Why do we hate Angelic Days Again?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:44 am

View Original PostONIAgent150 wrote:On the other hand, Angelic Days is still a touch darker than Shinji Ikari Raising Project. At least Gendo is still Gendo in Angelic Days.

I don't understand if it's supposed to be a positive point, recently I talked about ISIK with people who disliked it significantly yet they admitted that Gendo is one of the few decent ideas found in that manga.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby ONIAgent150 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:17 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I don't understand if it's supposed to be a positive point, recently I talked about ISIK with people who disliked it significantly yet they admitted that Gendo is one of the few decent ideas found in that manga.

Wasn't a value judgement, just an observation. I love hypercompetative helicopter dad Gendo. But I also love Gendo. They're both great characters, just different.
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

SJCrew
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SJCrew » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:37 am

I remember sort of liking this manga. Rei gets the short end of the straw as usual.

But what in the hell happened to Kensuke? He just falls unconscious and is never seen or heard from again.

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby ONIAgent150 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:55 am

View Original PostSJCrew wrote:I remember sort of liking this manga. Rei gets the short end of the straw as usual.

But what in the hell happened to Kensuke? He just falls unconscious and is never seen or heard from again.

Such is the lot of Kensuke. Eternally confined to the edges of story he wants to be the center of. Thus it is in all the Evangelion interpretations I have come across. Poor guy.

SJCrew
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby SJCrew » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:56 pm

So there really is no justifiable explanation for that? Just as I thought all along. Poor kid.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:03 pm

View Original PostSJCrew wrote:So there really is no justifiable explanation for that? Just as I thought all along. Poor kid.

He's a lame otaku. What do you expect?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby ONIAgent150 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:06 pm

Sorry, my friend. Though Angelic Days did make me realize something: we all hope we never have to be like Shinji, but what we all fear is that we're really just like Kensuke. Weak, afraid, and destined to be eternally sidelined.

What I REALLY don't understand is how Kaworu was able to knock Kensuke out. Kaworu is somewhere around, like, ninety pounds. I'm suprised he could even hit Kensuke without braking something! :grin:

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:02 am

View Original PostONIAgent150 wrote:What I REALLY don't understand is how Kaworu was able to knock Kensuke out. Kaworu is somewhere around, like, ninety pounds. I'm suprised he could even hit Kensuke without braking something! :grin:

It was probably because of this.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:21 am

On the other hand, Angelic Days is still a touch darker than Shinji Ikari Raising Project. At least Gendo is still Gendo in Angelic Days.

That's one of the problems I had with this. This is supposed to take place in that alternate universe from the final ep supposedly, but it kept on throwing in elements from canon eva, like evangelions or Gendo being Gendo, which he wasn't in that alternate universe.

This manga missed the whole point of that alternate universe in the way it did things here.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby ONIAgent150 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:37 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote:That's one of the problems I had with this. This is supposed to take place in that alternate universe from the final ep supposedly, but it kept on throwing in elements from canon eva, like evangelions or Gendo being Gendo, which he wasn't in that alternate universe.

This manga missed the whole point of that alternate universe in the way it did things here.

Which is a perfectly legitimate complaint. It is super disconcerting to see them in the story after cooking accidents and mild fevers were the biggest challenges before.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:44 am

View Original PostONIAgent150 wrote:Such is the lot of Kensuke. Eternally confined to the edges of story he wants to be the center of. Thus it is in all the Evangelion interpretations I have come across. Poor guy.

I feel for him.

Was a Kensuke fan before anything else, but now I find myself drawn towards Gendo and Kaworu
Leave Shinji alone

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:40 am

Kensuke's a putz. Anyone who can't grasp the notion of why piloting Eva is a bad thing (and this after seeing what it did to both Rei and Shinji, no less) deserves to get left behind.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:56 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:He's a lame otaku. What do you expect?

Otakon from Metal Gear Solid is a lame otaku (self admittedly), and although he isn't that much of a side character, he doesn't really do that much either. Yet, in MGS4, he manages to basically save all the other main characters by hacking one of the most fragile systems ever created.

If that can happen, Kensuke, regardless of his inability of grasping the notion of why piloting the Eva is bad (In other words, lack of empathy. Hell, the closest thing he ever gives which we can barely call empathy is when he says he feels bad for Shinji, which is after he gets the crap beaten out of him. And even then, everyone except the aggressor would feel the exact same way), should get some sort of spotlight.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Sorry to do this on something so old but I didn't really enjoy it very much really and I hardly mind the artwork because I cant judge someones art that is better than mine. But honestly I didn't enjoy the story and the character's personalities at all. But it is safe to say that this was something that was thrown out there for all of the people who felt grim after watching the series and EOE.
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:22 am

EoTV AU is Shinji Ikari Raising Project. Or at least getting the feel and stuff of it right; IMO at least. My problem with Angelic Days is probably partly the same as Rj's. It felt like it couldnt make up its mind on what t wanted to be. Also the OTP dynamic/relationship between Shinji and Asuka felt forced/rushed. I might nag about SIRP's fanservice and such at times, but i like the slow pace. And it is what EoTV AU is what I felt it was meant to be; a harem romantic comedy. Though I do feel like it could use a bit more direction. Seeings as they have SEELE interloping sparingly and was the whole purpose of Kaworus existence apparently. But there is more of a build up and natural feel to the A/S/R dynamic. And hopefully if he ever does choose it will be handled better then Angelic Days was.
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:02 pm

TOPIC. This thread is about Angelic Days/Girlfriend of Steel 2 manga.

If you want to talk about Shinji Ikari Raising Project do it here: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/558953/Off-topic-Manga-AU-discussion-Shinji-Ikari-Raising-Project/
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”