Puella Magi Madoka Magika

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:39 pm

There is no end of what fans in Japan can come up with to celebrate character in PMMM. The next thing to do is the cardboard box to hold future PMMM BD discs:

SPOILER: Show

ImageImage
ImageImage
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:56 am

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Some fan found that the shape of the witch Sayaka killed has a silhouette of a praying and kneeling person like Kyouko did before she met her end in Ep.9

Not sure what implication it holds though...

Another thing that has been brought up in 2chan discussion is that Sayaka wished for Kyousuke's left hand to be cured and the irony is that her left hand was cut off by Kyouko when she became a witch. Some also said they saw the shadow cast by Sayaka-witch near the end of the confrontation was that of a human, but I am not sure...

Anyway I have a bunch of OMAKE

OMAKE 1 - megane moe (glasses moe):

ImageImageImageImageImage

OMAKE 2 - lingerie moe: (with a bit of yuri)

OMAKE 3 - doujin Puella Magi Azusa Magika !!
Basically ton-chan (the turtle) turns out to be a QB-like creature and he persuaded Azusa to become a Mahou Shoujo, but once she becomes one it turns out everything she uses, the costume, the magic, the weapon, even the BGM, cost "magic money" and the "magic money" she makes by killing witches is never enough to pay for the cost :lol:
Later the doujin also introduces
- Scantily clad Mio who looks like Homura. She needs to save cost so she uses the costume with the least amount of cloth :lol:
- Yui who has her left hand wounded and could not play guitar, so Ui, who vowed to do *anything* to help Yui, becomes a Sayaka-like Mahou Shoujo. :)
- Mugi who became a Mami-like Mahou Shoujo and ended up running a debt with QB-ton-chan that cost more than her family big fortune :lol:
- Ritsu who is a Kyouko-like Mahou Shoujo, coming here to take over running the team of Mahou Shoujo.... Anyway, a few pics....

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

OMAKE 4 - As some may have known, we have OFFICIAL QB T-SHIRT now:

Last edited by symbv on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:29 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Some fan found that the shape of the witch Sayaka killed has a silhouette of a praying and kneeling person like Kyouko did before she met her end in Ep.9

oh shi- :gasp:

True...I wonder if it has some significance. Can't come up with anything, at least not yet

View Original Postsymbv wrote:OMAKE 1 - megane moe (glasses moe)

glasses have never been my thing :P
View Original Postsymbv wrote:OMAKE 3 - doujin Puella Magi Azusa Magika !!

Goddamnit this looks AWESOME :lol: :w00t:

lol, I want that QB shirt

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Kyouko with glasses is awfully adorable.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Mami's hair drills accidentally my penis.

Postby Killer Bee » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:48 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:

Hair drills are my new fetish.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:08 pm

That Mami with glasses pic is rather nauseating...

K-ON x PMMM sounds awesome :lol:

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:30 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Some fan found that the shape of the witch Sayaka killed has a silhouette of a praying and kneeling person like Kyouko did before she met her end in Ep.9

Sayaka "killed" Kyouko or Kyouko died because of her.
That´s how I see it.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:50 pm

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:05 pm

^

Korean plastic surgery at it´s best.
:)
Madoka really felt out of place though, don´t know why.

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby User-iel » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:45 pm

^ Indeed, this might be the best group. Let's let the contest run a little longer, however. I agree that the acting for Madoka's expressions is a bit off-key. Not by much. Perhaps over-emphasis for yuri component versus canon?

Here's the most refined supposition I can present for episode 10 of "The Homura Identity." The major condition is to accept the logic level of character thought so far in evidence. Further presuming Homura comes from the future, the exact distance is arbitrary. The answer is the relationship between Homura and Madoka could be a one-sided hero worship. At some time, Madoka not only sacrifices herself in an exceptional way, she also leaves a historical witness. Later, young Homura learns her story, and adopts the tragedy. After that, she has her meeting with Kyubey, eventually deciding to trade her life for the ability to change her hero's fate. Thus, she knows many documented biographical facts of the past, but not every significant event. And has very modern tastes in interior design. Her expressions of regret around Madoka could then be interpreted as "buyer's remorse" upon meeting the girl of the past who is not at all like the Hero she expected.
The fun notion going around involving 'wish Kyubey-tachi into emotional beings' is not possible, because that would be correct in "Shugo Chara" or similar straight genre stories. Doesn't work with the general goals here. The number of elements identifying Homura as "older sister" are still very high, IMO, but this is likely a feint. As a final specific point, a continuation of Homura as a cat is not so disturbing, in light of the downgrade in complexity that occurs during 'witch collapse.' Homura existing as an uplifted human sourced from a cat, would damage the narrative for me.

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Some fan found that the shape of the witch Sayaka killed has a silhouette of a praying and kneeling person

My guess is, at a minimum, there are a higher proportion of religious minded girls accepting Kyubey's deal.

@Killer Bee Thanks for the link to the shirt. I think this might be the tip of an iceberg, since sales of the initial media are strong.

@soul.assassin Awwww... I'm in Despair!

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Someone theorized the witch was Kyouko's little sister.

Speculah wrote:Elsa Maria may be Kyouko's younger sister, who Kyuubey secretly made into a Puella Magi.

I like Instrumentality's symbolism point of view though.

PMMM Wiki/Witch Card wrote:Elsa Maria. The witch of shadow. Her nature is self-righteousness. She continues praying for all life in this world. She drags in all life equally into her shadow without changing her posture. One must know a pain of darkness to defeat her.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:41 am

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

What we wil NOT be seeing in ep. 10

Postby User-iel » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:42 am

While the mention of 'ultimate' is fresh, please let me cart over some gallery links to a sketch styled crossover doujin. It's sort of baffling that no one has already mentioned this. 'Safe', severely OOC, NSF(SHAFT), mouse-over translations.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/3002
http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/3003
http://danbooru.donmai.us/pool/show/3072

Have fun

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

PMMM manga vol.2

Postby symbv » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:55 am

PMMM manga vol.2 is not released yet, but pics of its contents have been leaked out.. You can see how the presentation differs from the anime

ImageImageImageImage

@user-iel That's some great doujin manga you picked there.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:07 am

Get ready for the next one, guys. This could be an explosive revelation in the entire story.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:29 am

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK IS HAPPENING

OH NO YOU DIDN´T SHAFT

YOU JUST DID
FUCKING NOT
I REPEAT:
NOT
DO THIS

Last edited by InstrumentalityOne on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:34 am

Madoka turned into a retard and HomuHomu Homerun-chan became lame

Finally, Madoka jumped the shark! At last!

Going by the pic, that is. I have no fucking idea what IO is going on about, that crazy chinese german

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:41 am

What the flying fuck is this?

What happened to my Hitagi-voiced cold Homura?
And what the fuck is it with these commercials?

Edit:
Ok, Homura confirmed for even awesomer than before.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:54 am

The pic quality looks good for live broadcast stream (and an unofficial one that).

As Satoh Chiaki (Homura's seiyuu) said earlier it was about Homura back story this ep.... She also suggested after this ep, we should check ep.1 again and reinterpret the episode. Anyone doing it now?
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Return to “Anime and Manga”