FML General Thread [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

FML General Thread [2]

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:33 pm

View Original PostDirty Mick wrote:All your grief will pass on soon to another thread.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:39 pm

I have shit to finish on my course and it's now December, fml, I really am a procrastinating bastard with no drive. Oh well.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Azathoth wrote:It's in the Revan book, which is in turn corroborated by TOR. They accept the existence of a Jedi Exile and a Darth Traya. everything else though? straight-up, fuck-you handwaved. Nihilus and Sion? not even referred to except as "followers of Traya". all that "wound in the force" stuff? pff so what if it was the entire point of the game, nobody played that one anyway, right? handwaved. Exile even gets a canon name, which by itself is a Han-shoots-first level idiocy. but hey, if it sells, right?

It's not like anyone really knew Nihilus and Sion by name, and those that did kind of got owned in the course of TSL's storyline. I could say the same about the 'wound in the force', and since that entire bit is essential to the Exile's character and essential to the Jedi Council's drive at that point in time, I find it an odd choice they would choose to leave it out.

I do not approve of the Exile recieving a canon name. It sounds as bad as Jaden Korr being written into the NJO series.

Azathoth wrote:Let's face it though, this was always going to happen, the instant you start questioning SW's joke morality you get kicked in the dick even within the fandom. there was no chance it would be allowed to stand in official canon. What's that, it just happened to be the best-written work in the history of the franchise? tough shit lol

It could just be that they don't want to give too much focus to TSL right now... since it is an Obsidian game... but again, this would be an odd choice considering that the entire premise of The Old Republic is lifted from the TSL story point that Revan and Malak were posers and the real Sith were somewhere else in the galaxy and giving off this vibe of "Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble."
Voluntary Illusion.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:40 am

This really got me boiling for more than half a day now.

No thanks to brother-in-law's anal retentive tendencies, especially him being obsessed with the cleanliness of his bedroom (goddamn he hates dust and dust balls, when the fucking room itself is a bitch to organize and clean, along with the lack of extra storage for the crap they have inside), the maid quit on the spot. That's right, QUIT.

Now I'll have to handle all of the shit again. What a way to go, anal-retentive motherfucker.

@Aiwa: I intend that the FML thread should be reserved for bigger routine-shitting issues, not the trivial, everyday, minor glitches in everyone's lives. Yes, that includes you.

@To someone who just got roused out of the woods, and I feel like belting him a hard one in the face: Vaffanculo a Lei, la sua moglie, e' la sua madre. Lei e' un cafone stronzo. Vada via in culo!
Last edited by soul.assassin on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:04 am

RML thread: 41 pages
FML thread: Second thread
:lol:

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Well it is Evageeks. :smirk:

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Aaargh. I've been trying to source the movie Hong Kong Nocturne for three months and still no luck. :(
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:09 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Well it is Evageeks. :smirk:

Has nothing to do with that, all you need to do is look at the average age of all the people who post in that thread 20 times a day and all the trivial things they complain about.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:14 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Has nothing to do with that

I was joking. (:|

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:51 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote: @Aiwa: I intend that the FML thread should be reserved for bigger routine-shitting issues, not the trivial, everyday, minor glitches in everyone's lives. Yes, that includes you.

So child abuse, gender issues, and hate groups are “trivial, everyday, minor glitches”? Also, when the hell were you put in charge of the thread? You're not the OP; that's Xard, so how could you “intend” for this thread to be anything? You're not a mod, so you can't just bark out orders to people. Also, using italics to emphasise the personal insult you inserted, doesn't make you look clever, it makes you look like a prick.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:52 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:RML thread: 41 pages
FML thread: Second thread
:lol:

There's no news like bad news.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:59 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:@Aiwa: I intend that the FML thread should be reserved for bigger routine-shitting issues, not the trivial, everyday, minor glitches in everyone's lives. .

We got shrinks for that.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:10 pm

Why am I doing science at bloody university when my speciality is politics economics and history?
I feel old

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:34 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:So child abuse, gender issues, and hate groups are “trivial, everyday, minor glitches”? Also, when the hell were you put in charge of the thread? You're not the OP; that's Xard, so how could you “intend” for this thread to be anything? You're not a mod, so you can't just bark out orders to people. Also, using italics to emphasise the personal insult you inserted, doesn't make you look clever, it makes you look like a prick.

And you're a Krispy Kreme. Look, I don't have to list ad nauseum about how much little easy-to-deal-with fuck-ups I have to face with on a daily basis, and considering how totally fucked this week is for me IRL, you don't dick with me in this state.

Oh, I love those three little words that makes one grow up: DEAL WITH IT.
Last edited by soul.assassin on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:43 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:DEAL WITH IT.

I second this with the force of a thousand suns.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:06 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:And you're a Krispy Kreme. Look, I don't have to list ad nauseum about how much little easy-to-deal-with fuck-ups I have to face with on a daily basis, and considering how totally fucked this week is for me IRL, you don't dick with me in this state.

Oh, I love those three little words that makes one grow up: DEAL WITH IT.

Most of what's in this thread can be described as “easy-to-deal-with fuck-ups”, Aiko's post are no exception to the rule. Telling me to deal with it and grow up is kind of funny, considering you need to as well. If your really going to bitch about someone not posting what you want them to post, isn't that immature? Just deal with the fact that people are going to post about their misfortunes in an FML thread, even if you think that people shouldn't post something as minor as their abusive father, or that a hate group is going to be at their school, or that they were jumped by someone due to being a minority, which most people would consider a hate crime.

And if you don't want me to dick with you, then don't dick with my friends. Got it?
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:16 pm

People are arguing on the internet.

FML.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:18 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:People are arguing on the internet.

FML.

But arguments and debates are fun.

But this is the wrong place to do that, can we stop with the argument on here?

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:05 am

@ TehDonutKing and soul.assassin, ENOUGH.

And FML again because I have to say TOPIC BITCHES again in the FML thread.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:54 am

That's it, mate. I'll only read this from now on.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”