What are you going to do when 3.0 is given a release date?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
pen-pen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby pen-pen » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:28 am

Continuously & painstakingly look for release dates mechas & figurines related to the movie....
BOOMZ!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:42 am

View Original PostBiQ wrote:The media blackout for me too, I guess, starting from the actual premiere of 3.0 in Japan.

...or if I got the monies, then possibly a trip to Japan to see it there in theatres, doesn't matter if I understand a word or not.

I couldn't watch a movie without understanding it - It would be like seing it (being spoiled) and not seing it at the same time...
But I guess we can forget it comming out this year, since most ppl in Japan should have much more to worry about than making movies....

It makes me view many things about the setting of EVA in a new light, as well as the aquarium scene in Rebuild... I mean, this was made in a country that has been nuked, plagued by constant volcanic eruptions etc, there are places where they make little children wear helmets, there's lots of eartquakes, even if hardly any of them are as bad as the latest one.
It's no wonder that a "story of people wanting to live" as the makers called it in the preview for Q would be that sucessfull there...
All those complicates prepared-for-everything measures seen in the show, the underground shelters... this probably doesn't as "science-fiction-ish" to Japanese ppl as it does to us.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Shin-chan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-chan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:30 am

learn Japanese, go to Japan, stay there until movie comes out and watch it

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”