Blood Staining the Moon (Scrapped Scene)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:19 pm

View Original PostSomeone wrote:^Maybe it's just the angle?

Mare Tranquilitatis (location of the moon base) is visible in that shot, but the stain isn't. I.e., too small to see from Earth without a telescope.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:25 pm

It doesn't matter what angle it is, if it's not visible from Earth, it's never visible from Earth because the moon rotates at the same rate that it revolves.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:17 pm

View Original PostLegendary wrote:Guess what? Someone who'd never heard of NGE or Sequel Theory but who just watched the movies would assume that Kaworu and Shinji had simply interacted in the past. And that's all it takes.

Every claim for sequel theory is either refutable, not actually proof of a sequel (hint, Star Wars didn't have Alderaan come back in Episode VI so that things would be like Episode IV again for the second Death Star), or vague but explainable.

So far, Shinji's backstory seems to be the same as last time. That is, he had never had significant human interaction prior to 1.0. If Kaworu is referring to something in the Rebuild Universe's past, that means he and Shinji have already shared a significant moment together. That's certainly not impossible, but does seem unlikely. It's the only reason I keep the sequel theory alive. But I'll let it go with that since it's off topic.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:14 pm

It's possible, I'm sure. It is tidally locked with the Earth though, it's not as if it can be facing the wrong direction - and neither Tabgha nor Kaworu looks as if he's on the dark side of the moon.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”