New Evangelion Characters? [Eva Store Wall]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 am

I'm pretty damn positive 3.0 is going to open with a flashback of Yui being absorbed into Evangelion Unit 01 back in the day.

Aye, either that or some sort of scene happening inside Asuka's head either while shes still in that medical equipment or dreaming/daydreaming afterwards.

Saying that im willing to put money on 3.0 linking scenes from past to present - themes along the lines of 'sins of the father...' and such.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:14 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Keele, young ritsuko, yui,

I don't want to be a party pooper, but the hair on that silhouette is totally un-Yui like. And we were already shown an image of Rebuild!Yui during Gendo's flashbcak: she looks mostly the same she looked in the series.

young gendo, young fuyu

How young are we talking here? Cause those shadows are consideralby shorter then they are now. When Gehirn, or whatever it is in this continuity, started moving both Gendo and Fuyu were developed men. Did Fuyutski had a growth spurt at sixty? Or are we flashing back to their high school days? What the hell happened to Fuyu in high school? Second Impact was still decades away.

And man, do these people know their fandom or what? A two page thread about mostly nothing. Are we really this easy?
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Asuka and Mari in the same pose right next to eachother... sisters theory, resume your engines!

Also the girl standing next to Kaworu has the two dangling ends of a tied piece of clothing near her neck, in a way similar to the Maya and 'young Ritsuko' ones have on their arms. Dunno if that's a connection or what.

And if everyone is wearing the merch the store is going to be selling, I guess they'll be selling plugsuits or skintight bodysuits of some type because Asuka, Mari, and Rei's silhouettes don't look like those of one wearing normal clothes...

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm pretty sure I see Renton from E7, the pointy haired boss from GitS: 2nd Gig, and one of the guys from Gorillaz in there. Maybe Anno decided to import them because Mari didn't change Eva enough yet?

Meanwhile, Rei seems to be withering away to nothing. Shinji needs to get some more soup in her, before her upper body completely separates from her legs. :gasp:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:54 pm

Looking at the silhouettes image, I think it is alternate costumes/ages of the characters we know. OR if there's anybody new, it will hopefully be similar to Mari's Eva-05 battle where the audience sees a bunch of new background character Nerv staff for a few scenes before they're never seen again. In this case, maybe it would be new background character Nerv/Seele/JSSDF staff since Nerv IS under lockdown, if that 1st 3.0 preview still holds water as much as the 2nd 15-second preview does.

Does anybody else think as time goes on we'll get a color/non-silhouette version of this image? It would be pretty hilarious if it's just the cast at alternate ages wearing Eva Store style clothes...Merchandising and Product Placement in 3.0 will have truly gone meta! :lol: (Joking. While I could see this image being half promotional-material for 3.0 and half-promo material for Eva Store, I don't think Studio Khara would go THAT meta on us with clothing in the 3.0 film.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:39 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:I don't want to be a party pooper, but the hair on that silhouette is totally un-Yui like. And we were already shown an image of Rebuild!Yui during Gendo's flashbcak: she looks mostly the same she looked in the series.

She could be wearing dangly earring. Yes, that is all ive got :D

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:How young are we talking here? Cause those shadows are consideralby shorter then they are now. When Gehirn, or whatever it is in this continuity, started moving both Gendo and Fuyu were developed men. Did Fuyutski had a growth spurt at sixty? Or are we flashing back to their high school days? What the hell happened to Fuyu in high school? Second Impact was still decades away.

All i know is the hair looks like Episode 21 young gendo and indeed looks like a slightly larger version of Shinji.

We're assuming here events will be roughly the same and occur the same amount of time ago as NGE. Theres nothing to show the origins of NERV are the same. Gehirn hasnt been mentioned for one.

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:And man, do these people know their fandom or what? A two page thread about mostly nothing. Are we really this easy?

I dunno what to tell you, its fun to speculate :D

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:41 pm

Crunchy Roll translated some of the Minna No Eva Fan post speculation: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2011/11/23-1/new-evangelion-30-characters-revealed?

Nothing we didn't discuss already but fun to read. Though it and the Minna No Eva Fan post mentions--that maybe this Harajuku Eva Store will be the base for 3.0-related news.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:45 pm

The caped girl tentatively labelled as Misato in that post -- the double-bun hairdo doesn't look like her. My subconscious is saying probably one of the girls out of Gintama whose picture I've seen on /a/.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Yeah, if anybody's Misato I'd say it's the young girl(? Second Impact Misato, like SaltyJoe thought?) next to Kaworu. She's wearing a beret and scarf. (Come to think of it, Misato hasn't worn her Nerv beret in NME like in the series, has she?)

I agree that regarding Ritsuko, the person labelled as such isn't her either. Ritsuko (though young. High School Ritsuko?) would probably be the young character with the armband that Maya has, as speculated before.

The man and woman behind "young Ritsuko" make me wonder if they could possibly be Langley and Asuka's stepmother (or Kyoko)--assuming Asuka's backstory is the same. (Kind of doubt it considering Shikinami has such a different personality from Soryu.) Or, possibly Mari's parents.

Or hell, maybe it's a rather tall Kiel. Or some folks from Bethany Base after all. Or, Tabgha Base. (Do they arrive from the Moon on Eva-turned-transport vehicles? :lol: )

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:31 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote: (Come to think of it, Misato hasn't worn her Nerv beret in NME like in the series, has she?)

True, good observation. Maybe she'll rock that style next movie, who knows.

I really have no idea about who the characters might be, I see more of Resident Evil figures in my mind for some reason though.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Bigger harem incoming.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:11 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The caped girl tentatively labelled as Misato in that post -- the double-bun hairdo doesn't look like her. My subconscious is saying probably one of the girls out of Gintama whose picture I've seen on /a/.

My immediate thought was the 'hairdo' was a hat. Specifically one of these:

's called an ushanka apparently

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:24 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The caped girl tentatively labelled as Misato in that post -- the double-bun hairdo doesn't look like her. My subconscious is saying probably one of the girls out of Gintama whose picture I've seen on /a/.

Do you mean kagura?
------

I think it's most likely the flashback theory. Though the girl on kaworu's shoulder still has me guessing. I think the one on the farthest left might be keel.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

BulletSaint
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BulletSaint » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:27 pm

I'm not so sure it's strictly Evangelion and maybe it's just a Gainax themed. The girl on the very far left reminds me of Nadia.
I'll fill something out later.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm going with the 'Flashback cast' idea. 3.0 is supposed to be about the past (IIRC). That or they're resigned characters from the numerous spin offs, which considering Kaworu seems to be based off of his SRW incarnation wouldn't shock me.

[s:2h3q1ixs]Except for the one at the very end of the left. That's Samuel L. Jackson. Who's tired of these motherfuckin' Angels, in this motherfuckin' Japan.[/s:2h3q1ixs]
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:33 pm

well if it ends up being a flashback, it could be yui explaing things to Shinji and Rei while they are trapped (they have to pass the time some how)
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Some time on my hands thanks to upcoming Turkey Day.

I thought some more about who might be who. Sorry it's not so pretty with the text alignment.

Here ya go:

What do you all think?

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:47 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Some time on my hands thanks to upcoming Turkey Day.

I thought some more about who might be who. Sorry it's not so pretty with the text alignment.

Here ya go:

What do you all think?

Hum.
It'd make sense I suppose; I'd say you have the young-Kaji and Ritsuko down right, now the others are just wild bets obviously.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:59 pm

I suppose it's possible one of the characters (eg: the guy that I think is Langley) could be Kiel but he seems pretty short in official height charts so I doubt it. (Unless he's somehow taller in NME.) I don't believe Kiel has been shown proper in 2.0 but his name was mentioned at least (properly in the credits).

(I thought there was a cast height chart for NME, but I don't see it anywhere... I know that Shinji and the other pilots are around the same height. Compared to NGE where Shinji is a little shorter than Asuka.)

Now wouldn't it be funny (suck majorly) if these mysterious characters ARE simply Gainax characters for some Eva Store promotional thing instead of anything related to 3.0!

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:04 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:
Now wouldn't it be funny (suck majorly) if these mysterious characters ARE simply Gainax characters for some Eva Store promotional thing instead of anything related to 3.0!

Well, never underestimate the fine art and power of trolling I suppose; still, Gainax is not Sunrise level99 yet, but they could be catching up.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”