Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:47 pm

I'd be careful with the nail polish. Lacquer like that can react badly with certain kinds of plastics and rubbers.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:51 pm

View Original Postdedguy wrote:I'd be careful with the nail polish. Lacquer like that can react badly with certain kinds of plastics and rubbers.

Yeah, but the polish never touches the "plastic"... Only the paint and the lacquer that the figure already has from the fabric...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

dedguy
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby dedguy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Yeah I was just talking in general terms. I tend to default to acrylics for just about everything since it will dry and stick to just about anything. Granted oils and lacquers can look better in certain applications. They're just so hard to deal with though. Clean up, dry time, and the aforementioned reaction problems.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:10 am

I'ts alive! :mwahaha:

Gentlemen (dunno if there's any gals around)
The girl with the red eyes...

[url]http://evaposers.blogspot.com/2010/08/girl-with-red-eyes.html[/url]

TKZ insomniac!

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:32 am

Nice work!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Take a look at Figma Asuka ! man those expression are awesome wich confirm my fear, the normal plug version will have bland expression or dazzed one, and it looks the clip in the head can be switched,like i wanted.
but DAMN, i'll ahve to get two asukas to make one i want, curse you figma ,why are so mean ?

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/14191/Figma+Asuka+Previews.html
ANATA BAKA !?

facespace
Lilith

Postby facespace » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Has anyone built any of the Eva model kits? I am thinking of picking up one, but I am not sure if it is as fun and complicated as the gundam model kits that are currently on the market. The only model that seems worth buying is the perfect grade Eva unit 01, but seeing how expensive it is, I can't really afford it. So realistically I would have to buy one of the lesser priced models, my real question is, what is the quality of the models and how difficult are they?
PEWPEWPEW

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Lonecow12 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:59 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Take a look at Figma Asuka ! man those expression are awesome wich confirm my fear, the normal plug version will have bland expression or dazzed one, and it looks the clip in the head can be switched,like i wanted.
but DAMN, i'll ahve to get two asukas to make one i want, curse you figma ,why are so mean ?

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/14191/Figma+Asuka+Previews.html

the original prototype had her come with a Wonderswan instead of a cellphone, which sucks because that is the same thing the Revoltech one comes with. ah well. I have no problem buying every Asuka figure released.

Red suit and school outfit will be next I'm sure.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:10 pm

where did you got that information from ? all prototypes pics i saw were her by herself,no acessory.
Also, it makes sense that the game be released with normal version Asuka,since it will problably come with the depressed,dazzed expresion to fit.
ANATA BAKA !?

unit450
Adam

Eva Model Kits & Curses!

Postby unit450 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:41 pm

View Original Postfacespace wrote:Has anyone built any of the Eva model kits? I am thinking of picking up one, but I am not sure if it is as fun and complicated as the gundam model kits that are currently on the market. The only model that seems worth buying is the perfect grade Eva unit 01, but seeing how expensive it is, I can't really afford it. So realistically I would have to buy one of the lesser priced models, my real question is, what is the quality of the models and how difficult are they?

They can be enjoyable, just keep in mind they are not gonna be as stable as any of Bandai's MS kits though. The smaller ones are marked as HGs, but are pretty close to a MG kit with a minimal inner frame to them; especially if you've gotten one of the Rebuild kits.

PG Evangelion Unit-01... Would NOT recommend that kit to anyone. Its the first PG kit Bandai made, and I swear its the physical form of the curse Otsuki put on anything Eva Bandai produces merchandise wise. The problems I most associate with it, is a rubber suit so thick it breaks the external armour parts where they connect to the inner frame when you move(waist and neck pieces are the worst). Then the armour parts were molded way too thin for something this large, it wouldn't be too bad if it was the orginal just SUPER fragile after assembly. The L.E. Metallic-Finish Ver. is where its at its worst, if you have this version of it you'll break around half the Eva's armour trying to attach it to the inner frame just(or they'll break off after assembly when you breath on it; whatever happens first).

Anyways this kit has been discontinued, and WILL be pretty hard to find especially the regular version since its the least problematic. Still if your looking at one, and pick it up, get ALL the right tools for this kit; I'd even recommend you pick up a resin-kit to copy youself a set of the armour pieces as a back-up. Definitely gonna do that when I get mine.

-STILL, gonna keep my fingers crossed Bandai announces a PG Eva Unit-01 Ver 2.0 as this Winter's new PG release.-
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

macrochaos
Lilith

Re: Eva Model Kits & Curses!

Postby macrochaos » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:08 pm

View Original Postunit450 wrote:They can be enjoyable, just keep in mind they are not gonna be as stable as any of Bandai's MS kits though. The smaller ones are marked as HGs, but are pretty close to a MG kit with a minimal inner frame to them; especially if you've gotten one of the Rebuild kits.

[/b]

Near MG?
i gotta try one of those

does anyone knows the diferece between the 1.0 and the 2.0 versions of Sho?

Edit:
Hey, arael (the guy thas has the eva posers blog)
does the Eva 01 f-type comes with rubber arms?

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:15 am

Fuck yeah, Robot Damashii Eva Unit-03 announced for December release. 3,800 yen.

After Unit-00 was made an exclusive, I was afraid everything else would be also, or not get a release at all.

[URL=http://img713.imageshack.us/i/eva03.jpg/]Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img412.imageshack.us/i/eva032.jpg/]Image[/URL]

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:48 am

YES, insomaniac, thanks ! dont like the trasnparent entry plug though,Bandai certainly knows how to capitalise on it's adversary weakness.
i love me som bardiel.
edit: its not cheaper is a little more expensive, wtf ? for a 2 pairs of elongated arms and 2 head pieces ?[/s]
ANATA BAKA !?

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:46 pm

Going a little off topic, are there any news on figma's Rei? When will that come out?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Eva Model Kits & Curses!

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:05 pm

View Original Postmacrochaos wrote:Hey, arael (the guy thas has the eva posers blog)
does the Eva 01 f-type comes with rubber arms?

Nah... Plain plastic 'cuz the armor can hide the elbow... Still don't like it much... Personally I would not recommend a Bandai Kit: they may not be hard to assemble, but the posing limitations are just annoying, specially after you know about Revoltechs and Damashii's. Come on! they don't even come with a display base! (I think it's sold separately, so, please...)

So... More than Eva-03 the Damashii it's Bardiel... Curse them... Once again they offer u something Revoltech "forgot" to make... First the Thunderspear (wich they latter made); then the giant missile and then the extra arms!
I considered in "adapting" the extra pair od elongated arms I have (the ones of my now Eva-04)... But I can't come with any ideas of how to do so...

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:22 pm

View Original PostAchtungAffen wrote:Going a little off topic, are there any news on figma's Rei? When will that come out?

next year,becouse mari comes in october, Asuka in december.
ANATA BAKA !?

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Santa, have I ever told you how much I love you?

Postby Killer Bee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:04 pm

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:Fuck yeah, Robot Damashii Eva Unit-03 announced for December release. 3,800 yen.

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Asuka [Figma] in december.

Welp, I know what I'm getting myself for Christmas this year.

Lonecow12
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Lonecow12 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:20 pm

You guys seen this?

Make your own NERV HQ! Collect the whole set! Can't wait to see it in color:

http://tomopop.com/newest-evangelion-blind-boxed-set-offers-something-a-little-different-13897.phtml

Kind of Pricey and no guarantee you'll get the whole thing.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:02 pm

oooohh, that's definitely worth it, i so hope i get the war room, dont really care about the rest.
with my luck i'll get triplicates and no war room :(
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:07 pm

CURSE THEM!
Another set for not having...
Though... I would reconsider once I know their size... Unless I'm mistaken one of those sets is Lilith in [s:1isncuel]his[/s:1isncuel] [s:1isncuel]her[/s:1isncuel] [s:1isncuel]its[/s:1isncuel] (?) cross...
Well... Y'all know I would do with a Revoltech-scale Lilith :naughty:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”