Funniest moments in Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:20 am

Well, one time that I saw it I curled into a ball and just stayed there like that for about 2 or 3 hours. My friends just stayed in my room and watched me making sure I didn't go and kill myself. That was fun. My friends told me that I was saying something weird... I think it was "Please don't let me die" or something like Asuka said "I don't want to die."

Yeah, I don't really remember that well. But there are many points while watching Eva that I basically blacked out... I had no recollection of things that happened.

I have to admit, it's funnier than shit looking back at it now. Especially since I can trace a lot of problems back to it >.>

And almost any scene PenPen was in was either awesome to the max, or funny. I think he should take stand up commedy or something like that...

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:17 am

Mr. Tines wrote:
superdoughboy4 wrote:Please define this Toothpick scene ya'll are talking about.

It's in episode 2 - just after Shinji first meets Pen^2 (cut 155)

When Misato picks up her beer, his modesty is preserved by a box of toothpicks.

Oh. That scene.
That was pretty funny at first.
Pen² just walked off... LoL

Takumi Fujiwara
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Takumi Fujiwara » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:44 pm

Eternal Yamcha wrote:Well, one time that I saw it I curled into a ball and just stayed there like that for about 2 or 3 hours. My friends just stayed in my room and watched me making sure I didn't go and kill myself. That was fun. My friends told me that I was saying something weird... I think it was "Please don't let me die" or something like Asuka said "I don't want to die."

Yeah, I don't really remember that well. But there are many points while watching Eva that I basically blacked out... I had no recollection of things that happened.

One time whilst watching EoE I began screaming like Shinji and was unable to control myself. This was during GNR and the harpies...
PROJECT D
The AE-86 is on the Road, All's right with the world.

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:39 pm

When I start to cry [:oops:] while Misato is dying and Asuka is fighting, I cry as Shinji, I feel the hurt as Misato, and when Sohruyuu is impaled in the face, I start to scream silently because it hurt too much watching Sohruyuu scream. I also have my hand to my face grasping it as hard as I can.
It just feels as if I am part of the characters.
It's got a strange aura to it, that just makes me want to go crazy.

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:48 am

everytime an evangelion arm/head/leg/or something was
thrown of it's body I was feeling like it was Asuka's or Shinji's or Rei's or toji's
(well, for toji I was really sorry..) during EoE (I have it in bad quality, really bad) I was in shock, I guess you understand me :wink: [/b]
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:37 pm

superdoughboy4 wrote:When I start to cry [:oops:] while Misato is dying and Asuka is fighting.

Ahahaha. I cried. The first time I saw it, i was on the phone and it had no sound, so I had no idea what was going on. I started banging the phone on the desk and screaming till it almost broke. Ahahaha.

We all deal with sadness in different ways. Me? I laugh like an idiot or get angry.

So. I did both watching EoE \o/

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:54 pm

Yes.
Everyone reacts differently at a section of something, when they just have to show emotions or something.

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:31 pm

oh, and let's not forget eva-02's brilliant strategy of catching a missile...
with her face.
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:54 pm

That was kinda funny.
But no when watching it.
I'm just shaking psychotically when I watch EVA Unit-02.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:05 am

Please sir, may I have a nite in the middle....?

http://db.cs.helsinki.fi/~hmaksima/lilith.eu.org/NGE_-_Group_shinji,_asuka_and_misato.jpg
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

klanco
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby klanco » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:32 am

in EOE, when Rei betrays gendo, and he starts screaming: Rei! Rei! (in Japanese)

the first time I saw the movie, it was kinda serius moment, but then, when I see that part again, I started to laugh... then I spent the entire day screaming Rei!!! Rei!!!!, the entire day??? im still screaming, everytime I can...thats my funniest moment of eva

Heidroch
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:43 pm

I thought the episode 1 scene when Misato first drives off with Shinji was hilarious, but only because of a thought that came to me as I was watching through the series the second time:

What if someone were to make an adaption of this episode- Introduction theme, the angel attacking and so on... Where it would change is when Misato picks up Shinji. Remember how Sachiel nearly stomps on the car as they drive off?

Well, what if someone changed it so that Sachiel actually crushes the car with Misato and Shinji in it, and then it suddenly cuts to the ending credits of EoE?

It's a thought that's been making me chuckle. :lol:

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:30 pm

Titus wrote:Please sir, may I have a nite in the middle....?

http://db.cs.helsinki.fi/~hmaksima/lilith.eu.org/NGE_-_Group_shinji,_asuka_and_misato.jpg

What's Katsuragi doing with a Walkman?

Heidroch wrote:I thought the episode 1 scene when Misato first drives off with Shinji was hilarious, but only because of a thought that came to me as I was watching through the series the second time:

What if someone were to make an adaption of this episode- Introduction theme, the angel attacking and so on... Where it would change is when Misato picks up Shinji. Remember how Sachiel nearly stomps on the car as they drive off?

Well, what if someone changed it so that Sachiel actually crushes the car with Misato and Shinji in it, and then it suddenly cuts to the ending credits of EoE?

It's a thought that's been making me chuckle. :lol:

That'd be a pretty funny spoof.

One part in Episode 1: Angel Attack, that I thought was funny, was when Shinji told Misato that she also, was a child, and he thought she'd be more mature.
Than she starts swerving and everything into the tunnel.
That was pretty funny.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:43 pm

superdoughboy4 wrote:
Titus wrote:Please sir, may I have a nite in the middle....?

What's Katsuragi doing with a Walkman?

Mi-chan is being "wild in bed" while the two Children are getting into synch together (like this).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:45 pm

Ooh.
That's Asuka.
My bad...
Seemed a little like Katsuragi at first.
But now I notice Shinji and Sohruyuu is on different sides of the room.

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:03 pm

klanco wrote:in EOE, when Rei betrays gendo, and he starts screaming: Rei! Rei! (in Japanese)

the first time I saw the movie, it was kinda serius moment, but then, when I see that part again, I started to laugh... then I spent the entire day screaming Rei!!! Rei!!!!, the entire day??? im still screaming, everytime I can...thats my funniest moment of eva

NO, THE ONE WHERE HE LIKE, RESCUES Rei F ROM THE ENTRY PLUG!

WHERE HE DROPS HIS GLASSES.

He's all like, "REEIII!!! REIII!!" but I think it sounds more like"blei! blei!" 'cause of the accented R's. Sachiel and I do that all the time.

"BLEEEII!BLEEII!"

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:39 pm

I can't really laugh in any of the scenes anymore, that is.
I loved the scene when Sohruyuu first moves in, and she tells Shinji to move his stuff out.
Than he notices all his stuff in 1 box and he makes that funny, droopy face, as he straggles to his belongings.
It was pretty hilarious.

klanco
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby klanco » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:45 am

gendo, he makes me laugh, and that guy with the big nose in seele, yes, the frenchy

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:21 am

are you sure? it sounds more like "day! day!" to me.
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:38 am

superdoughboy4 wrote:When I start to cry [:oops:] while Misato is dying and Asuka is fighting, I cry as Shinji, I feel the hurt as Misato, and when Sohruyuu is impaled in the face, I start to scream silently because it hurt too much watching Sohruyuu scream.

I was on the edge of my seat when that happened....

I was like(Yeah, kill em baby....; huuuraaaaaaaaaghhhh!)

Misato died, didn't feel anything....

Most of the time i sat there thinking to myself stupid fucking loser whilst watching Shinji just sitting there whilst the REAL hero fought to try and make a differance.
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”