Sunshine Administrator

I'm at anime central

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Is anyone else?

( typing from phone equals brevity)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Well, I am typing on my phone

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Re: I'm at anime central

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:07 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Is anyone else?

( typing from phone equals brevity)

Wish I was, but if you happen to run into any Funimation people, not talking about VA's, could you bug them for info on [C] - control – The Money and Soul of Possibility like a release date.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 pm

Not this year. =/

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby ONIAgent150 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 pm

There's a Shizune cosplayer around there somewhere! Give her my best, will you?
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:24 pm

Please go to this and report back:

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt Focus Panel
Saturday the 28th 3:30-5:30pm, Rosemont Room
YOU SHOULD BE HERE IF YOU ARE AT ACEN. TRUST US. EXTRA SPECIAL SPARKLY FANCY TIMES. 18+ only please!

http://www.funimation.com/sully/blog/mi ... al/3169791
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:42 pm

You want catgirls? We got catgirls! Come get a picture with our fine feline friends from American Cosplay Paradise at the booth. We have a snazzy standee that lets you take a picture with Eris to treasure forever.

:shinji_boohoo:

Don't turn this down - and no hoverhanding!
Voluntary Illusion.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:13 am

Went to a bondage seminar and learned how much I love to tie. Also flirted w/ a cute couple there who let me practice w/ them.

Best Acen ever.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:02 am

Are you sure you went to an anime con and not a swingers' club?
Last edited by Fireball on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:52 am

Oh if you see him don't forget to say hi to Shinichi Watanabe aka Nabeshin!

edit oh and Brina Palencia aka. Rebuild Dub Rei!
Voluntary Illusion.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:36 am

I had to live in a different state! DAMN IT, DAMN IT, DAMN IT! :headdesk:

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:48 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Went to a bondage seminar and learned how much I love to tie. Also flirted w/ a cute couple there who let me practice w/ them.

Best Acen ever.

The Internet needs to see this quote.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:49 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Went to a bondage seminar and learned how much I love to tie. Also flirted w/ a cute couple there who let me practice w/ them.

Best Acen ever.

:sadomaso: :freud: hmm now tell me about your parents.... but seriously they have those at cons? pics?
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:08 pm

View Original Postdrinian wrote:Please go to this and report back:

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt Focus Panel
Saturday the 28th 3:30-5:30pm, Rosemont Room
YOU SHOULD BE HERE IF YOU ARE AT ACEN. TRUST US. EXTRA SPECIAL SPARKLY FANCY TIMES. 18+ only please!

http://www.funimation.com/sully/blog/mi ... al/3169791

This event is not in the program guide. In its place is "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt English Dub World Premier" 3:30pm-4:30pm. No 18+ warning either.

Edit two weeks-ish later: Ack! I thought deleting my latest post would then allow me to post a new one fresh to bump this topic. Guess not. For the time being I'll just leave all this here then:

View Original Postdrinian wrote:The only way that the English dub isn't 18+ is if Funimation are massive trolls.

Turns out it was. But I encountered no panel. Just a premier. Too loud; had to leave.

Edit: Aaand I'm back. (Obviously. It's been nearly two weeks at this point.)

Everything important that happened at Acen happened during the first day. In it, I went to a Devil May Cry presentation, then the bondage seminar I mentioned.

The DMC panel was not only my first of this Acen, but my first ever. All these previous years, I'd gone to Acen but never bothered to actually attend any of the zillion panels that get put on. I kind of wonder if that was the right choice, because this panel, despite being quite popular (standing room only, at least at first), was not very well-run.

The biggest surprise, to me, was just how varied the people there were. They weren't all white males, and they weren't all 20-somethings. They mostly were, sure, but there was a sizeable number of women and black people. There was also a surprising number of hot women.

But even more surprising than that, the panel presenters were a middle-aged couple you'd expect to meet living across the street from you. The passion with which the wife (unless they were just friends) read the (needless) descriptions of the key cutscenes of each game made it clear that she was just as into the series as any of us were -- perhaps more so given that she was making a frickin' presentation about it. I am not kidding when I say that this middle-aged, overweight woman would have looked perfectly at home chaperoning middle-schoolers, and here she was presenting a panel on Devil May Cry.

Anyway, as for the bondage seminar, it was about Japanese rope bondage in particular. When I first walked in as part of the initial group who had been lined up outside, there were two screens set up which were playing a repeating slide show of hentai bondage pics -- including pics that I'm pretty sure could have been rape pics, and pics featuring girls who might have been lolita-types or at least of that general body type. And yet nothing was amiss about it. Hilariously enough, the presenter, while clearly at least in her 40s judging by her skin, was a petite little thing herself who could at least from a distance be mistaken for someone quite young.

The presenter was great. She started off the presentation by joking that she had to give a culture and history lesson first in order to be able to get away with saying that the presentation was "cultural" in nature to the convention organizers, but then after that we'd get to tying people up. She made effective use of caustic language and dirty jokes; when informing us of the risks of blood flow restriction and nerve compression in bondage, for example, she said "You know how your hand feels when you wake up in the morning and you've been sleeping on it? And then you jerk off with it real quick while it still feels like it's someone else's?" (Another favorite: "Some people like to use safe-words. Mine is 'Ow, that fucking hurts!'")

I learned neat things about bondage at that seminar -- more than just how to tie a few knots. Before the seminar, my impression of bondage play was that everything goes on like a play until someone shouts the safe-word and puts a stop to the whole show. I learned, instead, that bondage play involves constant communication and corrections, and that you don't have to stop everything just because one little thing went wrong; she stressed that if something is too tight or whatever, just say so, and then once it's been fixed you can continue on.

I did also learn how to tie a few knots. We were all sitting like kindergarteners on the floor around the presenter as she showed us how, then we practiced on each other. I didn't have a partner, but there was a cute geeky couple sitting next to me (caucasian male, nerdy asian girl) so I petitioned them. The guy was between us so we (the girl and I) shared him: I would tie up his right wrist while she would tie up his left. When it came to the ties that required two limbs, we would take turns with his hands (and by then there was plenty of time between lessons because everyone else had a lot of trouble with them for some reason), although I think I recall one time when the girl offered me her feet, unless that was the guy too -- amazingly I can't remember.

The last knot before time ran out was a way to hog-tie someone. I decided to just watch as the guy tied up the girl, and then she rolled around cutely on the floor with a big smile on her face, enjoying it all more than I thought I'd ever see a woman enjoy playing the role of a rape victim.

Other than that, I never made it to any more events at Acen other than some of the aforementioned P&Sw/G premier. None of them really appealed to me. There was one that kinda appealed to me, but on my way there I saw that a fire alarm had been pulled, evacuating the building, so I said screw it and returned to the hotel room.
Last edited by Monk Ed on Thu May 10, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
System Administrator

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:22 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Are sure you went to an anime con and not a swingers' club?
What do you expect when those people make a hobby of watching violent tentacle sex cartoons?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Well by god, man, keep us updated on the Panty & Stocking panel, whatever it's called!!
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:05 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:This event is not in the program guide. In its place is "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt English Dub World Premier" 3:30pm-4:30pm. No 18+ warning either.

The only way that the English dub isn't 18+ is if Funimation are massive trolls.
[Became an administrator on July 1st, 2006.]

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu May 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Anime Central 2013 starts tomorrow, and I'm going as I have every year for a while now.

Anybody else?
System Administrator

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri May 17, 2013 8:58 am

I wish. :(

Have fun, and say hi to Carl Horn and Taliesin Jaffe for me if you see them.

I don't know if he'll be there, but if you run into Matt Greenfield, ask him if Live Action Evangelion is still a real thing. :uhh:

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:35 am

LAEM? Do you really want to go there? :huh:
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Return to “Anime and Manga”