The Eva Monkey is awesome at Tetris

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

The Eva Monkey is awesome at Tetris

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:28 pm

It's this really cool show that sort of deconstructs mecha and throws in some psychoanalytic and existential themes and undercurrents. Has anyone else seen it? It's pretty cool, I'd recommend it. There's some other guys on the internet who claim they've seen it and go on about seeds and singularities and rape orgies, but I'm not sure where they're getting all that. I wonder if anyone else here who's seen the show can help explain?

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Kind off boring, too much talking and physco junk.. I liked this show better when it was caled "Love Hina"'

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:41 pm

I think there's a show called Shinji Ikari Raisin Project or something that shows Eva without the story or themes or establishing characterizations where it's like if Shinji were happy and had no issues with his dad and had a totally different life and personality. I hear Evangelion fans really like it, it sounds really fun.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:41 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Kind off boring, too much talking and physco junk.. I liked this show better when it was caled "Love Hina"'

I don't know, but the show chee is describing sounds a whole lot like Madoka. Maybe I should watch this Neon Genesis Evangelion show.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Yeah, Macross Plus was pretty badass. Weird name for a sequel though.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:53 pm

I know, it's like they forgot the "Two" at the end. Maybe it's supposed to mean "Macross Plus Two", so it's like a Godard breaking the fourth wall with the title because a sequel is plus two from the original Macross which is sort of a spiritual sequel to Mobile Suit Gundam so it should be Macross Plus Two Gundams 0083: The Girl Who Lept Through Bebop pancakes
Last edited by chee on Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:53 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Yeah, Macross Plus was pretty badass. Weird name for a sequel though.

I playde Tetiris Plus. is this like that?

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:02 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:I playde Tetiris Plus. is this like that?

No, tetris plus is where you have to play Isamu and you have to kill HAL 9000 before he turns everyone into a Taylor Swift fan except HAL 9000 is a chick who totally wants to bone you through some unknown and probably really painful robot way. Macross Plus is a... um... wow I don't even remember.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:04 am

Has anyone else seen it?
Nope, never heard of it. Is it some kind of shojo anime?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:05 am

No, you're thinking of Mamoru Oshii's Theory of Communicative Action. The book was way better, except Habermas' ending sucked. But in the movie Two-Face totally got the shaft and Christian Bale was a horrible Wonder Woman.
Last edited by chee on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:06 am

Oh, I see. Thanks for correcting me.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:06 am

View Original Postchee wrote:Macross Plus Two Gundams 0083: The Girl Who Lept Through Bebop pancakes

:rofl:

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:56 am

I caught an episode of Eva once. When the penguin splashed the naked kid and the drunk chick was all "I'm drunk, that's the extent of my character", I changed the channel.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:11 am

"This is not the place to discuss animes like that."
*lock*
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:45 am

This thread is now about my amazing Tetris skills.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:08 am

I demand a video of you playing Tetris so that we can adequately discuss your awesomeness.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:14 am

Yes, we must have proof!
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

The Blindness of Escaflowne B)

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:33 am

View Original Postchee wrote:It's this really cool show that sort of deconstructs mecha and throws in some psychoanalytic and existential themes and undercurrents.

That sounds like Escaflowne to me, it's about a girl who tries to commit suicide because nobody takes her Harry Potter self-insert fan fics seriously. Then suddenly, she's transported inside one of her fics that was strangely a crossover with Macross: Do You Recall That One Time We Went Out For Karaoke?

It starts off during the Triwizard Tournament at the end of the Dragon round, only now no one can quite decide who won that round, so they're settling it via sudden death. Of each of the schools.

Long story short, the girl, using her pre-cognition powers and ability to give horoscopes that say "You will be rich and famous", assists Speed Racer in his tricked out Dragon-Cyborg-Android to take down his evil long-lost brother, Racer X.

It then ends with the girl waking up and realizing it was all a dream, and starts to contemplate that, when it came to suicide, maybe she just wasn't trying hard enough.

She then dies after OD'ing on sleeping pills (while falling off a balcony).

EDIT:

If you then wait until the end of the credits, you will see a video showcasing EM's fantastic Tetris skills.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:44 am

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:I demand a video of you playing Tetris so that we can adequately discuss your awesomeness.

You have your choice of:

Tetris (Game Boy)
Tetris (NES)
Tetris Splash (Xbox 360)
First Person Tetris

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:36 am

I read somewhere that Dmitri Shostakovich wrote the theme for Tetris, but got executed by Stalin because happy things are illegal in Russia.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”