What anime are you watching right now? Sep2011-May2012

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Alastor » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:46 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Saw the first 5 episodes of Gundam SEED because the currently airing HD Remaster(eh), it's rampant popularity in newtype character polls and /m/'s hate (love?) made me really interested in it.

Well, this show took a SHARP nosedive after episode 4.
And it is supposed to get even worse :S
It's not unwatchable or anything, but it's just... not very good.
First 3 episodes were decent though.
/m/ is tsundere for the series at times, it has a few fans, etc.

Destiny is genuinely hated though. Understandable, that shit was easily the worst Gundam ever made.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:52 pm

View Original PostAlastor wrote:Destiny is genuinely hated though. Understandable, that shit was easily the worst Gundam ever made.

no the worst Gundam ever made was this piece of shit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Saviour Destiny is second
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Alastor » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:40 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:no the worst Gundam ever made was this piece of shit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Saviour Destiny is second
G-Savior was internally consistent with its characterization and plot (I think. Been awhile since I saw it).

Destiny was not. Destiny was like someone taking a terrible fanfic and animating it.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Destiny never made me want to punch my computer screen, G-Shit did. I at the very least found a tiny bit of entertainment in Destiny, G-shit just pissed me the F*** off. G-shit is the one piece of Gundam merchandise I never ever want to own that is why I say it is the worst.
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Hey now, SEED Destiny was the best gundam there is; the flaws are just a tad exaggerated is all. :cool:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:35 pm

You guys gave him time to put on his troll shades? :shakehead:

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:40 pm

I do not have troll shades, TR, I simply find Destiny the best out of all of them.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Dr. Nick » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:59 am

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I do not have troll shades, TR, I simply find Destiny the best out of all of them.

Hey, TDSA. Can you name a single three-dimensional Earth Alliance character in Destiny (side stories not included)?

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:31 am

Neo Roanoke and what qualifies something as "three dimensional" exactly?
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:29 am

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Ok, I think I get why child of lillith doesnt like durarara now, this series is getting almost as contrived as code geass. Oh well I'll reserve judgements for after I finish it.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Halfway through G Gundam and the finals are starting.

AT LAST!

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU GAINT!!

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:43 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Ok, I think I get why child of lillith doesnt like durarara now, this series is getting almost as contrived as code geass. Oh well I'll reserve judgements for after I finish it.
Quit now and save yourself the trouble. You know in your heart of hearts you want to.

Watched Fate Zero S2 Episode 2. The epic battle of jet vs chair continues. That is until the idiot plot intervenes and ruins everything. Stupid plot!!

Oh, and Saber isn't useless anymore. But it's too little and too late to really matter. Her ruination is already complete. :ehh:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Aquarion EVOL's got a new OP!
:w00:
SPOILER: Show
SUKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
SHE DID IT!
Yay!

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Na7e » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Nyarko-San: Another Crawling Chaos.

With my dear old friend Nyarlathotep taking the form of a teenage girl.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:58 pm

Gundam AGE episode 27, the episode was okay but not nearly as good as last week’s although I thought a certain redhead would have died instead of the person who did. Next week should be good looks like there is going to be a new white wolf and I predict that the opening will change.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:26 pm

So yeah I finished durarara, while it wasn't horrioble there were a lot of things that annoyed me about it so here's what I liked and didn't like.

The good: I liked a lot of the side characters, especially Izaya, now there is a magnificent bastard for you! Sort of like what you get if you cross David Xanatose with some kid who likes to play pranks on people. And he gets away with it all with just a black eye to show for it, now there is a smooth criminal. Shizuo, Simon and Celty were pretty cool too. Hell even Kadota and his freinds were alright, this series would have been a lot better if any of the above people were the protagonists instead of those three chumps who got the lead.

I also kind of liked the point about how everyone has some crazy secret, well I'm not sure if everyone really does have a crazy secret in real life, but I do anyway so that kind of resonated with me.

Now for the bad things I didn't like.

This is the third most contrived anime series I've ever seen, almost as bad as the likes of code geass the way things just fall into place for no reason. Did they think "hey what if M Night Shymalan wrote baccano?"

And also I really didn't like the three protagonists, Anri was probably the most tolerable of the three though she didn't have much to offer. Both sides of Kidas bi-polar personality were extremely irritating, either he was acting like a cross between a playboy and pinkiy pie or he was acting like some kind of angsty emo bastard. But Ryugamine was worst of all, I don't think I can remember a more useless protagonist off the top of my head. He goes around acting like a less whiny version of Fam and furrowing his non existent eyebrows at everyone while blindly fumbling through all these dangerous situations. Damn I hate his non existent eyebrows so much!

So yeah, it wasn't horrible but it wasn't that good either, I think Baccano was definately the stronger series.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:52 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote:This is the third most contrived anime series I've ever seen, almost as bad as the likes of code geass the way things just fall into place for no reason. Did they think "hey what if M Night Shymalan wrote baccano?"

That was kind of a theme of the show, though, how interconnected these various characters who share little in common were. How one action by one of them affects another member of the cast, even when they're so far apart.

But yea, the 3 "main" characters were rather dull. Not sure what it's done to spark so much dislike from you and CoL though. I mean, if the entire show was all about them and the rest of the characters didn't exist sure, but with so many better characters it kind of outweighs how boring the main three are.

I dunno, I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best thing I ever saw, but I didn't find it nearly as bad as you guys.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:21 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote:This is the third most contrived anime series I've ever seen, almost as bad as the likes of code geass the way things just fall into place for no reason.
So which was the other top 3 most contrived series? Enquiring minds want to know.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|🕊|🐸|MAL

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:52 am

Code Geass and Inuyasha were the first two.

Well I didn't hate it, its just that whenever kida or Ryugamine were on screen I wanted to punch them and the contrivences were also a bit annoying.

The parts dealing with the other characters I thought were cool for the most part.

Return to “Old Stickies”