Rei is quiet..

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:01 am

Man that women looks angry. I missed that frame in the series Tines nice work.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:11 pm

Rei is quiet..

And Asuka is loud
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:38 pm

Defectron wrote:
Rei is quiet..

And Asuka is loud

And some of us likes our womenfolk that way YEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAA!

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:24 pm

Yeah but Ritsuko gets her revenge later when she kills all the remaining Rei
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:28 pm

I never really liked ritsuko.... anyone else?
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:47 pm

TheBlueTree wrote:I never really liked ritsuko.... anyone else?

I've never had a probelm with her character but I don't pay her much mind.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:02 pm

TheBlueTree wrote:I never really liked ritsuko.... anyone else?

About the only character in Evangelion that I actively hate. Well, her and Naoko.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:06 am

I respect Ritsuko and Naoko as very amazing scientists. But emotionaly, they are very unstable, and tend to get extremely and fataly jealous.
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

Trowa_Ayanami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Trowa_Ayanami » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:23 am

I mainly hated Ritsuko in ep. 16 when she says "Under these circumstances, the pilot's life is irrelevant" I never liked her since then.
Spike Spiegel: Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

The follower of the Shinji/Rei paring

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby reagen » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:05 pm

Ritsuko? Well, got no problem with her..she pissed me off in some episodes, though..
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:16 am

I hated Ritsuko when I watched the dub. She was a bitch (and Sue Ulu's voice reminded me of Maria from Sesame Street). Once I switched over to the original, she seemed... cool. Especially with those shades. I want to be like Ritsuko when I grow up; all I have to do is be a genius.

What that has to do with Rei, I don't know.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:36 am

Trowa_Ayanami wrote:I mainly hated Ritsuko in ep. 16 when she says "Under these circumstances, the pilot's life is irrelevant".

By that stage in the series, I was getting to the point of sympathising with Ritsuko's point of view.

@Topic
I always felt that Rei acted like she was more grown up than the other Children, and just having to put up with looking 14.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:00 pm

Na, shes just a doll. taking orders and looking pretty is all she can think of doing.
Mr. Bud

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:06 am

She knows enough to offer constructive practical advice to Asuka in ep22 about how to recover her piloting skills; and is the sensible one in ep 11 even if she lets herself be overruled by Asuka.

BTW

Happy 4th birthday today to our red-headed lovely!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Six Winged Angel
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Six Winged Angel » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:49 pm

there is an ancient (spartan) greek saying that says something like that:

to lakonizein esti filosofein(=the way of not speaking much but saying only the importand ones is philosophy, orrr something like that)

so, Rei is some kind of philosopher, that's why 8) (I'm kidding of course :P)
~But someday you will come to understand that on your back, there are wings with which you can fly on the distant future.

Takumi Fujiwara
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Takumi Fujiwara » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:39 am

Rei is what would happen if Osaka from Azumanga Daioh was cloned and then deprived of human contact for a few years.
PROJECT D
The AE-86 is on the Road, All's right with the world.

Oryval
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Oryval » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:49 am

TsubasaNoKoikokoro wrote:Rei, like Gendou, rarely opens up. But when she does, she is a normal human. As is hinted at in episode 4 where you see Rei smiling and talking to a smiling Gendou.

I don't think that Rei is really smiling or talking that freely with Gendo like we can see on this scene. I mean, look, she react litterally like a little schoolgirl in front of him.

IMO, I believe that this is the perception of the scene by Shinji, an amplification due to his jealousy, what Shinji would like his relationship with his father to be. It's hinted afterward that the relationship Rei shared with Shinji was not like the one she was having with Gendo, she never ever once thanked him, and I think she would even less gossiping with him.

It's just a theory, it's just as credible that Rei and Gendo can separate job and free time.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:57 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:@Topic
I always felt that Rei acted like she was more grown up than the other Children, and just having to put up with looking 14.

Interesting thought. I had something like this, but not exactly. I would say that she... she felt that she is different from those around her, so she thought that if she leaves them in peace, than they'll do the same, and so there'll be peace. And from this point of view, is there anything that she could talk about with the others? Not too much, with the exception of coincidences, where she talks to others. Another thing: when Asuka starts whining in the lift, she tries to help her, which means a dozen things. Mostly that she cares about the others (+ the part when she was ment to protect Shinji from Ramiel's beam->sign of inner feelings, not just obedience. She asks: "All I need to do is to protect him?" "Yes." "Understood." (not accurate, I know)), which means that she has a special reason for staying mute. Maybe she is afraid of others. It'd be great to see Ayanami in Shinji's place in the Instrumentality Project (the two parts where Shinji's personality is discussed). I'm interested in both the questions and the answers. And there is her poem-like monolog - it is more than just a couple of words, 'cause its a poem, I think. And dolls don't write poems, BlueTree. Nor they use complex words, sentences, nor they think. Ayanami uses complex words and sentences, and she thinks a lot. In part XY, she lies on her bed, and thinks, just to mention one scene of the many. Although I cannot deny the fact that she is over-obedient, but she recovers from that state in the end. And as I see, she evolved. And dolls don't evolve. And if they do, than they are called pets. And as I see, Ayanami can speak, better than any animal, so she is not a pet either. So we came to the fact, that she is human - or maybe more, but that is pretty close to exaggeration. She is a creature of feelings and thoughts, so don't call her a doll, unless you want to see this post again. :wink:
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:40 pm

pokemon dolls evolve :P lol

I guess you have a slight point. she thinks a lot.... but she barely acts on it.
Mr. Bud

Seele 08

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Faußtin » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:52 pm

We don't see her doing anything. Just wonder about how she spends her day. I don't think she stays motion-/emotionless... :D
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”