[News] News Thread - NO POLITICS 2011

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:04 pm

The gorilla sweater always creeps up from the shirt's collar. Can't hide that...
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:54 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:But Batman is by the Distinguished Competition.

There's so much corporate incest between the two that I frankly doubt it matters any more.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:53 pm

"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:27 pm

I can't believe no one has mentioned the birds.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:02 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I can't believe no one has mentioned the birds.

you mean this?

When stuff like this happens I facepalm.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:37 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I can't believe no one has mentioned the birds.
it's maybe because the stories are a consequence of the 24-hr. news cycle coupled with a lack of context/perspective and understanding of biology by mainstream media reporters

there are other reasons IMO, but I will not divulge them in this public forum due to the mood of a certain Capitán

PM me if you wish to automatically decrypt this post without having to guess
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:06 pm

I think I understand.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:18 pm

I wonder if the magnetic pole swap is getting closer, perhaps leaving momentary localized windows for unfiltered radiation to sneak in and kill a bunch of stuff without a trace.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:20 am

And the Ice Age might as well resume, too.

What the [placeeveryonethinksisintheBibleeventhoughitisn't] is taking our planet so long?
/hj

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:12 am

View Original PostTHE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:it's maybe because the stories are a consequence of the 24-hr. news cycle coupled with a lack of context/perspective and understanding of biology by mainstream media reporters

Interesting....very interesting!

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:41 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I wonder if the magnetic pole swap is getting closer, perhaps leaving momentary localized windows for unfiltered radiation to sneak in and kill a bunch of stuff without a trace.
that is one theory that's floated around as the cause, and that the Mayan doomsday shall be THE climactic moment such a thing happens

I do not think so, but I am thinking of ways of making bank off of this phenom considering I missed out on cashing in on Y2K
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:55 am

The URL says it all, really

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/music/faggot-lyric-disqualifies-dire-straits-hit-from-canadian-radio-play/article1868052/
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:24 am

That's my favorite Dire Straits song!! I guess it won't be long before it happens here though, I guess. People need to learn to suck it up. It's like have they never even been on the internet a day in their lives before?

A commenter wrote:Golly gee whiz! What do you think they would say about Jayne County's "If You Dont Wan't To F*** Me Baby Then F*** Off"? Just wondering.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:48 am

Ugh, political correctness! :angry!!:

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Dr. Nick » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm trying to think of something witty to say here, but I can't come up with anything.

http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/devils-playground-presents-anime-babes-32279673/

Note: partially NSFW.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Italian man sneezes out bullet Image
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:07 pm

Pirates are gonna get lasered.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:10 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Pirates are gonna get lasered.

Doesn't the Geneva convention outlaw the use of lasers for blinding troops?

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:19 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:Doesn't the Geneva convention outlaw the use of lasers for blinding troops?

Probably, but these are pirates, and these lasers are supposedly only gonna temporarily blind them.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”