YouTube Videos

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: YouTube Videos

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:29 pm

So I just found this:
https://youtu.be/lIF8VdoWKCk
Why the flying fuck wasn't this made into a series? I mean I'm biased because it appeals to me in every possible way but seriously, AMAZING, and probably really cheap to make too.

Also does anyone actually read through this thread? It feels like nobody actually does.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Rebeltaxi talked about it in his "Failed Cartoon Pilots" episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxVXfDX64Q4

I do occasionally, but there's usually nothing posted that I want to watch more than once.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:59 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Why the flying fuck wasn't this made into a series?

Cheap look, limited market, high risk of offending people with such stark references to child abuse?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:57 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Cheap look, limited market, high risk of offending people with such stark references to child abuse?

The cheap look only added to the overall atmosphere though, it wasn't airing on some kids channel anyway this was very clearly meant to be a late night thing, this was so very well done and the fact that it was just left because MTV is just....ugh.
It probably would have become something of a cult classic had it continued with that level of quality.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUpNCli60tE

Paul Dini, one of the Co-creators of the DCAU and a writer on the Arkham Asylum series of video games, talks about the night he was assaulted back when he was working on Batman The Animated series and how it changed his life.

I don't want to say anything, because you should watch it. It's just raw and passionate, and above all else honest. He's someone who didnt let trauma turn him into a monster, he rose above it. Not unlike the character he's best known for writing.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:40 pm

/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:34 am

So, I kind of got really hooked on Kaizo Trap the other day.

It's about a woman whose boyfriend/husband gets sucked into a Nintendo and she has to venture into the game world to rescue him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIES3ii-IOg

At first, I thought it was just a cool video, but then I found out that it was actually an ARG with multiple paths and with cryptography mixed in to find all the multiple paths and endings. Pretty cool stuff, pretty creative.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:26 pm

Digibros hilarious and angry rant about how Anime is getting worse and isn't being as subversive as it pretends to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzocnfLccs8

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:34 am

^ Thank God for rants like that one.

And, yes. Hideaki Anno and Hayao Miyazaki did indeed solve the redundancy of anime, and the only filmmakers to take that freedom and run with it were the late Satoshi Kon and Mamoru Hosoda. Maybe there are a few others here and there (Shirobako comes to mind, but I haven't finished it yet so it might just end up being the same thing all over again), but they're all buried under terrible, horrible things.

(I haven't seen much of Kunihiko Ikuhara's works yet. I started Utena sometime ago and it really got me interested in it. I can't wait for that series to come out on Blu-ray in the US sometime this year. He seems to be going down a different direction with tropes and characters.)

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:36 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:^ Thank God for rants like that one.

And, yes. Hideaki Anno and Hayao Miyazaki did indeed solve the redundancy of anime, and the only filmmakers to take that freedom and run with it were the late Satoshi Kon and Mamoru Hosoda. Maybe there are a few others here and there (Shirobako comes to mind, but I haven't finished it yet so it might just end up being the same thing all over again), but they're all buried under terrible, horrible things.

(I haven't seen much of Kunihiko Ikuhara's works yet. I started Utena sometime ago and it really got me interested in it. I can't wait for that series to come out on Blu-ray in the US sometime this year. He seems to be going down a different direction with tropes and characters.)

Well the thing with Ikuhara is he made Utena........and then kept making Utena under different names.
An exaggeration mind but I cant think of a single Ikuhara show I have watched that does not tie in to female sexuality and maturity in some way or another yet.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:04 am

^ I see. Though, a friend of mine showed me this clip from Yurikuma Arashi, and I might at least have to watch that one as well after finishing Utena. We'll see how deep down the rabbit hole I actually go after Utena.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:59 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Anime ... isn't being as subversive as it pretends to be.
I must have missed the memo that it was supposed to be subversive.

§ 

4D videogame
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:29 pm

It's not that they're supposed to be ironic, it's just insufferable to watch them pretending to be when they're obviously not doing it right.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:27 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:Well the thing with Ikuhara is he made Utena........and then kept making Utena under different names.
An exaggeration mind but I cant think of a single Ikuhara show I have watched that does not tie in to female sexuality and maturity in some way or another yet.

I fail to see how this is a problem, honestly.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:55 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I fail to see how this is a problem, honestly.

It isnt, just needed to point that out.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:02 am

Ben Affleck is depressed over bad BVS criticism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:00 pm

https://youtu.be/DwlpQBFe95s

In Mexico, crucifixion reenactment goes awry.

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cR6Xa6fEAg

A 7 min trailer about avenger civil war. Pretty cool . It shows how all the mcu and tv shows lead to the movie.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:03 am

"The Mountain" from Game Of Thrones, releases his own brand of Sparkling water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PtOAnZxB8s

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:29 am

As a commenter said, the Joke's on them; this was awesome. :peace:

DargonBallz Abridged MOVIE: BROLLY - TeamFourStar
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Return to “Film and Video”