What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:58 am

Started Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen today.I wanted to get Deadly Premonition Directos Cut this week but i heard some pretty bad things about the framerate(worse than 360 version).
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:22 am

Haven't touched Call of Duty:Black Ops 2 in ages, decided to blow off some steam in a 5 minute match while listening to shitty metalcore I used to listen to when I was 14 today-

One does not simply unlearn FPS, I guess :shrug:
Muscle memory is one hell of a drug

Coming into the game I used my usual 3 Attachment MP5(w/o laser sight) loadout with Tac Insert and Claymores and expected to be super lost in my first game since I had started playing copious amounts of World of Tanks.
I expected to have unlearned twitch aiming and fast battles because WoT looks very slow and unspectacular on the surface(Truly the dark souls of multiplayer-match-based-make-thing-dead-with-barely-realistic-gun-game :lol:), but I think I actually benefited from playing WoT a lot.
I seem to have a better estimate of my surroundings and enemy spawns now and move through the map a lot smoother and my aim hasn't really gotten any worse.

Does anyone know if the DLC maps are any good?

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Paying Hearts of Iron III: Damnit, Portugal. Why are you so weak?
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Just today I got back to my long-standing replay of Final Fantasy 7. When I last played (which was just over 8 months ago), I had just arrived in that illusory place in the Lifestream where Tifa must help Cloud remember his true memories, and where much of the story between them and about what happened five years ago at Nibelheim is revealed.

Man, that is some good stuff. It probably benefits from the lack of voice-acting, too.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:56 pm

View Original Postssguy wrote: Atlus.... worst game of the year.

/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

sephiros
Lilith

Postby sephiros » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Wow, glad I looked here. I never actually got to play the game on PS1 (I got my PS1 when the game already cost almost $100). So I immediately bought it last summer, when Square put up a downloadable version, but I lost my momentum just after that lifestream part (I started working towards a gold chocobo). I had completely forgotten about it. I guess I know what I'm doing until finals next week.
Godzilla never had an AT Field!!
You dumbass, what the hell else do you think I'm talking about? We're gonna combine!!
If the demon is truly big, then we are no match for it. It's irrational. It's impossible. It's against my religion.
Your victory was a Deus Ex Machina, ergo that cake is a lie!

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 pm

View Original PostDima wrote:Started Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen today.I wanted to get Deadly Premonition Directos Cut this week but i heard some pretty bad things about the framerate(worse than 360 version).
Damn it. :irked:

How bad is it exactly?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:42 am

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Damn it. :irked:

How bad is it exactly?

Some are saying it can go even to 15-20FPS.I heard the same with Silent Hill HD,that it was unplayable and such but i bought and finished both games without having any problems.The low framerate was there but nowhere as bad as i thought after reading some comments.I heard that they are making a patch though for Deadly Promonition.I would buy the game now but i dont have much free time these days.Maybe in a couple of weeks.
Last edited by Dima on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:54 am

Well, if it's going to get fixed then I'll probably keep the game in my maybe pile instead of chucking it.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:58 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Haven't touched Call of Duty:Black Ops 2 in ages, decided to blow off some steam in a 5 minute match while listening to shitty metalcore I used to listen to when I was 14 today-

I can't get into Treyarch's Cal of Duty titles. The only one I really played through was World at War and I only played it for the War game mode. When I played the first Black Ops I couldn't get into the multiplayer, it was just too different. So I just always stuck to Infinity Ward's games. Which is why I've been playing Modern Warfare 3 recently. I used to be so good, now I choke up in every engagement. I panic when I start doing somewhat okay and I end up screwing over a good kill streak. I guess I spent too much time playing Halo that I lost some of my comfort zone in Call of Duty.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:55 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:I can't get into Treyarch's Cal of Duty titles. The only one I really played through was World at War and I only played it for the War game mode. When I played the first Black Ops I couldn't get into the multiplayer, it was just too different. So I just always stuck to Infinity Ward's games. Which is why I've been playing Modern Warfare 3 recently. I used to be so good, now I choke up in every engagement. I panic when I start doing somewhat okay and I end up screwing over a good kill streak. I guess I spent too much time playing Halo that I lost some of my comfort zone in Call of Duty.

I loved World at War. If only for Nazi Zombies. God I loved that feature.

I've never been much for the CoD titles, it always feels like the same basic game over and over again. Halo at least feels like it has a plot. Then again, I just like Science Fiction.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

sephiros
Lilith

Postby sephiros » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:19 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:I loved World at War. If only for Nazi Zombies. God I loved that feature.

I've never been much for the CoD titles, it always feels like the same basic game over and over again. Halo at least feels like it has a plot. Then again, I just like Science Fiction.

My first CoD (online) was MW2, and that's the only one I've ever liked the multiplayer on. I just hated the way guns handled in other games. As for CoD plots, they're just about one QTE after another, although the end of MW3 was pretty satisfying. Halo definitely benefits from the SciFi, but I think its casual-ness helps. CoDs a little too serious for its own good. Grunts are inherently more fun than dozens of identical terrorists. Don't mean to hate, I still play with my friends when I go back home, just got bored waiting for class.
Godzilla never had an AT Field!!
You dumbass, what the hell else do you think I'm talking about? We're gonna combine!!
If the demon is truly big, then we are no match for it. It's irrational. It's impossible. It's against my religion.
Your victory was a Deus Ex Machina, ergo that cake is a lie!

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:27 pm

View Original Postsephiros wrote:My first CoD (online) was MW2, and that's the only one I've ever liked the multiplayer on. I just hated the way guns handled in other games. As for CoD plots, they're just about one QTE after another, although the end of MW3 was pretty satisfying. Halo definitely benefits from the SciFi, but I think its casual-ness helps. CoDs a little too serious for its own good. Grunts are inherently more fun than dozens of identical terrorists. Don't mean to hate, I still play with my friends when I go back home, just got bored waiting for class.

My views of CoD multiplayer are summed up as: "I FUCKED YOUR MUM LAST NIGHT". I've found Halo to be a little, teeny, weeny bit more mature than that. But I generally disable voice chat unless it's a team game (eg: Team Snipers :heart: ).

Grunts are awesome. I loved the Grunt Birthday Party skull from Halo 3. It made my day to brain some grunt and have his head explode with confetti. I Would Have Been Your Daddy was another fun one.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:31 pm

I can't draw the comparison because I only played CoD on PC and Halo on consoles, there are like six worlds inbetween those two in terms of gameplay.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Contrary to what many people say, the new SimCity isn't bad, despite the tiny maps. It doesn't have the depth of SC4, but it's a fun time waster. It's Cities XL plus a modern engine and sans the massive memory leak issues.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:34 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:Contrary to what many people say, the new SimCity isn't bad, despite the tiny maps. It doesn't have the depth of SC4, but it's a fun time waster. It's Cities XL plus a modern engine and sans the massive memory leak issues.

Is it true that it's always connected to the internet? If it is, then that's a turn off for me.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby CX1329 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:14 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Is it true that it's always connected to the internet? If it is, then that's a turn off for me.

Yes, it is. You can definitely play it as a single player game, like I do, but even then it's always connected to the Internet.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:17 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:Yes, it is. You can definitely play it as a single player game, like I do, but even then it's always connected to the Internet.

So that means I can't play it on an aircraft? Maxis, you've lost a customer.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:39 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:I loved World at War. If only for Nazi Zombies. God I loved that feature.

Call of Duty 4 had a very well done plot if you explored the story beyond who you played as. But I do get where people come from when they say it's the same basic game over and over again. To me that helps since I wasn't really good at FPS titles to begin with, and CoD was a game that had the vibe of "Easy to learn, difficult to master" I could do well, but if you were good at FPS's you could do extraordinary. However Halo did always have the better plot (until 4 came along and ruined everything) and I felt the plot for the Modern Warfare series kind of dragged on after MW2, I only played through MW3's campaign once and didn't bother, but I did the same for Halo 4 cause they both sucked in my honest opinion.

As far as multiplayer goes, the maturity of the community is about the same. At least, that's how I view it cause I'm a Total. Dick. in Halo. When Reach came out all I played was Invasion cause that was my favorite game type, and Boneyard/Spire were my favorite maps. However I got frustrated with people coming into the playlist and voting for Invasion Slayer on Hemorrhage a map and game type I absolutely wanted out of the playlist. So whenever that got voted for I just killed myself over and over again to bring my teams score down. If anyone betrayed me, I just booted them. Childish? Very. But that Map and game type shouldn't have been in the playlist to begin with. Not to mention There are other forms of griefing in Halo that I never did like team killing in Grifball, and getting in the Hornet in Halo 3 and picking up the guy with the flag/bomb and then just hovering over a cliff.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:12 pm

I started Metal Gear Solid 2 today, and made it past the Tanker sequence. I thought Snake was hot, but Raiden is just beautiful.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”