What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:06 pm

I've only played I, II and Brotherhood, so I don't know the rest of the plot and wouldn't be able to comment. Does it become that inane?
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

AlexanderSoryuu
Banned

Postby AlexanderSoryuu » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:10 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:I've only played I, II and Brotherhood, so I don't know the rest of the plot and wouldn't be able to comment. Does it become that inane?
Third one is El Dorado and the fourth one will be Pirates of the Caribbean. I believe that answers your question.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:13 pm

View Original PostAlexanderSoryuu wrote:Third one is El Dorado and the fourth one will be Pirates of the Caribbean. I believe that answers your question.

Pirates of the Caribbean? My reaction to that:

SPOILER: Show

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:I still plan on purchasing Assassin's Creed III some time soon. II and Brotherhood were equal parts compelling and hilarious, because once you got all the upgrades and all the best equipment, there was nothing stopping you from single-handedly mowing down an entire small army like it's just practice.

Still have yet to pick up 3 myself. Brotherhood was already starting the franchise fatigue on my end and Revelations was just a drag by the second half. Been meaning to rent AC3 but I'm just so bored with the series.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Can anyone recommend any good survival horror games? I've already played the entire Dead Space series, the whole Fatal Frame series, Half-Life and Bioshock, I'm currently playing through the System Shock series and I've also got Left 4 Dead 2, as well as every Silent Hill game up to Silent Hill 4. I've also got both Slender and Slender: The Arrival. Right now I feel like I've finished or gotten halfway through most of the games that actually interest me, and most survival horror series these days seem to be either fallen from grace (Silent Hill) or too combat-orientated (Resident Evil, F.E.AR.) for my tastes. Are there any good, suspenseful horror games left out there?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:07 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Can anyone recommend any good survival horror games? I've already played the entire Dead Space series, the whole Fatal Frame series, Half-Life and Bioshock, I'm currently playing through the System Shock series and I've also got Left 4 Dead 2, as well as every Silent Hill game up to Silent Hill 4. I've also got both Slender and Slender: The Arrival. Right now I feel like I've finished or gotten halfway through most of the games that actually interest me, and most survival horror series these days seem to be either fallen from grace (Silent Hill) or too combat-orientated (Resident Evil, F.E.AR.) for my tastes. Are there any good, suspenseful horror games left out there?

I'm noticing a distinct lack of Amnesia on your list. You should check it out.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:38 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:We New Deus Ex Game now!

Dat some Bob Page I here? Hell yes.

*hyperventilates*

This just had to happen as I was considering when I should perform the honorary ritual of bringing up the desktop computer from the basement to the sunroom for the first time of the season to usher in the annual continuation of the holy Deus Ex replay I've been chipping away at each summer for a few years now.

Jesus Christ. We're still a week away from E3 and this is already the best E3 in years.

YES.

Show me a new console and I shrug, show me a game I actually want and I go nuts!

Let's take bets now: Last Guardian, yea-show or nay-show?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:42 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:I wonder if they will ever make Shenmue III. They keep hinting at it and teasing everybody every year, but nothing ever gets done. It's like it's the new Duke Nukem Forever.
Today I just reached disk 3 of the 1st chapter, as I said the story is getting even more interesting and complicated.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:53 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Last Guardian, yea-show or nay-show?

Pffffffffffffahhahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha No.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:58 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:Today I just reached disk 3 of the 1st chapter, as I said the story is getting even more interesting and complicated.

I'd be interested in reading your thoughts on the story once you're done.

Katana
Banned

Postby Katana » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:59 pm

I'd be happy to share my opinion about it.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:04 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Let's take bets now: Last Guardian, yea-show or nay-show?

I wish. I would be really pissed if they migrated to PS4 during all these delays.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:29 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Let's take bets now: Last Guardian, yea-show or nay-show?

Vaporware status. Wasn't this game announced back in 2006? Ill say nay-show.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:30 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Can anyone recommend any good survival horror games? I've already played the entire Dead Space series, the whole Fatal Frame series, Half-Life and Bioshock, I'm currently playing through the System Shock series and I've also got Left 4 Dead 2, as well as every Silent Hill game up to Silent Hill 4. I've also got both Slender and Slender: The Arrival. Right now I feel like I've finished or gotten halfway through most of the games that actually interest me, and most survival horror series these days seem to be either fallen from grace (Silent Hill) or too combat-orientated (Resident Evil, F.E.AR.) for my tastes. Are there any good, suspenseful horror games left out there?

Like CJD said, Amnesia and Penumbra, for sure. I'd start with the latter. Clock Tower is another good series. I have the same issues you do with survival horror. I grew up during the golden age of Survival Horror, but it's harder to find true SH these days. Keep looking into indie games and don't forget the older stuff from the mid to late 90's. If I can remember any others I'll let you know.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:39 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Vaporware status. Wasn't this game announced back in 2006? Ill say nay-show.

I really hope The Last Guardian doesn't go the way of Duke Nukem Forever....
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:41 pm

Don't worry, it's only going the way of FFvsXIII.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:50 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:I really hope The Last Guardian doesn't go the way of Duke Nukem Forever....

DNF I'll admit was.....a guilty pleasure :bigeyes: , but even if Last Guardian does take a gajillion years to come out, I'm sure it wont be as disappointing as DNF.

View Original PostZapX wrote:Don't worry, it's only going the way of FFvsXIII.

Square will probably release it for PS4 and brand it as a FF14.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:15 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I'm noticing a distinct lack of Amnesia on your list. You should check it out.

I already have Amnesia (including the Justine DLC). Sorry that I forgot to put it on the list :lol: . I might try out Penumbra, though. I might try to get Clock Tower for my PS2 if I can find the game anywhere.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:17 pm

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Square will probably release it for PS4 and brand it as a FF14.
Hasn't Versus 13 been renamed as FF15? :lol:

AlexanderSoryuu
Banned

Postby AlexanderSoryuu » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:23 pm

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:I already have Amnesia (including the Justine DLC). Sorry that I forgot to put it on the list :lol: . I might try out Penumbra, though. I might try to get Clock Tower for my PS2 if I can find the game anywhere.

Killing Floor, one really, really underground Korean game named 'White Day, the Labyrinth called School' ( One of the personal favorites. ), Corpse Party, DreadOut ( Demo for it is out and it's great, if you loved Fatal Frame, you'll love this. ). If you need any more recommendations, talk ta' Alex, he knows all the best survival shit around. ;)

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”