What are you watching right now? (tv series + see OP!)

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

movieartman
Pilot
Pilot

Re: What are you watching right now? (tv series + see OP!)

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:55 am

Gonna start the new Swamp Thing series as soon as I re watch the old 80s movie adaption. (and maybe it's sequel)

I started 24 S5 a few months ago but fell off it. Hope to finish it before the end of the year. Not a fan of the subplot with Logan's wife.

Over the course of the year me and my mom have been watching random episodes/arcs of The West Wing which she loves.

View Original PostRei IV wrote:I'm watching an episode marathon on the old Law and Order series (the original) from its 9th season (1998-1999). Classic.

^_^

I watched most of the first 2 seasons last year, I need to resume it.

::KL7::
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:34 pm

I finally caught up on the magicians! I marathoned the last 2 seasons just in time for the season 5 premier. I wish I would've read the books before to prepare me, I wasn't expecting a lot of things to play out the way they did. If anyone has just started watching, season 3's episode a life in the day is a masterpiece on par (in my opinion) with some of my favorite Dr. Who episodes.
I've had to many IPA's.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:42 pm

The books are very different from the series. The plot points from the first two novels are roughly similar to seasons 1-3, divrging harder as each season goes until they're effectively unrelated.

Frankly, I consider the show a much better excecution of the basic concept than the books. The books are... mopey, for lack of a better word, and the ending that Grossman wrote tries too hard to be literary, as opposed to the Season 4 finale, which was really earned by the cast and scripts. The show also has some amazing moments that flow from a visual medium as opposed to prose.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:40 am

I watched all of Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts' first season in a single sitting yesterday. I'd never heard if it before and it looked like a fun way to kill a few hours. Wasn't disappointed! If you've seen the new She-Ra, you have some idea of what to expect in terms of look and tone. I'd also describe the feel very crudely as "what if Adventure Time and Avatar: TLA had a baby". Looking forward to seeing the story continue!

Return to “Film and Video”