Recent Hauls [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:40 am

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Very sadly, she's no longer with us- she died from liver cancer in 2008. She was only 43.

I didn't know that - sad. (That's the age I was when I had cancer...)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:04 pm

Alrighty then, let's see what Bagheera got at Otakon:

-- Re-Take 1-3, 1.5, 0: these are in good shape, and I'm glad to have hard copies even if they are in Japanese. I also managed to find volume 4 on e-bay while at the con, so I'm counting that as well. Still need After and the All-Ages volumes, but this is a good start.
-- Shinji and Asuka After Story: That doujin from Pengel that doesn't wind up turning Asuka's uterus into a clown car. Got collected volumes 1 and 2, which appears to be all of 'em.
-- Dark Horse's NGE Comic Tribute: Some of this is pretty funny. Some is surprisingly serious, too. Recommended.
-- Samurai Bride art book: Don't judge me, you fuckers.
-- Ni&#952 Art Works: Nishi's Alluring Figures: I thought this would be more of the above, but the vast majority of it is PG. Color me sad. :raincloud: But wait! Surprise Eva appears! That's right, the guy who did the character designs for Queen's Blade, Samurai Girls, Demonbane, and others apparently did a pic for a postcard book included with the PS 2 version of Girlfriend of Steel 2. Damn fine pic, too. Also included are beast-headed humanoids, a dragon turtle with a castle on its back (that looks awkward), and a bunch of other odd shit.
-- Knights of Sidonia Movic book: Mostly lineart.
-- 4 Movic clearfiles from Q: Kaworu (Evangelion 13), ReiQ (Evangelion Mark.09), Mari (Evangelion Production Model Custom Type 08&#946), Asuka (Evangelion Production Model 02'&#946). How Mari's Eva is a custom job and and Asuka's is not I will never understand. Each file is a clear folder (sealed at the bottom) with lineart of the Eva and a frame from the movie on the front and the movie title on the back. No idea what I'll do with these, but they look cool.
-- Rei Q CapsuleQ Fräulein figure: didn't have a ReiQ fig yet, so figured I might as well. I'd prefer a portraits figure, since I now have Soryu, Shinji, Shikinami, and Rei II figs from that series, but the ReiQ entry there is . . . kinda dull.
-- Wave Corporation's W.H.A.M. Tachikoma: I got the blue one. I have mixed feelings on this sucker; on the one hand, its ass is hollow and it has good articulation, so you can do shit with it. On the other, the plastic is cheap as fuck and I'm scared I'll break it if I so much as look at it funny. Worth $55? Probably not, but it'll look nice on my desk at work.
-- T-shirts: One of Unit 01, one of the Scout Corps logo from AoT.
-- iPhone 5 case: Mikasa. I'll never use it, but whatever. It's pretty.
-- Keychains: Got one for Nerv and one for Asuka. These are pretty solid; the distinctive bits are pretty and durable, and they come with a handy clasp for hooking them onto d-rings or belt loops or whatever. I like 'em. Rei and Shinji can blow me, though; at $7 a pop Asuka's the only pilot I need.
-- Corgi Bebop messenger bag: I need a messenger bag like I need a hole in the head, but the idea itself is so brilliant I couldn't pass it up.
-- Under the Dog kickstarter: I can't help but think the idea behind this series is shit, but I admire the fuck out of the talent behind it and their willingness to tell the studios to go fuck themselves and finance the project on their own. I believe they can pull it off, and if they do, watch out -- anime world's gonna change big time. I went all in, and will get a ton of goodies when they finish the thing next year.
Hanasaku Iroja 1 & 2 LE: I didn't get these at the con, but I ordered them from Amazon while I was there. Close enough.
Attack on Titan 2 LE: Same as above.
Portraits figures: Jersey Asuka and Rei II. These were ordered before the con, and arrived while I was there. I'm counting them since they were all part of the same "got cool Eva shit" haul. I'm also thinking about getting this Rei to go with this Asuka, since this is a great example of Rei being Rei and not being some silly sexualized caricature (and just to be clear, I have nothing against cheesecake, as long as it's character appropriate! Gimme a sexy Misato, hell yeah. But Asuka? Rei? No, man. Just no. Rei wouldn't know sexy if it walked up and bit her, and Asuka would be scandalized at the very thought. But Rei with a book? That's legit, gimme. The only thing stopping me is the fact that I think they're just slightly out of scale: the Rei figure is 1:6, and the Asuka is 1:5.5. I think. It's hard to tell. But if so they'd look funny together, so I dunno.

Hmmm. Nothing from KLK, so I'm clearly doing it wrong. But it's not my fault a complete LE of the series (or the first half, whatever) isn't available yet!

And for SSD:

-- Two Sailor Moon posters, one double-sided (got an extra from CJD, but it's seen better days; but hey, extra's still extra, right?).
-- A large post card
-- A stamp card, complete with stamps (it is not easy to track down Sailor Scouts when you know nothing about the show, just sayin').
-- The coin I got for completing said stamp card.

And now the bills come in and the weeping begins, but whatever. It's all cool shit, so I regret nothing! :crybaby:
Last edited by Bagheera on Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Just got a Samsung Galaxy S4 to replace my decrepit old iPhone 4s.

Also got some new shoes.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Thanks so much, Bagheera! :asukahearts:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:53 pm

I got a (green) Dragonball Z Scouter for my birthday, Yay!!

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:06 pm

What does it say about his power level?
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sorrow » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:09 pm

It's over 9000!

I hate myself now more than ever....
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:28 pm

I just tried it on, it doesn't fit my FAT HEAD! :lol:
Bummer

At least I can make use of it as decoration.

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:43 pm

You should post a picture of yourself wearing it with shopped in Saiyan armor.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Why? so you guys can have a big laugh? I think Not!

- Suicidahlia

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:21 pm

I have been neglecting my obligation of listing of recently acquired consumer goods. It is an appropriate interval to amend that.

LIST  SPOILER: Show
Items from the last 3-4 months

A Boy Named Goo by The Goo Goo Dolls
One Hot Minute by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Grace Under Pressure by Rush
Fugazi [2 disc set] by Marillion
Aladdin Sane [40th Anniversary ed.] by David Bowie
Bryter Layter by Nick Drake
Smart Bar - Chicago 1985 by Sonic Youth

Sixty Stories by Donald Barthelme
Six Memos for the Next Millenium by Italo Calvino
Cathedral by Raymond Carver
Demian by Hermann Hesse
Selected Stories [Oxford World's Classics] by Katharine Mansfield

Berserk Vol. 16 TP
Berserk Vol. 17 TP
Berserk Vol. 18 TP
Berserk Vol. 19 TP
Berserk Vol. 20 TP

Macross Plus OVA Collection DVD
(from earlier in the year, but not listed before...)
Dream Theater: Live at Budokan BD
Whisper of the Heart BD
Cowboy Bebop Collection 1 (1-13) BD

As is the norm, no pictures for thee.
Voluntary Illusion.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:51 pm

I finally caught the little bugger..

- Suicidahlia

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:54 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:I finally caught the little bugger...
Which rainbow did you find that at end of?
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:59 pm

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Which rainbow did you find that at end of?

The Amazon.com rainbow :rei_hissyfit:

- Suicidahlia

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:21 pm

You blew 200 Dollars on that thing?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Enjoy! I tweeted you, too, in case you're wondering who that is. :tongue:

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:22 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:You blew 200 Dollars on that thing?

lol nope. I bought it for $40

- Suicidahlia

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:25 pm

100 pages = new thread! :rei_dance:

https://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16554/Recent-Hauls-3-The-quest-for-more-stuff

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”