sting out of his otherwise thoughtless/brutish trolling comments.

On topic: Welcome to EvaGeeks Gus Hanson, as you can see, it's a very accepting and polite community.

Heh. We can be, when we're not getting ourselves worked up by meaningless shit. It's sadly all too easy to fall off the wagon in that regard, though.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:39 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:Don't know if this is one of the times you're being serious, but i'm sure many of the people here do get ran

You don't get me Dream, because you're new. I'm just too ironic for you to comprehend. I'm not sure how you would've ever survived 2010 evageeks -- the levels of paradox would've rustled you far past whatever I'm doing now
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Y'all missed the most important part of Xard's post.

View Original PostXard wrote:backseat mod moment: topic guys.

The Welcome thread is the last place we should be airing our dirty laundry.

Return to “Old Stickies”