Asuka's New (Q) Plugsuit Discussion

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Asuka's New (Q) Plugsuit Discussion

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Mon May 02, 2011 12:01 pm

SPLIT from here. ~SSD

View Original Postarahij wrote:Newtype CM (Eva 2.0 spoilers) http://youtu.be/fwlg-_Fv1QU

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:So people don't have to keep referring back to the Youtube video, I made a screenshot of the images earlier today:

THE TEST SUIT IS DEAD

LONG LIVE THE NEW PLUGSUIT

Something interesting to note, by the way: the plugsuit appears to be modeled half after the original Unit 05's plugsuit (note the ribbed breast and circular...plug-looking...thingy...I don't know what it is...on the rib cage) and half after the conventional plugsuit. Given that the Unit 05-styled side is the same as her eyepatch I am definitely inclined to call shenanigans.

Also the collar kind of looks like Unit 02's helmet, but that might just be lighting

Also, are my eyes deceiving me or is there like...a red sash around her waist or something?

Also I guess they're going to fix Unit 02 because that's the number on it...
Last edited by Azathoth on Mon May 02, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon May 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Asuka goes Guts on us? HELL YEAH

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon May 02, 2011 12:09 pm

That new Asuka look is awesome.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon May 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Aye, love me some pirate Asuka.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Shogo-Kun » Mon May 02, 2011 12:44 pm

Ah, Japan. The only country that has ads for magazines....

Also, FUCK YEAH!!! New Asuka looks beast!!!
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 02, 2011 12:49 pm

I'm assuming Asuka's new plugsuit is going to be modeled after the "new generation" plugsuits that Mari and Kaworu have (the 2.22 DVD/BD booklet discuss this: http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=446781#446781 ), but I guess we'll see. This Newtype image could just be somewhat promotional and the final version would be altered in the film, for all we know. (Nice to see Mitsuishi getting some work in. :smirk: )

Damn I can't wait for the Q News in this~! :boingy:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Mon May 02, 2011 1:04 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I'm assuming Asuka's new plugsuit is going to be modeled after the "new generation" plugsuits that Mari and Kaworu have (the 2.22 DVD/BD booklet discuss this:

To look at the cover, you wouldn't think so...there's no trace of the "core" in the center of the chest or the three down-swept "ribs", or even the double collar on the neck. As I mentioned above, it looks like a hybrid of the normal Unit 02 suit and the Unit 05 suit.

Of course it may change by the time Q is complete, but on this evidence I don't think we'll be seeing Asuka in a new-generation suit (or, sadly, a new-generation Eva).
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon May 02, 2011 1:07 pm

What's weird is that ribbing is only on the left side of the plugsuit and the right side looks normal. Also some weird bandages or something around her right forearm? Also she has Kaworu's spear just for looks?

View Original PostShogo-Kun wrote:Ah, Japan. The only country that has ads for magazines....

No, not really: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=magazine+commercial&aq=f

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Mon May 02, 2011 1:16 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:What's weird is that ribbing is only on the left side of the plugsuit and the right side looks normal. Also some weird bandages or something around her right forearm? Also she has Kaworu's spear just for looks?

Yeah, the plugsuit is distinctly asymmetrical. I wouldn't be surprised if her right arm was bandaged - Soryu's is in 1MF, after all. It's really hard to tell but I also think there's some kind of the same red "bandaging" around her midsection.

As to the spear - our female models must be fondling a phallic object if we are to sell magazines. :emogendo: I don't know, hasn't Rei been associated with the Lance of Longinus in marketing before? I don't know how much it's indicative of any real connection.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Mon May 02, 2011 1:35 pm

View Original Postarahij wrote:Newtype CM (Eva 2.0 spoilers) http://youtu.be/fwlg-_Fv1QU

Hm, so-so... there are some design elements that i think are cool (gotta love the collar and the bandage arm), but overall, i would have loved to see something more radical.

Also, possible Angelic contamination, and they employ a breastplate similar to Mari's boobgrabbing ones.... it's suspicious, to say the leastwhy is everybody in this show a f*cking Angel?.

On a sidenote, lots of people can yell in an obnoxiously over agitated manner, but none can do it quite like Kotono Mitsuishi.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon May 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Somehow when I first looked at that image I didn't realize that they're (well, apparently) going with Shikinami having a wink and a nod to BOTH EoE injuries Soryu received (not just left eye, but her right arm), yet stylized for the plugsuit due to Bardiel'ed. Pretty cool nod (and cool looking), I guess.

I think Asuka holding that Mark 06 Spear is just to look cool, similar to how NGE!Rei in promo images is holding the Lance of Longinus (though Rei holding it does fit somewhat thematically with Lilith versus Adam and Eva-00 sticking the Lance into Lilith).
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Mon May 02, 2011 2:07 pm

Yes!! I like Shikinami new plugsuit
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Mon May 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Well, it's an improvement over the test suit alright, but that's not saying much. :P

I'm not sure if this is really supposed to be a new proper plugsuit though. Dunno if it's just for this promo picture or will be featured in the actual movie like this, but it looks an awful lot like it's just "patched" together (in b4 fanwank), with all the tape (seems more fitting than "bandages", especially in the midsection (better seen in fullscreen)) on it, or for example, one leg has the traditional black stripe, the other the test suit's sensor thingy.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon May 02, 2011 4:14 pm

ah! That proved it's Q stuff!
Yay, new Material, new Material, finally new material!
What does the spoken text in the add say, tough?

Still, once again, the trailers lied: No trace of the green stripes at the shoulders, less blue neck elemetns (sadly).
The redisigned Eyepatch is cool, tough.

The bandage-y elements (There's also some on her waist) make me wonder whether it's the actual suit or an artistic depiction...
What would also point towards that is that the right boob-protector sorta resembles the unit 05 suit one - or is it made of parallelograms? Damn, I need a higher resolution pic! She also has the "crotch accent lines" of Mari's pink plugsuit. She has noticeably less body fat down there.
The new design of the red/black parts, those incredibly cool blue elements on her legs, and of course the bandage things are unique, tough.
She also still has the round wrist pieces of the "NERV Children" in contrast to the bulky ones with two buttons used by the "rogue elements" Mari and Kaworu.
I like the color/shine effects on the bandage parts, they look like flowing blood - perfect for Asuka's character!
Also, the asymetry is impossibly cool and epic.
Still, this and the asymetries are probably due to her injuries. I wonder if she's gonna have scars, that would make her look cool and war-like. Is it me or has she gotten thinner?
Also, how sensitive of them to use Asuka as cover since her fans were slightly upset.
Also, wasn't Kaworu's lance red? Maybe it's a replica (like the EoE ones who were also black. Since Seele used this lance/had plenty of access to it, it would be plausible for the Rebuild!Replica lances to look like that - Asuka is often portrayed holding replica lances.)
Does that mean... teh Harpies battle? Or something similar?
I dunno, just speculations.

Anyway, I#m not even much an Asuka fan, and even I am impressed by how cool and warrior-like she looks here.
If there's a new plugsuit, she'll probably wear it. Looks like we're in for some epic battle!
Oh, I so wanna see Asuka do something epic in that epic suit! I love it, I love it! Sorry, green unit 05 suit, but I think I have a new favourite plugsuit now.
The "tattered" look just helps the "war like" feel of it.

As I said various times, Asuka's personal plot was more advanced than that of the others (Rei is at 23, Shinji at 19, Asuka was in EoE already, it was compressed a lot) so what we're going to see is Asuka "rising from the grave/Asuka in full bloom" (à la EoE battle) in some form.
That outfit really makes her look mighthy. The wounds are there and they left scars, but they're mended now, they aren't keeping her from kicking ass... or well, we'll see.
SO COOL!
FINALLY NEW STUFF, YAY!
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon May 02, 2011 6:49 pm

View Original PostMaskedOmega wrote:You guys really love to talk about Asuka's plugsuit and her eye patch.

I now reserve the right to call her a salty sea wench.

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Asuka looks pissed and sad. And absolutely ready to kick ass. What is she doing with the LoL, I wonder, though?

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon May 02, 2011 8:52 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon May 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Not only is the plugsuit a weird, asymmetrical hybrid, the top of the collar looks like it has four white teeth, or Eva-03's head with four white eyes sticking up. Pretty darn creepy, that plugsuit...
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Mon May 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”