What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:52 pm

Still playing Macross 30 and now that I have a idea of how to navigate the menus (thank you Xard) I’m having a really good time with it game is very fun and it is a blast to switch between the three modes on the fly (although most of the time I do find myself in GERWALK mode. I’ll write more thoughts on it as I get further in the game but it has made a good first impression

Also being able to punch a battle ship to death in GERWALK mode is kind of awesome, times like these I wish I had a PS3 capture card.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Just bought Trauma Team from ATLUS today on the Wii---I must say that for a surgery simulator type of game, its actually pretty good! :nyao:

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:34 pm

BioShock Infinite.

SPOILER: Show
I guess he had everyone who asked him why he looked so old for his age disappear.Image

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:17 pm

Just got my last badge in Pokemon Black 2. Off to rip Team Plasma a new one.

...Who's idea was it to make the last gym in the game Water-type?
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Rj123541 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Playing some more League Of Legends, I can now say that I am %100 addicted to this game. [/i]
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Just finished the last two thirds of Bioshock Infinite in one go today...

Madokashock much

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:26 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Pokemon Black 2

What's your line-up lookin' like, man?
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:45 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:...Who's idea was it to make the last gym in the game Water-type?

that face when you realise marlon is actually white
Voluntary Illusion.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:49 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:What's your line-up lookin' like, man?

Nothing special at the moment, since I'm still playing through the story.
The A-Team  SPOILER: Show
Emboar (Fire-type starters FTW)
Lucario (Early Riolus FTW)
Magnezone (Magnets FTW)
Espeon (Favorite Eeveevolution FTW)
Excadrill (Uber-tier FTW)
Swanna (HM-slaves FTW)

I just beat the last gym, so they're all around level 50 right now... except for Swanna, since I've kinda been neglecting him. He still swoops in with the occasional clutch Surf from time to time though, and he took out Marlon's Wailord singlehandedly in a Bounce/Fly game of attrition. :lol:

Don't know if I'll go too far into the metagame, but my first priority after I complete the story is breeding a Larvitar and making a kick-ass Tyranitar out of it. I like giving my Pokemon totally offensive move-sets that cover as many of their weaknesses as possible, so I don't know how long I'd last in any competitive matches.... :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:01 am

Been mostly flying around on GTA San Andreas (Will have to settle for this until i find a better flight game), took down 12 or 16 jets, 1 with the older (probably Mustang P51-based) plane. I think i've realized just how much of a bad pilot i am, but at least i don't get sick in first person view anymore. Also, it kinda sucks having to handle the plane with a mouse, both because the mouse is a bit too sensitive and it feels somewhat uncomfortable.

Aside from that, i've been getting back into Ogrebattle 64 and a few other 64 games. In Ogrebattle i already have all the key units somewhat developed as well as finally getting the basic form of my battallion, which isn't too bad for chapter 2.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:35 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:Nothing special at the moment, since I'm still playing through the story.

Magnezone's the shit. I run a Dual Screens set on mine. And I'm the other side of the coin with the Eeveelution - Umbreon's my favourite, even though it has a really limited/bizarre movepool, but it can be used quite interestingly as a trapper.

I think the moveset I have on it at current is something like;
-Mean Look
-Payback
-Heal Bell
-Toxic

I'm also going to be battling my brother again tomorrow. He reckon he's worked on his team a little more, so I'm going to be using my "main" line-up but with a couple of swap-ins maybe:

Crobat
Magnezone
Gengar
Alakazam/Scizor
Umbreon/Milotic
Torterra
It'll be the first time I've used/lead with my new Acrobatics set Crobat, so keen to see how it'll pan out.

I'll do up a battle report of sorts if all goes accordingly.

Been playing a fair amount of GTAIV on my new PS3 too. Pretty damn enjoyable, but more so watching my partner play - Which is equally frustrating and hilarious at the same time.

:lol:
Warren Peace, #643919

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:15 pm

Is the 3DS worth jumping on? honestly all this talk of Pokemon is making me wanna buy one, the last pokemon games I played were FireRed and Ruby which I played on a GBA emulator on the PSP ;)

On topic: Currently waiting for my copy of Bioshock Infinite to arrive. In the meantime I started replaying Halo 4 again after a kinda long hiatus the new maps are pretty good although I wish they made some of the maps bigger for big team slayer.
*sigh* just kill me already.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:49 am

If you're thinking of getting a 3DS and have the money to do so; do it.

:D

Dude, they got Ocarina of Time, what's there to think about? Haha. And if anything ever comes of Operation Moonfall, Majora's Mask would seal the deal for me personally.

And yeah, get involved with Pokemon Black/White 2. HeartGold/SoulSilver too while you're at it...

In related news - Picked up my own copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 this afternoon (Now I won't have to go to my brother's to play). Time to get some well deserved hours in with my Kazuya game!
Last edited by Blue Monday on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Warren Peace, #643919

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:32 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:If you're thinking of getting a 3DS and have the money to do so; do it.

:D

Dude, they got Ocarina of Time, what's to think to think about? Haha.

also

do you even hunt

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:14 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Magnezone's the shit. I run a Dual Screens set on mine. And I'm the other side of the coin with the Eeveelution - Umbreon's my favourite, even though it has a really limited/bizarre movepool, but it can be used quite interestingly as a trapper.

I think the moveset I have on it at current is something like;
-Mean Look
-Payback
-Heal Bell
-Toxic

I'm also going to be battling my brother again tomorrow. He reckon he's worked on his team a little more, so I'm going to be using my "main" line-up but with a couple of swap-ins maybe:

Crobat
Magnezone
Gengar
Alakazam/Scizor
Umbreon/Milotic
Torterra
It'll be the first time I've used/lead with my new Acrobatics set Crobat, so keen to see how it'll pan out.

I'll do up a battle report of sorts if all goes accordingly.

Been playing a fair amount of GTAIV on my new PS3 too. Pretty damn enjoyable, but more so watching my partner play - Which is equally frustrating and hilarious at the same time.

:lol:

Is that your team you use in casual battles, like on Wifi, or in the game itself? Do you use mostly OU pokemon, like ones that Smogon suggest?
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:34 am

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Is the 3DS worth jumping on? honestly all this talk of Pokemon is making me wanna buy one, the last pokemon games I played were FireRed and Ruby which I played on a GBA emulator on the PSP ;)
Fire Emblem Awakening and the soon to come SMT IV make it worth it.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:43 am

Is that your team you use in casual battles, like on Wifi, or in the game itself?

It's the team that's basically the end result of my Pearl and HeartGold play-though(s) and it's become my "main" by way of having the highest rate of victory, both in-game and in battles with other people (Excluding wi-fi/online, as I haven't ever gotten around to sorting any of that out). EF even helped me refine some of the movesets of aforementioned team members a couple months back.

By mixing up Scizor and Milotic in there, a solid line-up become even more potent in some ways, as they're both two of the strongest/killer members from another team of mine. And Offensive Swords Dance Scizor FTW, bro...

:smokin:

Do you use mostly OU pokemon, like ones that Smogon suggest?

Nah, I seriously just use whichever Pokes piques my interest hey. Or whatever I think is cool, haha. Like I have a Pikachu I use even though it gets straight OHKO'd all the time, every time.

I do scope Smogon for recommended movesets as they're always usually the most solid around. But not always.
Warren Peace, #643919

CaliGari
Embryo

Postby CaliGari » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:21 am

SMT Nocturne. It's pretty ballin' so far, but can be rage inducing as well.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Been doing a semi-speedrun of Final Fantasy VII. Just got the Tiny Bronco and Cid at 9h45m.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:40 pm

View Original PostCaliGari wrote:SMT Nocturne
Good man, Nocturne is my favorite in the main series.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”