New Evangelion Characters? [Eva Store Wall]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Evangelion
Embryo

New Evangelion Characters? [Eva Store Wall]

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:57 am

Hey guys! I don't know if this has been posted, but I found this image today.

Is it possible that more new characters might be introduced in Rebuild? I can identify most of the people in the picture, but there's a couple that seem new, unless they're characters from another anime or something.

What do you guys think? Here's the link were the I found the image: http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51840436.html
Last edited by Evangelion on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:06 am

Google renders the image caption as

Character silhouette silhouette mural behind the mysterious Eva store! What new characters?

That looks to me like it's Shinko standing between Kaworu and Rei.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:58 am

That's really interesting, and really mysterious!
So the seven at the right are clear. The group in the middle left seems to be the three bridge crew members. But who are the other people? Maybe some of the shadows could be younger versions of the older Eva characters? The shadow second from the far left looks like a young Ritsuko. Maybe Keel on the far left?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:01 am

I also feel that I ought to recognise the trio in the middle -- the figures with hat, cape and great-coat (reading r-to-l), and not as Eva characters.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Evangelion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:02 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I also feel that I ought to recognise the trio in the middle -- the figures with hat, cape and great-coat (reading r-to-l), and not as Eva characters.

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe they're from another show or something.
:chinscratch:

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:48 am

More speculation: http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-1401.html

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:17 am

^ Main points of the speculation:
- In the pic second from last - the pink silhouettes are those could not be identified with the current cast.
- The blogger kind of "forcibly match" Misato and Ritsuko in the middle, next to the bridge crew.
- One character seems to be a new pilot?
- Shinji is wearing short pants? Any significance? Hint of hospital stay?
- One mysterious figure wears the same armband was Maya. Same operator team?
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:26 am

More new characters? *sigh* Asuka did not get enough screentime in the last one now they may be introuducing more new characters, now I really hope Q and final are seperate (but not a two or three year gap seperate but 6 or 7 months)
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:48 am

I see this from the left as:
Possibly keele
new pilot? (certainly the same size as the other 'children'
Misato with a haircut?
dont know. Kensuke maybe?
hyuga
maya
aoba
dont know (ritsu? young gendo a la NGE ep 21?)
no idea
Another new pilot?
the rest are obvious

So Misato, ritsuko, toji, kensuke, hikari and Kaji are either not there or not immediately apparent. The -namis are all in their plugsuits, shinjis in something unusual for him and kaworu's in his smart casual NGE-garb not a plugsuit.

It would be unusual if this were rebuild characters sharing limelight with characters from other series - it would be usual to spread the principals of the show around the group rather than all being bunched to the right. And then it would be add to have the bridge bunnies and not at least Misato if not Ritsuko.

It would also be rather unprecedented to have more than one version of the same character in official stuff if that is young-gendo, young-ritsuko et al in there. Maybe 3.0 will be two stories, one in the 'present' of the series and one in the ep21-a-like past of the rebuild continuity, running concurrently.

Nivek
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nivek » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:05 am

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:More new characters? *sigh* Asuka did not get enough screentime in the last one now they may be introuducing more new characters, now I really hope Q and final are seperate (but not a two or three year gap seperate but 6 or 7 months)

As much as I like new characters, I have to agree with this. I know it's a movie so things are condensed but more time needs spent fleshing out current characters or at least their current iterations (Asuka Shikinami).
Where there is love, there are babies.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:23 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:41 am

in b4 the new characters-pilots (?) get killed like half the KOR in Code Geass, near the last episodes, who appeared for 4 brief seconds.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:43 am

Aaaand the ANN article.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-11-23/tokyo-evangelion-store-displays-unidentified-characters

I´m kind of hyped although some of those silhouettes just look like child or young adult versions of the older cast.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

My prediction for the new pilots (?) is that they will be like the drugies from Gundam seed and just show up to fight the main cast and have their back story very poorly explained and get killed towards the end (I'll lol if the M.P. evas wind up getting pilots)
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Brainman » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 am

The guy on the far left looks like one of the guys from the antarctica base in the beginning of 2.0. Which plays into my theory of Nerv Japan being taken over by leaders of foreign divisions if the silhouettes around him are his cohorts.
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 am

If any of those are Ritsuko, they ruined her hair.

Thats a thing, didn't Ritsy have a head injury as a result of the Bardiel incident? Maybe surgery was neccessary and then some re-styling.

Officially into fanwank territory now. :ritsuko_mug:

Which plays into my theory of Nerv Japan being taken over by leaders of foreign divisions if the silhouettes around him are his cohorts.

That is something that could be at least extrapolated by the early parts of the first 3.0 trailer.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:21 am

I sincerely hope that this is just our regular cast in some alternative versions, meaning new outfits or versions of different ages. Maybe the girl with the hat left of Kaworu is a young Misato? Maybe there are a few Rei clones amongst the silouettes (tres, quatro and cinquecento)? Perhaps a few parents (Dr K; Asuka's mom, etc.)? BTW, anyone see Yui?

If Khara decides to really throw in some relevant new characters into the mix, thereby either creating a cast of barely developed stubs, or padding out the movies in ways that would put Twilight to shame (but hey, it's more merchandise!), allow me to preemptively
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/doublefacepalmf.jpg/]Image[/URL]
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:35 am

BTW, anyone see Yui?

Second left, next to 'Keele'

Wait wait, ive got it:

Keele, young ritsuko, yui, YOUNG Kaji, bridge bunnies, young gendo, young fuyu, young Misato, present day cast.

And...and....the tie on the arm signifies the young ritsuko used to the same kind of job as maya does now. Kohai becoming sempai and all that.

Back of the net :D

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:39 am

Considering that 3.0 includes a backstory for the older characters, your theory makes sense.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 am

I'm pretty damn positive 3.0 is going to open with a flashback of Yui being absorbed into Evangelion Unit 01 back in the day. If that does happen it could explain some of the silhouettes as younger versions of the characters.

Of course there is no baby Shinji so that could poke holes in my theory.

Anywho, it's nice SOMETHING is finally going on with 3.0

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”