How would the cast of Evangelion react to their creators?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

How would the cast of Evangelion react to their creators?

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Hey everyone, this is my first thread idea, so I hope I make a good impression. :D

I've had this idea in the back of my mind after seeing this image floating around on the net.

Let's say that the cast of Evangelion somehow managed to get into our world and meet the people involved in their creation, such as Yoshiyuki Sadamoto or even Hideaki Anno. How do you think they would react to them?

This doesn't have to be a serious discussion, but I would appreciate it if it was. :)
Last edited by KingXanaduu on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby BornIn1142 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Someone once gave me a bit of advice for writing fiction - that if a character met their creator in real life, they should want to punch them. I think this applies wonderfully to Eva.

There would be punching, and crying, and screaming accusations. Lots of drama.
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:53 pm

I think if Shinji ever met Anno I think he would beg to know why he had to touch himself at the begging of EoE then he would star complaining about how he can never live that down
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Sephizim
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sephizim » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:17 pm

If nothing else, I would hope that if Anno ever met Shinji, he would give the poor boy a hug. He owes him that much.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Shinji may resent them for what they put him through. And Anno certainly does owe Shinji a hug.
Asuka would be pissed for the mind rape and having Shinji do it over her.
Rei... I have no idea, maybe just question her existence.
Kensuke would be mad for not being an Eva pilot.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

pen-pen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby pen-pen » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:38 pm

ALL Characters(including Pen-Pen) to Yoshiyuki Sadamoto & Hideaki Anno: "....Since we're makin tons of cash for you two- Where's our salary??????!!!!!!!!......ungrateful S.O.B.s...!!!!!"
BOOMZ!

merri
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby merri » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:20 pm

Asuka to Anno: *kills him and splatters blood on her Eva*
Shinji to Anno: ...
Misato to Anno: *shoots him and splatters blood on Shinji*
Gendo to Anno: "Very interesting..."
Rei to Anno: ...

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:14 pm

Anno will take Pen-Pen home and have a cool new pet.

Then say "Screw you." to everyone else.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:56 pm

View Original Postmerri wrote:Shinji to Anno: ...
Gendo to Anno: "Very interesting..."
Rei to Anno: ...

Ah, that crazy Ikari family. :lol:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:25 am

I'd expect him to be more like "WHY? WHYYYYYYYYYY?!"
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:53 am

Wait, I changed my answer.

He'd take Pen-Pen and Shinji home.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:11 am

I imagine Shinji would do a lot of awkward half-smiling, Asuka would refuse to show up, Rei just sit there. Anno would probably start to cry.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

I've been listening to that for the last hour. BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:53 am

Anno to Asuka: *strokes head* "My good girl, my sweet, cute little girl, my precious, stubborn girl..."

Asuka: "HENTAI!" *slap* "And if I'm so 'precious' to you, WHY THE F*CK DID SHIKINAMI GET THE JET PACK?!?"

Anno to Rei: "I NEVER LOVED YOU! DIE ALREADY!"

Rei: "... Is that an order?"

Anno to Shinji: "... You are a fool."

Shinji: "... I know ... but so are you."

Tokyo-3 Committee to Anno: "Hello, Anno-sama? Yes, we brought you here today to discuss your decision to place our fair city right over the area it was known the angels were to attack."

"Rather than spending billions to ensure only a part of the city could take shelter underground, wouldn't it have been wiser to build the city somewhere else, say, a few miles to the west?
"

Anno: "Yes, to justify this action, I'd like to to bring the committee's attention to this twinkie."

Tokyo-3 C: "???... Anno-sama, we really don't see the rel— OMFG THAT TWINKIE IS AWESOME!!1!o!1!!!"

Anno: "I know, and I brought enough for everyone!"

Tokyo-3 C: "Really?!?"

Anno: "Yes, as soon as you approve the proposed Eva turn-table."

Tokyo-3 C: "SOLD!"
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Razeil100
Adam

Re: I've been listening to that for the last hour. BD

•      
  •      

Postby Razeil100 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:25 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:Anno to Asuka: *strokes head* "My good girl, my sweet, cute little girl, my precious, stubborn girl..."

Asuka: "HENTAI!" *slap* "And if I'm so 'precious' to you, WHY THE F*CK DID SHIKINAMI GET THE JET PACK?!?"

Anno to Rei: "I NEVER LOVED YOU! DIE ALREADY!"

Rei: "... Is that an order?"

Anno's uh...kind of a creep.
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:51 am

If Anno was smart, he would refrain from taking responsibility and say that the events in the show were all the results of the characters in that show playing off eachother. It's not Anno's fault that Yui got sucked into a giant purple vacuum vagina and Gendo abandoned Shinji to leave him for an emotionally needy wreck. Nope. It would be Kiel's fault for setting all the conspiracies up, Yui's for getting sucked, Gendo for not having the will to deal with his problems, and Shinji for constantly bitching about it.

Sure, Shinji could equate Anno to God and lambaste him for not saving him or some such nonsense, but that would just turn into a giant clusterfuck that's not worth getting into. Anno could say he works in mysterious ways and be done with it. Shinji could then scream out "Man is born crying!" in the most melodramatic manner possible and I will laugh at the hamfisted nihilism, but excuse it because the build up was so good.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:30 am

For some reason, I'm picturing a family reunion where, in a retro 40s house, Anno, Gendo, Kaji and the other guys would watch a football game, and while they're telling themselves about on how much the man is keeping them down, they're trying to kill each other because some playoff isn't coming off the ground. Meanwhile, Asuka is in one bedroom typing away in her cell phone, Misato and Ritsuko are talking about their lives with the other women somewhere either in the dinner room or in the kitchen with the guys sometimes yelling at them (Anno would be the loudest), Rei sleeping in one room upstairs, and Shinji (in another room) upstairs is watching TV, doing nothing.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 am

Anno and Gendo would plan evil things together while simultaneously adjusting their glasses. I'm certain of this.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:52 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Anno and Gendo would plan evil things together while simultaneously adjusting their glasses. I'm certain of this.

I just pictured a Gendo pose competition between Anno and Gendo.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:25 am

In an impassioned rage, the cast of Evangelion would denounce their creator and announce their violent revolution. Screams and bloody outbursts in the name of justice would fill both the NGE world and the real world, and the characters would fight their way to the real Tokyo and up to Anno's front door. For the safety, prosperity and continued existence of the Evangelion cast, they would confront their creator and demand things be done right. After much negotiation and bribery, Rebuild was made.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Viking
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Viking » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Misato will probably empty an entire .38 magazine on Anno for Kaji's death... then another one, just for fun ( probably she'll be drunk... ).

I'm still unsure about what Kaworu could possibly do with him...

Bye
俺は素人でもない。スペシャリストだ![ フルメタル

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”