Eva Action Figures (including Rebuild) [1]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:03 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:I have 2 questions For RD owners.

1-Does anyone have those bandai assembly unit for rebuild, not the hcm the other one with hidden arm articulation, anyone knows if they are in scale with RD ?

Unfortunately i dont have what you are referring to. What are Bandai Assembly units anyways?

View Original Postbladerj wrote:2-What does your eva smell of ?
seriously....my smell of burned rubber, and i got a lot of singed surfaces on it,my spear gun has burned smudge on the gun handle that even smeared the ink, i have burned shoulder pilons with part of liquified plastic on top of it, my eva 01 has a burned smear on the back of the head.

I am sorry to hear that you have such deficiencies. Both your Unit 01 and Unit 02 have issues? Man that sucks! So far from the five RD Evas i currently have, no such problems with burned plastic, melted parts or burning smell. You probably just got really unlucky with the poor saps at the Chinese factory not doing their job of scanning for defects properly.

My own RD Evas smell fine. Which is to say they smell like a plastic fork or spoon. No burn marks or odd smell with mine. If you want Eva figures that smell weird, look no further than the Revo Evas.

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Also for you guys who got the first wave of RD, how stiff is/was the articulation of the toes,legs and ankles, my were REEEALLY stiff i was afraid to break them.

I just want to ask. You have played with other action figures before right? While my all my RD Evas had initially stiff joints, the more you play with them, the more loose they become. I havent played around as much with my Unit 02 and 00 and therefore they remain stiffiest. But not so stiff that im scared of breaking them.

If you must know i just played around with Unit 00, the stiffest of my RD Evas and yes i can confirm for you that the legss and toe joints are extremely stiff. However, fear not, none of them have broke on me. You just need to move them a bit more to loosen them up. RD Evas are much less fragile than Revoltech Evas. Fear not Bladerj!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:04 pm

OMG OMG OMG!!!!
AT LAST!
THE ONLY REASON I EVER HAD FOR BUYING A RD IS GONE FOREVER DUDES!!!!!!!

ANS IT'S LABELED #104!
IT'S NOT AN EXCLUSIVE!!!!

I... I... I need to change my underwear...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:08 pm

I mean HG eva-00 from evangelion 1.0, the place i was looking didnt have a proper description,but now i saw a review.
edit: i have other figures, but even my cloth myth poseidon and siegfried the stiffiest of them were not like this, my eva 02 toe and ankle looked as if it was glued.

@arael
104 is ?....
Edit: i fail to see how these robots make you so happy http://www.bmecha.com/mecha-robot-toy/kaiyodo-revoltech-no-103-z-o-e-jehuty-zone-of-enders/
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:14 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:@arael
104 is ?....

The number of the new Eva 00, if it has a number, it's not an exclusive :w00:

Now, the image of unit 05, above it reads "number 10x" and I can't read it from Eva 03... Anyhow I'm pretty happy with my Eva 05, so unless it comes with something really good, I'll pass...
About Eva 03... I want more pics 1st...
When is this famous Wonderfest?

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:21 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:The number of the new Eva 00, if it has a number, it's not an exclusive :w00: ?

Is that so ? can anyone confirm ? i wont get unless it comes with gatling gun, i hope revo eva 03 is not exclusive too and force bandai to re-release eva 03 not exclusive.
ANATA BAKA !?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:25 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Is that so ? can anyone confirm ? i wont get unless it comes with gatling gun, i hope revo eva 03 is not exclusive too and force bandai to re-release eva 03 not exclusive.

Bladerj you dont have the RD Eva 00? And yeah kudos to Kaiyodo Revoltech for 1uping Bandai. Personally though, im sitll not sold on these new Revoltech Eva Evos. Im satisfied with just owning my current collection of Revoltechs and RD Evas....

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:29 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Bladerj you dont have the RD Eva 00? And yeah kudos to Kaiyodo Revoltech for 1uping Bandai. Personally though, im sitll not sold on these new Revoltech Eva Evos. Im satisfied with just owning my current collection of Revoltechs and RD Evas....

Nope, remember, i'm the poor guy from a tax heavy country who god cursed post office stole my first batch of RD 01 and 02, so i had to let go of 00 to buy them again before they vanish from the ends of the earth, i would not have 00 alone, i only wanted it for the gatling gun alone.
ANATA BAKA !?

RMZX
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby RMZX » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:11 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Image

Wow, totally called it.
:|

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:14 pm

Well the reason the Z.O.E. revos are so awesome comes down to if you played the game,I played both games and love the mechs plus its new revo thats not an eva which is why most people are excited lol In one of those pics it said "Anubis" god I hope theyre making it.

Anyway back on topic, my RDs got no defects cept alittle stiffness which is gone now and my unit 01 had a loose torso but I fixed that.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

macrochaos
Lilith

Postby macrochaos » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:58 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:I have 2 questions For RD owners.

1-Does anyone have those bandai assembly unit for rebuild, not the hcm the other one with hidden arm articulation, anyone knows if they are in scale with RD ?

You mean the HG non-scale model kits?

Nope not in scale
My Revo eva 01's horn barely reaches the black dome on the chest(the armor piece that hides the core)
my guess is that a RD eva 01's horn would reach the chest plates

HG Eva 01 2.0 ver is 21.5 cm to the top of the head
I really recommend it if you are into model kits

SEELE-01 wrote:Mexican mail sucks... I think they lost an envelope a friend sent me from NY...
Waitaminit...

I know exactly what you mean
a small SAL shipping took around 40 week days to arrive

SEELE-01 wrote:Who else bought the Eva 01?

I did not but will be

Evangelion 01
Embryo

Postby Evangelion 01 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:13 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:The number of the new Eva 00, if it has a number, it's not an exclusive :w00:

Now, the image of unit 05, above it reads "number 10x" and I can't read it from Eva 03... Anyhow I'm pretty happy with my Eva 05, so unless it comes with something really good, I'll pass...
About Eva 03... I want more pics 1st...
When is this famous Wonderfest?
THANK YOU KAIYODO!...*ahem* here's to hopeing 03 is a reg release too but I'll be happy with 00 Kai if it isn't.I still wish Bandai would make more Evangelion gokins or reissue the Specs and Rahxephon and Jushin Liger*the Mecha* would get the action figure treatment however.
Shinji/Rei/Mana shipper and fan of Evangelions 00,01 and 03

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:41 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:2-What does your eva smell of ?
seriously....my smell of burned rubber, and i got a lot of singed surfaces on it,my spear gun has burned smudge on the gun handle that even smeared the ink, i have burned shoulder pilons with part of liquified plastic on top of it, my eva 01 has a burned smear on the back of the head.

Also for you guys who got the first wave of RD, how stiff is/was the articulation of the toes,legs and ankles, my were REEEALLY stiff i was afraid to break them.

Mine doesn't smell like anything, and haven't heard of those issues from others, so I can't say.

I have all the Eva RDs (haven't opened Unit-03), and with the exception of the regular release of Unit-01 (which is the stiffest), I think all the joints were fine.

I loved the stiffness in the toes/ankles, it's what makes them stand so comfortable, maybe it just takes a bit of time to get used to from other figures, who often have loose ankles/toes and thus can't even stand properly!

Eva-01 had fairly stuff tights (okay if careful), and the hands were a little annoying to change, due to stiffness. But I thought Unit-02, Unit-00, and The Beast were all fine. The Beast had super fluid articulation, and was really easy to pose with actually.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:16 pm

View Original Postmacrochaos wrote:You mean the HG non-scale model kits?

Nope not in scale
My Revo eva 01's horn barely reaches the black dome on the chest(the armor piece that hides the core)
my guess is that a RD eva 01's horn would reach the chest plates

HG Eva 01 2.0 ver is 21.5 cm to the top of the head
I really recommend it if you are into model kits

Thanks, then they are too big for my purpose.
ANATA BAKA !?

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:53 pm

The HG models are basically in scale with the old Kaiyodo Xebec figures, I used to mix them together. Here's an old pic of my old kits. (before they went in the trash)

[URL=http://img535.imageshack.us/i/dsc00762k.jpg/]Image[/URL]

macrochaos
Lilith

Postby macrochaos » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:59 pm

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:(before they went in the trash)

Why?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:23 pm

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:The HG models are basically in scale with the old Kaiyodo Xebec figures, I used to mix them together. Here's an old pic of my old kits. (before they went in the trash)

[URL=http://img535.imageshack.us/i/dsc00762k.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Woah!!! What happened to the Asuka and Rei? Statue leaners i see. Seems like their legs failed them.....shame.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:55 pm

View Original Postmacrochaos wrote:Why?

Out of space...too many toys. Replaced all 3 with the Kaiyodo Xebec figures instead. I still have the Eva-01, since I repainted it somewhere down the line, but the rest were painted when I was 13. (though they still look pretty okay considering that)

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Woah!!! What happened to the Asuka and Rei? Statue leaners i see. Seems like their legs failed them.....shame.

They're PVCs, I think it's the heat...the Asuka was like that out of the box. Took them back out of the box several years down the road, and they were fine again. But I think it's better that they stay in their boxes...

They're Banpresto stuff, so got them for like $15 bucks each anyway.

Edit: Got an email from amiami. The Rei figma has been delayed into February. No surprises there.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:04 am

View Original Postinsomniac wrote:Out of space...too many toys. Replaced all 3 with the Kaiyodo Xebec figures instead

You! YOU MONSTER!!!
Do you know how many times I have changed the Holy place in with my Evas are?
4!

And coming to think of it, the current one is running out of space... I guess that in 2 or 3 more Evas I'll need a new place to store them... Shame, I think this one was the best one yet...
And you want me to use precious little space on a RD!!!

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:09 pm

i just burned my revoltech eva 02, too ugly,too smelly, and i didnt manage to resell in 2 months of online sale, so to the hell with it, burned money ? BURNED TOY !
No mercy from me.
ANATA BAKA !?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:41 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:And coming to think of it, the current one is running out of space... I guess that in 2 or 3 more Evas I'll need a new place to store them... Shame, I think this one was the best one yet...
And you want me to use precious little space on a RD!!!

*Sigh* I liken the old Revoltech Evas as being old rickety typewriters. While the RD Evas are like desktop PCs. Some people just like to stick with the old typewriters i guess. Shame.... :shrug:

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”