Recent Hauls [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:57 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Killer Bee you da best

Thanks hun, keep being awesome. :asuka_thumbsup:

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:13 am

As I posted over in the Christmas thread, this is the big-ticket item I received.

Otherwise, just gift cards and cash.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:12 am

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Do you plan to put Cyanogenmod on it, or leave it stock?

Don't know yet; I need to find out more about what it will do for me as it stands. I'm happy to leave it as is if that does what I want (why spend effort that's not needed), but equally happy to change it if I can see useful benefits (like I changed my iRiver player to a custom-compiled Rockbox to support a bigger disk).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Paranoid
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Paranoid » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:25 pm

I got my first unit 01 fig today, which I ordered from Mandarake. It's an old Xebec toys fig. It comes with some nice extras, and it looks really cool. The articulation, however, is extremely disappointing. It has hardly any joints, and it's so unstable that there's only 2-3 poses it can support without falling over. It's also extremely delicate.
I don't mind too much, though, as I'm only going to display it. It was worth it just for this:
SPOILER: Show
Last edited by Paranoid on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like food.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."-Edel, Princess Tutu

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Should have went the extra mile and made those images gifs.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:34 pm

too lazy to take pics, but i just bought an hdtv.

a 19 inch that only goes up to 720p, but still

i also bought my neighbor totoro and new super luigi u
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Boxing day shopping haul.

Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:05 pm

can someone explain to me what boxing day actually is?
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:06 pm

It's when people punch the shit out of each other for presents.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Princess Asuka » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:10 pm

I thought it was some British/Australian/Canadian holiday? Since I'm American I dunno what it is.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:41 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:It's when people punch the shit out of each other for presents.

Basically this. It's the equivalent of Black Friday and due to the rioting and violence in pursuit of discounts it's called Boxing Day.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:52 pm

Damn thing has so many networking issues....

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:41 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:As I posted over in the Christmas thread, this is the big-ticket item I received.

Nice guitar, AngelNo13! :asuka_thumbsup:

Here's my Christmas haul, photographed individually for some reason...

ImageLimited Edition Wii U w/ Zelda-themed GamePad, free digital copy of Wind Waker HD and free digital copy of Hyrule HistoriaImage Pikmin 3 ImageThe Art of Bioshock Infinite

Unfortunately the Nintendo eShop is experiencing some sort of technical difficulty at the moment so I can't download my free copy of Wind Waker HD yet. Damn.

I also got Risk of Rain on Steam, although that's not pictured here.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:04 am

View Original PostShinoyami65 wrote:Unfortunately the Nintendo eShop is experiencing some sort of technical difficulty at the moment so I can't download my free copy of Wind Waker HD yet. Damn

At the moment? It's been down since Christmas day.

[s]Guess Nintendo didn't expect more than 20 people to buy the Wii U[/s]

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:12 am

^I know that, I mean that it's still having network problems now, 2 days later. Took me ages to download the system update to play in the first place. At least I managed to redeem my downlaod code, although the thing froze before I could get to the download stage.

Oh well, in my situation it's better to get crappy Internet service for free rather than pay to get slightly less crappy Internet service.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Stikuru
Adam

Postby Stikuru » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:44 am

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:

Yeah, the PSN was having some outages in various locations on Christmas Eve which extended into Christmas last I read, and I honestly haven't used it for anything except downloading BF4 (which still had problems when it came to installing, because it would randomly lose connection to the server and pause itself).

The last Sony system I had was the PS2 without internet, so as my first experience with PSN I have to say i'm extremely disappointed. But i'm sure that will change after the holiday season winds down and they have time to fix the instability.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:35 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:can someone explain to me what boxing day actually is?
Historically, the first working day after Christmas, when servants and tradesman would be given "Christmas boxes" as a bonus. It has become a bank holiday in some places (note that in Britain it has been so in England for a long time, but in Scotland only since 1974), which is not necessarily adjacent to Christmas day if at a weekend.

It has long also been the day when post-Christmas sales start, though in recent years, bad trading conditions have led to some shops starting their sales before Christmas.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:15 am

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:

So jealous.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Paranoid
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Paranoid » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:21 am

The ride never ends.
~~funyaa!
I like food.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy their fate be granted glory."-Edel, Princess Tutu

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby AR-99 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Got this from Barnes & Noble yesterday. Would have picked up the February 2014 of Otaku USA as well if the copies weren't so dinged up.

[URL=http://imgur.com/gdhKVm5]Image[/URL]

Did not go nuts and buy myself Christmas thingies this year to help meet a spending target and save up for my Japan trip next October.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”