Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

The worst protagonist

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:13 pm

So yes, this is about the anime protagonists that you can't stand. The one that comes to my mind the most of Ouri from Shikabane hime. Man, this guy was such a bland little pissant, his presence alone ruinsed the whole series.

Of course I'm sure there are worst protagonists, but those are usually relegated to series that I don't like at all and will try my best to avoid watching whatsoever.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Shoe

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Kira Yamato.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Shinn Asuka
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN or Raki from Claymore. Really don't understand how either of them made any part of the show or narrative better. Claymore was ok despite Raki, because there was a lot of focus on the other characters, but Tsukasa was the main focus of .hack which made the show (with no help from the ending) terrible.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Naruto. He was lovable arrogant brat with a big dream who has been turned into a Jesus ninja that talks his opponents into submission and chases after his boyfriend endlessly.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:20 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Naruto. He was lovable arrogant brat with a big dream who has been turned into a Jesus ninja that talks his opponents into submission and chases after his boyfriend endlessly.

:lol: Jesus ninja.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:37 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Naruto. He was lovable arrogant brat with a big dream who has been turned into a Jesus ninja that talks his opponents into submission and chases after his boyfriend endlessly.

:rofl: it's so true.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:47 pm

I usually drop the series fast if I don't get on with the primary cast; so any characters here are only occasionally in need of a quiet talking to with the clue bat:

Shinkurou Kurenai - for walking into the obvious trap that required an idiot plot to work; and then not kicking ass and taking names with his magic doo-dad to protect the loli.

Manami and Ayaka from Crystal Blaze - for advancing the plot through ditziness

Caro and Erio from Nanoha StrikerS - for bloating the cast with gratuitous loli and shota token heterosexuals.

Shuji from Saikano - for everything

Haruhi Suzumiya escapes for being a force of nature and not a protag.

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Raki from Claymore
I wouldn't have called him a protagonist, more "that annoying side-kick" (and a possible self-insert niche for the younger reader); but otherwise, so much this. One of the few characters who Shinji could mentor in life lessons.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:12 pm

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:That's my list.

You're an awful person. I hope you get hit by a truck.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:29 pm

*slow clap*

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Welp guys, time to pack things up
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby ONIAgent150 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:08 am

8. Seita (Grave of the Fireflies) - Also, nice job letting your sister starve to death because you were too much of a slacker to get a job and too stuck up to stay with your aunt.

THANK YOU. The sympathy for him I felt decreased as the movie went on.

As for the three listings of Shinji, I think you're right on all counts, but that's why I can stand him. He's just a broken little boy and I think he makes the choices that are realistic for his character.

Also: Can I say that I cannot stand Takashi in Highschool of the Dead? Misogynistic jerk that he is.
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:09 am

I love you too, Seele.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:10 am

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:But there isn't even a single girl in this series

1. Shinji (End of Evangelion)
I purposefully omitted movies and one-shot OVAs from my list :D
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:22 am

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:8. Seita (Grave of the Fireflies) - So it's a rough time in a country losing a war? Cool story, bro. Also, nice job letting your sister starve to death because you were too much of a slacker to get a job and too stuck up to stay with your aunt.

Which was the point, really. Grave of the Fireflies is first and foremost about the perils of pride and was what the original author felt so guilty about.

as for the topic, while he isn't all time worst in current situation a special price must be given for Shu, sorry, Shoe of Guilty Crown fame

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:08 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:18 am

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:8. Seita (Grave of the Fireflies) - So it's a rough time in a country losing a war? Cool story, bro. Also, nice job letting your sister starve to death because you were too much of a slacker to get a job and too stuck up to stay with your aunt.

This is why that movie is pointless for me. People paint it as a war film about the evils of war, when it's actually a film about an orphan having too much pride to be in a submissive role, and for his stupidity, he loses someone for it.

I find it hard to sympathize with the character, and thus the movie fails to immerse me.

View Original PostSeele00TextOnly wrote:2. Shinji (Rebuild of Evangelion) - Okay, take everything about him in the show that was stupid as fuck and crank it up to 11. He's got even more hot babes around him being even more obvious that they need his manlove, yet he's even more obsessed with his dad who understandably is so sick of his shit that he had to send him away and keep him out of his sight for 10 years. Showing someone run away 50 times in a 20 episodes or whatever is one thing, but doing the same thing in 2 movies? Seriously, there's no excuse. And at the end he almost destroys the world while crying about how he's gonna save his mom. You are fail.

What's stupid about Shinji in the show:
a) Whines constantly
b) Puts up barriers when it comes to girls

What that cranked up to 11 would be:
a) Whines so much, that his present time whining breaks the time barrier, overlapping with his future whining
b) Has a phobia of girls where he shuts down and spasms on the floor when he gets near one

What rebuild is:
a) He doesn't give a damn. That doesn't matter. IT DOESN'T MATTER he said.
b) Approaches Rei and destroys the world while burning his skin off to save Rei

I know you're joking, but Rebuild should be #3 in that list while Eva-TV should be #2.
In and of itself, self-evident.

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Tōma Kamijō from Index makes my stomach turn like it's a washing machine, I just want to strangle the guy. Fucking Mary Sue.

Return to “Anime and Manga”