Evangelion 2.0 CRC: Anno Interview

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition").
The third installment debuted in Japan on November 17, 2012.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:45 am

I have little to add for the translation but just want to clarify two bits of translation:

View Original Post1731298478 wrote:「ヒトを捨てる表現、その戦い」というのは難しいですね。作画の良さで、何とかしてもらっています。ホント、2号機の作画はスケジュールのない中で、良くできてます。すごく、いいですね。さすがです。

The struggle to depict the [Eva's] abandonment of humanity was [surely] difficult. Due to the excellence of the sakuga [department?], I just asked them to do something. Really, they did an excellent job, with no time for Unit-02's sakuga on the schedule. Incredible. As is typical of them.

For 作画の良さで、何とかしてもらっています。 I would translate as "I got [some people] to do something about it by way of deploying good sakuga".

View Original Post1731298478 wrote:カラーリングは本機体がユーロとロシア共同開発ということで、R型ミサイル(※20)とユーロスターのイメージで分かりやすくまとめています。これもイメージはあっても配色のバランスがなかなか取れなくて悩んで、時間がかかりました。一度決定にしたんですが、どうにも色数が多くうるさかったので、配色を抑えて再度やり直してもらってます。ホント、ディジタル部には苦労をかけてます。

Since the main body was developed joinly by Europe and Russia, the coloring integrates the images of the R-type rocket [20] and the Eurostar in an easily understandable way. Despite having this image [as a reference?], [Yamashita?] struggled to achieve a balance in the color scheme, and this took time. Although at one point [he] settled on a scheme, the large number of colors was annoying, so I asked him to redo it once more, toning down the coloring. The digital components really caused great difficulty.

For これもイメージはあっても配色のバランスがなかなか取れなくて悩んで、時間がかかりました。I would translate as "Even though we had this image [of integrating the R-type rocket and Eurostar] we struggled to achieve a balance in the color scheme and we ended up taking time."
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby 1731298478 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:54 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:I have little to add for the translation but just want to clarify two bits of translation:

Thank you very much, symbv!!! That really cleared things up for me.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion”