Am I the only one who thinks Evangelion is 'beautiful'?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Redaye
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Redaye » Sat May 26, 2012 12:26 pm

In terms of its psychological beauty, a hands-down, stone-cold fox. I enjoy its retrospective appeal. Mama loves me. Why did she die so young? You could walk onto jetliners all you pleased as long as you stepped off at flight time if you didn't actually have a boarding pass. Why did dad abandon me to military school? SDAT will be the pinnacle of portable music, once released. Parents can suck. Of course every telephone has a cord. Relationships can suck. And other such generational flotsam (those of you around 30 and up likely relate the best).
Process: Attempting to Comprehend
╔═══════════════════════════╗
║█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║ (20%)
╚═══════════════════════════╝
Estimated Time Until Completion: RUNTIME ERROR 601

thegendopose
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thegendopose » Wed May 30, 2012 3:50 pm

Definitely. Small things such as the ways some of the character's relationships are portrayed I find quite heartwarming and the overall themes in the story of redemption, love, interaction with others and rebirth. Also the way music is used in battle scenes. That 61 second action sequence in "Both of you dance like you want to win".

Butterscotch
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Butterscotch » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Evangelion is an art peice. In my opinion I feel it is art house cinema.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

Re: Am I the only one who thinks Evangelion is 'beautiful'?

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:46 pm

View Original PostMaya Ibuki wrote:When I was younger, EVA scared the shit outta me. When I look back, I think it was because I did not understand it. Nowadays as I've grown into a more mature person, I can understand it better.

I'm going to sound crazy, but Evangelion is a beautiful creation - the story, yet alone the soundtrack. I don't see why people find Evangelion depressing. Sure, it has it's downs, and there are many questions left unanswered, but I don't see the fear factor of it at all. It's just the journey of an average boy, progressing through a new life. Shinji is just trying to find his identity, which we can all relate to. I think many just see Evangelion as an anime with giant robots and sexy women, and don't pay attention to the REAL plot of the story. I see the 'action' as more of a decoy. I think those who aren't committed to following a unique and complex story hate Eva. EVA is not simply robots. It is more than that. That's what makes it so beautiful. It's an anime, yet it feels like a true story in itself - minus the Evas etc.

If only I could tell this to my GF. She hates Evangelion with a passion, and thinks that it's boring.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Jadley
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Am I the only one who thinks Evangelion is 'beautiful'?

•      
  •      

Postby Jadley » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:22 pm

View Original PostVegeta 20XX wrote:If only I could tell this to my GF. She hates Evangelion with a passion, and thinks that it's boring.

Why are you still with her?
just joking.
In my opinion EVA has become my favorite serie/anime/tvshow/piece of art of all. The reasons why....... well i'd had to write down a second bible if i had to tell the reasons.
I just think it's so amazing in everyway, therefore i think less of people who say otherwise and think they should've been an abortion.
It's too late to pry away.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:30 pm

For me, beautiful is definitely the word when describing Evangelion - I've always felt as such.

On the topic of partners: I showed NGE to my GF recently and she now loves it (Awesome, right?). It may have helped that I was able to explain a lot of her questions whilst working through the episodes. Other times I would just shush her and tell her to watch and wait, haha. She's yet to see EOE though. Looking forward to that conversation, haha.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”