TOTALLY AWESOME DINOSAUR PEOPLE [split]

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

TOTALLY AWESOME DINOSAUR PEOPLE [split]

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:12 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Apparently, Lilith "chose the form" for us, but since NGE seems to support evolution from primordial ooze, I guess we could interpret that to mean that she chooses which filthy animals to [s]bless[/s] condemn with the gift of the human soul. And since humans are vain creatures, this means whichever species looks most like the one she came from.

I keep having these weird notions in my head of Lilith somehow nudging evolution a certain way, and, whenever things don't seem to be going quite as planned, she lets a mass-extinction happen.

"Well, dinosaurs, I've given you plenty of time to get your spines vertical and your crania round, but looks like it isn't gonna happen. Time to break up your monopoly and let the milk-suckers have a chance."

Yea, I can totally see that. Or maybe a meteor really did fuck up everything.

Lilith: "Well, sorry, but in my original plan, dinosaurs were going to become badass space-warriors with absolutely no existential angst, have no inner conflict or war, and only fight for fun and sport. They were the path to spiritual contentment and enlightenment."

SEELE: "Then the path is clear. We must use Third Impact to return humanity to it's original form, and become one with our divine birthright. We must become TOTALLY AWESOME DINOSAUR PEOPLE."

Shinji: "Wicked!"

KOM SUSSER TODD HEAVY METAL THRASH REMIX YEAAAAAA
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:14 pm

DinoShinji would still have stegosaurus' dilemma
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:16 pm

A dinosaur version of EVA would be awesome.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Kodaemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kodaemon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:43 pm

I just imagined naked Rei riding a dinosaur.

Too much Dresden Codak.
just a signature

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:24 pm

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:Lilith: "Well, sorry, but in my original plan, dinosaurs were going to become badass space-warriors with absolutely no existential angst, have no inner conflict or war, and only fight for fun and sport. They were the path to spiritual contentment and enlightenment."

SEELE: "Then the path is clear. We must use Third Impact to return humanity to it's original form, and become one with our divine birthright. We must become TOTALLY AWESOME DINOSAUR PEOPLE."

Shinji: "Wicked!"

KOM SUSSER TODD HEAVY METAL THRASH REMIX YEAAAAAA

I want to have your babies.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:31 pm

View Original PostNemZ with the Cryolophosaurus-headed Rei avatar wrote:DinoShinji would still have stegosaurus' dilemma

To be picky, in some ridiculous alternate Evangelion universe where the Lilin are dinosaur descendants, they probably would have arisen from the maniraptors, which includes all them birds and near-birds.

So, sometime after 65mya, a bunch of semi-arboreal maniraptors do the unthinkable and start developing these hideous vertically-oriented spines, and start losing all of their integument except head plumage and a little downy fuzz, and get these big rounded crania. All of the other animals start kicking the Hominiraptor's collective ass, because they walk funny, but then Lilith claps her hands, and all of a sudden the hatchlings are being born with the souls of long-dead aliens -- who know how to burn shit dead.

Since maniraptors feed their young by vomiting into their throats instead of breast-feeding, does this mean that dino-Shinji would be obsessed with crops (as in stomach-crops) instead? Would he be quite so eager to throttle Asuka's neck this time around, considering the neck's status in this universe as the glorious appendage through which life's milk propels from parent to child?

[Edited to avoid further misunderstandings.]
Last edited by Reichu on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:45 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Would he be throttling the glorious appendage from which life's milk had propelled forth (=neck)?

I didn't see the "(=neck)" part there at first. I was a little worried about Shinji's horniness for a second there.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Nah... I vote for dinomaidens with fun bags. If Howard the Duck can give us ducktits, anything is possible.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:17 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I vote for dinomaidens with fun bags.

:puts dunce cap on NemZ and sends him to the corner for advocating Non-Mammalian Mammaries:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 pm

I'm sure he knows it's impossible, but a man can dream, can't he?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Then how will we know which one is Misato? ^_^

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:15 pm

She'll be the one with the purple feathers.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Pen-Pen will of course be the one and only primeape. It'll be trippy as hell.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Kodaemon
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kodaemon » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:43 pm

The one and only what?
just a signature

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Yeah, primeape? Like the Pokemon?
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:37 pm

View Original PostAshPhoenix wrote:Yeah, primeape? Like the Pokemon?

Not just like the Pokemon, but the actual Pokemon.

Sik
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sik » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:09 am

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Not just like the Pokemon, but the actual Pokemon.

Not just like the actual Pokemon, but the PET of a Pokemon.
The Beast!

rhfxz1s
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby rhfxz1s » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:50 am

If the lilim were actually dinosaurs, they would probably have a huge problem since they would never be able to build the Evas. Aside form the obvious lack of thumbs and whatnot, what if dinosaur Shinji was too big to fit inside Unit 01? Also, dinosaur Shinji fapping to comatose Asuka would probably end up going horribly, horribly wrong.

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby BornIn1142 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:53 am

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:Aside form the obvious lack of thumbs and whatnot, what if dinosaur Shinji was too big to fit inside Unit 01?

Obviously, the Evas would just be proportionally bigger.
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:01 pm

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:Also, dinosaur Shinji fapping to comatose Asuka would probably end up going horribly, horribly wrong.

If he even could. It depends on whether he was a long-armed dinosaur or a short-armed dinosaur.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”