General RML Thread [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

General RML Thread [2]

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Continued from:

View Original PostDream wrote:Lucky you. I wish i could too (And i occasionally do it for a few weeks sometimes, even if it's more an accident than anything), but unfortunately my art class is in the afternoon, and i have to be well awake for it to be useful, plus my family would give me shit about living at night :irked:

At least it's nice the few times it happens (plus i can play KS or watch K-ON! When my family isn't around)
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:35 pm

Strange, I thought we would hit page 100 before a new topic, but oh well.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Last time I settled down for the night with a thread on 99 pages, I woke up to this.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:52 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Last time I settled down for the night with a thread on 99 pages, I woke up to this.

Don't remind me. :lastresort:

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:31 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Last time I settled down for the night with a thread on 99 pages, I woke up to this.

Just curious, is there any particular reason threads get closed at 100 pages? Is it just to prevent thousand page threads turning off newcomers?

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:42 pm

Ornette could explain it better, but it is because any thread over 100 pages tends to create lag or loading problems on the server. Basically, it makes navigating the forum much slower because it has to load the threads over 100 pages.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:20 pm

To celebrate the 2nd RML topic I give this: I am less then a month away from my birthday.RML
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:31 pm

RML topic reaching part 2 is pretty RML

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:57 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:RML topic reaching part 2 is pretty RML

I second this.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Tru dat, Xard.

RML!
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Deepak
Lilith

Postby Deepak » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Olympics start tomorrow!

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:22 am

View Original PostXard wrote:RML topic reaching part 2 is pretty RML

I don't think it really means anything to be honest.

In any case, uh, something good... I watched the second episode of K-ON! And i have another couple of my school modules. I know i'm often repeating myself with this, but it's just that i can't believe it, how things are so simple and peaceful and happy (Well, not exactly happy but i can't think of a better word) Now i can leave all my past and all those fucking horrible things behind, forever.

Oh, and i gotten a little better at illustration and a girl tried to talk to me in my art class, not something exactly RML but it wasn't FML either.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby BiQ » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:52 am

Only one week left before getting to a vacation. RML.

(I could write a long post about this being a vacation I have been waiting quite much but due to the reasons being highly personal and somewhat touchy for certain people close to me, I'll refrain from doing that.)
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. -Mr. Tines

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Apparently I made something called a Dean's List for my spring semester. That is a good thing I take t?
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Good for you, TDSA. :thumbsup:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:54 pm

Thanks CoL. I guess this means I can point and laugh at anyone that calls me retarded ever again. :lol:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:17 am

So yeah started writing a story version of tales 3. Tales 1 ended up being a lot more cohesive then tales 2, I feel because I wrote a story first which the comic script sort of used as a guide. So I will do the same with tales 3. I decided to do something a bit different for tales 3, this is similar to muggys novel where characters are kind of loosely based off of members of the forum. Except this will be a sci-fantasy epic instead of a murder mystery. Here is the rough draft intro.

SPOILER: Show
Tales 3

The sun hung in the sky peacefully, a single glaring point amid the blue sky. It was on this day, a day like any other that Xara, performed her duty of tending to her families scarecrow. Xara was a young girl who belong to a farming family without much status in the kingdom Engelef. Day in and day out she performed her same chores dutifully. Someday she knew her family would try to marry her off to some “nice boy” who she probably would not be interested in. She would some day bare children of her own, marry them off repeating the process, then grow old and die. It was a depressing prospect really. She sighed as she got down from the scarecrow. It was now standing straight, no straw was falling out of it anymore and its face was ugly, a job well done indeed!

The scarecrows head tumbled off its shoulders bopping the young girl on the head. "Oh for the love of…” She was about to continue complaining but it was then she noticed something in the distance. It sounded like the beating of horse hooves accompanied by…was that a battle cry of some sort?

“HOOOOOONOOOOOOOORRRR!!!!” She only had time to glance up and see one of the most ridiculous sites she had ever laid eyes on in her mind numbingly boring life coming charging down the hill, through her familys crops. What was either a short red humanoid robot or a short armored figure riding atop a cyan blue colored unicorn pony with a pink and purple colored mane came crashing into her fence. The red assailant flew from the horses back in mid air he sliced the head right off her scare crow!

“Take that beast! DIE DIE DIE!” he shouted as he repreatedly smashed his broad sword into the scarecrows head.

About ten minutes earlier

Titano Dorrin, banished prince of the kingdom of Titano Kamoe road on the back of Aiwass his “faithful steed", trailing behind him was his loyal knight Obsidion. This was the eve of their 13th year in exile. It had been a long and winding road, but today perhaps they would get lucky. Perhaps the lead they got had finally lead them to the fabeled Corpse Witch. Today just might be the day Titano reclaimed his honor. But then again maybe it wouldn’t be today. Titano popped his helmet a bit of sun shown on the disfigured flesh beneath the visor as he took another swig of his Kamoe ail.

“I remember when I used to have Kamoe ail back home…it was much better there..this bootleg stuff these foreigners make…it’s not fit to have the kamoe name on it… but it feels like it was just yesterday. Yesterday I had real Kamoe ail…”

“Ugggh… not this again…will you just get over yourself! Just find something else to drink!” Aiwass complained earning a swift kick in her rear from her rider.

“How many times do I have to tell you Aiwass? I will NEVER get over myself and neither should you! We are allies of justice, the only ones who can see this through to the end! And by golly we are going do it or die trying! We are going to do…the doo doo!” he slurred , he was plastered drunk. It was then he noticed an ominous figure looming below. Shrouded in a veil as black as midnight and what was unmistakably a green haired dark elf at her side! It was none other then the scourge of the living world he had been sent by his father Titano Legion to kill, the Corpse Witch!

“A-Aiwass are… are you seeing what I’m seeing?” He stammered out pointing at the scarecrow.

“You mean the scarecrow?” He ignored the blue ponys comment.

“The Corpse Witch! It’s been so long! But now Vengeance is mine! Hi-Ho Aiwass!” he shouted as he smacked her rear with the flat side of his broad sword causing the small pony to whinny in surprise!

“HOOOONNNNOOOOORRR!!” He bellowed as the two of them charged forward towards the “Corpse Witch”.

After running through a field Englef spices Aiwass crashed into a fence sending Titano flying through the air. His years of combat training by the elite guards of Titano Kamoe kicked in as he drew his broad sword decapitating the “corpse witch” in one fluid motion before even touching the ground. En raged, feeling the years of exiled turmoil surfacing at once he let loose all of his fury on his unsuspecting target smashing her skull beneath his might. It was then he felt something slam into the back of his head.

“What in the name of the blue mushroom elves are you doing to my scarecrow?” he turned to see the green haired pointy eared girl who had just whacked him over the head with a spade.

“The dark elf assassin! Hahaha! Youre too late! I slew your mistress and now I will slay you as well! Prepare your little green head! I will shave it and put it in a bowl as a present for my father!”

He was about to charge at her with his broadsword but found himself being restrained by hiw loyal knight Obsidion. “Prince Titano get ahold of yourself! That isn’t a dark elf and that wasn’t the Corpse Witch you just killed!” Titano glanced at the decapitataed body, his blurry vision coming back into focus.

“Wait why is the corpse witch full of straw….oh…”

“You moron! I spent all day fixing up that scarecrow!” Xara shouted as she began to ineffectively pound on Titanos armored form with her little girl fists.

“Errr… well you shouldn’t have made your scarecrow so scary looking! You mislead me!” he said pointing an accusing finger at the little girl.

The little girl could only turn red in the face as her anger at his comment “You’d better pay for it! You’d better fix it! If you don’t I’m going to beat you up!” she said picking up her spade. Before she could do much more though, a bolt of lighting shot up from the crops zapping her. Aiwass staggered out nursing a bump on her head.

“Owwww…. What…what happened? Did we win? I…I think I managed to knock them out. See who ever said ponys weren’t useful is full of horse shit!” she stated proudly “Oh wait is that a little girl?”

“Uhhh… This is totally not my fault! Aiwass! How many times have I told you do be more careful with lightning! ” Titano said pointing down at Xaras twitching form.

Obsidion shook his head “Leave this to me, I had a couple years of medical training. You learn a lot when you’re a knight at the top of your class you know! “ He squatted down “Good she has a pulse, we should probably get her back to her house before anyone sees us.” The black Knight said as he picked up her limp form.

“EEEK! What are you doing to my sister?” another little girl, this one with blue hair and pointy ears shouted as she pointed at the suspicious trio. “DAD! DAD! Xaras being kidnapped!”

“Let’s get out of here!” Aiwass shouted as she ran as fast as her pony legs could carry her, Titano and Obsidion trailing behind her. In his panic the black Knight had forgotten to put Xara down, angry shouts from a farmer coming behind him accompanied by several shotgun blasts could be heard. And so began what was by far the strangest period of Xaras life.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:22 am

Had a ton of fun at my friends' wedding reception tonight. I got to see a few faces I haven't seen in a long time, plus I got to dance for hours on end. You know the song "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga? That shit is real. Some of you may have seen my post from earlier in the FML thread. Just dance, and it'll be okay.

Okay, I'm being really cheesy now, but yeah. Old college friends and dancing for hours on end at two friends' wedding reception are awesome.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:03 pm

After a month of putting it off I finally built my real grade gundam mark-II titans version and high grade G-Exes. Now to finish building that VF-27 that I have been putting off for months...
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Spent yesterday packing and today I'm moving out to live alone for the first time in my life.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”