What are you currently playing? [2]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:19 pm

^ Yeah, had that same experience. At least now I know what a baseball knocked outta the park feels like.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Spud » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:07 pm

I also found a Headless Horsemen
It will ride around and occasionaly stop/slow down. It isn't hostile nor will it attack/take damage when you swing at it. Does anyone know if it is part of a quest or anything? I haven't been able to interact with it.
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:01 pm

As far as I know he doesn't actually do anything. I followed him for ages but all I found was bears.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:SKYRIM!!!

I tried saying hello to a giant ....

Didnt end too well
Gives you a nice view of the landscape when he does a vertical attack though, doesn't it?

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Postponing my attempt at unlocking Jak II's Hero Mode and playing Jak 3 instead. I'm tired of losing races.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:33 pm

I am trying to complete the infernal FFX-2. For those of you who have played it, you know what I am talking about.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Alastor » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:08 am

Evangelion Sound Impact.

...this game is actually pretty fun, shockingly.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:44 am

Evangelion 64

Damn I love this game.

My favourite N64 game.

Except I have to skip the Ramiel level.

Damned emulator.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Okay, I couldn't help it. With my brother messing around on it now, I couldn't help it. I got Skyrim.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:00 pm

Saints Row 3, fucking awesome.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:12 pm

View Original Postsupershinjiasukashipper wrote:I am trying to complete the infernal FFX-2. For those of you who have played it, you know what I am talking about.

Oh yeah, I do. Good days.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:10 am

Many moons ago, I was on a major Metroid Prime Trilogy kick, trying to beat all the games on all the difficulty levels. As part of that, I played Metroid Prime 1 on Veteran and got to 98% item collection. I searched and searched and searched and searched for the last two or three expansions that must have been out there, going through a list on a faq and wondering which one I could possibly have forgotten on this playthrough.

After far too much time searching, reloading each time so that my precious time counter would remain at a mere 5 1/2 hours of playtime, I eventually gave up and decided that I'd spent too much time on the game and needed a break.

Just tonight, as a result of talking back and forth with NemZ about many things which at one point suddenly included Metroid Prime, those thoughts and feelings came back to me and at the end of my usual hyping process (which includes listening to the music of the game separately from the game) I decided it was time to finally pop Prime in and just get the damn playthrough over with so I could start a new one fresh, and maybe continue to work towards beating all three games on all three difficulty levels.

The problem was accepting that I would have to beat the game without 100% item completion. Shouldn't be a big deal, I know, but for some reason it was. After some faffing back and forth in my mind about whether or not to give the game world one last once-over for where that one last mysterious missing expansion could be, I decided to proceed forth into the Chozo Temple and go ahead and fight Ridley and just get the game over with. After all, the fact that I didn't get 100% wouldn't make the black dot symbolizing my completion of the game any less solidly black, would it? Would it?!

I went into the game for the first time in far too long. Good old rainy Tallon Overworld, so very atmospheric. I checked my equipment just to make sure of things. 98% item collection rate. Yep, still missing probably one or two expansions out there. I also noticed that I was missing one artifact. Whatever, if I have to go hunt it down I'll do that after I've beaten Ridley, I thought. (I had forgotten at the time that you need all the artifacts to face Ridley in the first place.)

I entered the Chozo Temple and raised an eyebrow when the camera did a broad, sweeping orbit to introduce the area to me -- wait, on this playthrough I had never come here before? Weird. But oh well, not like there's any expansions in the Chozo Temple -- I knew that much offhand.

I went down to the place where you put all the artifacts and on my way there I remembered that one artifact would be waiting for me. Oh good, I thought, I won't have to go hunt it down.

I picked up the Artifact of Truth and after informing me that I had done so, the game then informed me with a new message.

I just sat there and stared, agape, for like a full minute at least at the message: "100% item completion".
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:08 am

^ Neat story, Ed. The mention of it has perked my interest on digging out my GameCube and playing through Prime again.

Finally purchased Skyrim, so there goes what little social life I had for a while.

Also, because of Black Friday, I also picked up a copy of Rocksmith. Before anyone gets up in arms about "shitty rhythm games" and "cheap plastic instrument controllers", this one's quite different...and in a very good way. It comes with a USB-to-1/4 inch jack adapter that lets you use pretty much any electric guitar with a pickup you can think of. Basically, it's not so much a game as it is a very intuitive guitar teacher (although if you're over the "novice" level of skill, it might be unnecessary).

And if you're already good at said instrument? Heh, there's a freeplay mode that turns your console into a virtual practice amp with plenty of tone settings and effects pedals included. It's worth it just for that alone, considering how much money that can run into.

All in all, best music-related $50 I've spent in a long time. Now if only it had a record-and-share function...
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:48 am

Started playing some DC Universe Online with some friends.

It´s okay.
Did anyone else here play this or is playing this?

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:00 am

I haven't!

Been playing some of that Spider-Man game for the Nintendo 64.

Damn I love swinging around New York City.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Xous
Lilith

Postby Xous » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:00 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:Saints Row 3, fucking awesome.

Agreed. It's almost everything I wanted GTA 4 to be (freeroaming-wise), which is why I got it. This is my first Saints Row game, and if there are future installments like this one I'm now a loyal fan.

I stopped playing G.U. Volume 3 for now. I'm about halfway through and I'm stressing over the Forest of Pain at the end of the game and not being able to get all of the one-time items there. I remember missing one or two the first time I played through, so I'm hoping I don't repeat the same mistake.
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:49 am

Call Of Duty: World At War went from mediocre online play to downright disgusting. Treyarch needs to fix this shit. The games possessed by hackers and mp40 juggernaut doucebags. I know that they've moved past this game, but I think it's downright insulting to leave a game like this extremely flawed.

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Been playing super robot wars Z2 and I am liking this one far more than L. The animations and music are all much better (but it is to be expected as L is for the DS)
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:20 pm

View Original Postbackseatjesus wrote:Call Of Duty: World At War went from mediocre online play to downright disgusting. Treyarch needs to fix this shit. The games possessed by hackers and mp40 juggernaut doucebags. I know that they've moved past this game, but I think it's downright insulting to leave a game like this extremely flawed.

There's never a shortage of fucking gamehack dorks in any FPS, especially those using Shit Engine.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:23 pm

For this break, I've been playing Doom 3 on my Mac, and I just love the arsenal of weapons this freaking game has to offer against the Demons of Hell. My personal favorite is, of course, THE CHAINSAW! I practically used it against everything that stood in my way. They never saw it coming!

:chainsaw:

RRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!

No! Not the Chainsaw! YES, The Chainsaw! RRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG!!!!! :toothy:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”