NINTENDO 3DS

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

KogareruAsuka
Adam

NINTENDO 3DS

•      
  •      

Postby KogareruAsuka » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:42 pm

Personally I can't wait to get my hands on one... Seen em in displays at Akihabara station in Tokyo and they look absolutely amazing.

[url]http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/25291/[/url]
Scheiss!... Even without my umbilical cable attached... I've still got 12,000 plates of fortified armor! And I've got my AT field!...There's no way I can lose! EAT THIS ARSCHLOCH!

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:53 pm

I did want one. But then Sony announced the NGP. So therefore, I'm going to wait and see.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:56 pm

I thought we had a 3DS thread. I'll probably go with the NGP instead.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

KogareruAsuka
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby KogareruAsuka » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:00 pm

View Original PostIrkenEvangelion wrote:I did want one. But then Sony announced the NGP. So therefore, I'm going to wait and see.

always a safe bet.. is it gonna be 3D like the Nintendo? Seriously changes the whole game play experience... (haven't actually played one yet..but heard from people who have and seen previews as mentioned) literally gives gaming a whole new dimension.

plus it's backwards compatible so I can trade in me DS XL and don't have to worry about losing all the hard work training me pokemans!

will have to investigate this NGP though... though to be honest i'm a bit of a Nintendo fanboy... everyone else, IMHO, seems to always be playing catch up to those crazy Japanese bastards...

Plus- Legend of Zelda. :asuka_thumbsup:

EDIT: if there is already a 3DS thread i sorry...
Scheiss!... Even without my umbilical cable attached... I've still got 12,000 plates of fortified armor! And I've got my AT field!...There's no way I can lose! EAT THIS ARSCHLOCH!

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Decisions, decisions. But knowing me, I'll end up with both.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:43 pm

View Original PostKogareruAsuka wrote:is it gonna be 3D like the Nintendo?

It won't be 3D. They decided to go with HD-quality graphics instead.

I'm on the fence about the 3DS. I know I'll have to get one eventually because I can't live without my precious Pogeymanz and Professor Layton, but I'll probably just wait until the first Pokemon or Layton 3DS title comes out and get one then. Those and Ocarina of Time are really the only Nintendo games I'm interested in getting.

I'd really like to get an NGP, but region-locking is a big issue for me. If I'm not able to import any Japanese games for it, I probably won't get one.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Will it be region locked? The PSP wasn't so why would they make the NGP?

Here's a little information on the NGP. Pretty impressive specs and the fact that it has so many features, plus a touch back and touch screen...

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:31 pm

I've definitely been looking forward to the Nintendo 3DS since the announcement. Among the announced titles I definitely want
List  SPOILER: Show

-Paper Mario 3DS
-Mario Kart 3DS
-Metal Gear Solid 3DS
-Ocarina of Time remake
-Star Fox 64 remake
-Kid Icarus
-Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright

One of the most interesting features it has, besides the its "3D" effect, would be it's graphic capabilities. I heard about Sony's latest console announcement a few days ago but I hadn't really looked into it yet. Off to Google I go~
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:43 pm

View Original PostIrkenEvangelion wrote:Will it be region locked? The PSP wasn't so why would they make the NGP?

The DS wasn't region locked but the DSi is. Figure that one out.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:51 pm

-
Last edited by Clover on Sat May 02, 2015 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Ehh I'll probably end up getting one, mainly for the Kingdom Hearts game. Not right away of course, but somewhere down the road.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:40 pm

Preordered one today in black. I've played the absolute fuck out of my DSi (and earlier versions all the way back to the magical silver brick) so I expect much win here.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Why do portable game systems have to be so thin today, especially ones with buttons and pads? I understand why designers want the systems themselves to be smaller, but it comes to a point where they're thin enough that it hurts to hold onto them for an extended period of time, especially for big hands like mine.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 pm

I plan to get a 3DS maybe around X-mas time. Right now, none of the games during the day that it comes out makes me want to buy it. Once I see a official release date for the OOT remake and Snake Eater then I will pick it up for sure.

I think I rather spend my money on other games at the moment.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

My long fingers tend to get all jumbled up, though.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:49 pm

View Original PostCorporalChaos wrote:Why do portable game systems have to be so thin today, especially ones with buttons and pads? I understand why designers want the systems themselves to be smaller, but it comes to a point where they're thin enough that it hurts to hold onto them for an extended period of time, especially for big hands like mine.

Because then they couldn't fit in your pocket and little kids would have trouble holding them? And not all of us have massive hamhands, you know.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 pm

I will admit that the 3DS version of Super SF4 looks amazing. Might be the best portable fighter since Tekken Dark Resurrection.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:57 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:Super SF4

I orded that to go with it. :thumbsup:
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:51 pm

Now I know that the 3DS will be region locked, but will a US one be able to play Japanese original DS cartridges. The cartridges themselves aren't region locked so it should be able to play the original ones? I wanna get a DS to play Spice and Wolf and Pokemon Black but I'm not positive.

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Mmm... yes, yes... your anguish sustains me.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 pm

View Original PostIrkenEvangelion wrote:Now I know that the 3DS will be region locked, but will a US one be able to play Japanese original DS cartridges. The cartridges themselves aren't region locked so it should be able to play the original ones? I wanna get a DS to play Spice and Wolf and Pokemon Black but I'm not positive.

All cartridges made after the release of the DSi are region locked. Pokemon Black/White are region locked, as are all other games made after November 2008. You should be fine with any DS games older than that.

JUSTINBAILEY
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JUSTINBAILEY » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:23 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:I will admit that the 3DS version of Super SF4 looks amazing. Might be the best portable fighter since Tekken Dark Resurrection.

Ugh, I can't imagine playing a fighting game like sf4 on a DS, although on second thought they at least have a circle looking analog instead of the D-pad now; that seems like a godsend of a feature. Don't get me wrong I love the D-pad I think its one of the greatest things since sliced bread- I just don't think it goes very well with fighting games.

On different notes.

I'm really hoping that they will step up the pokemon in the next few generations, sure we have 3D but the game hasn't really made any vast improvements in gameplay (except for the physical special split) since gold/silver. I'd really like to see some online capability through wi-fi. being able to share the same world with your friends would be so much more fun than just roaming around with my pokemon with imaginary feelings and personalities. Maybe when you're next to each other you can press "a" to initiate a battle or something.

I'm really looking forward to what they're going to be able to with Zelda games this generation, I actually liked Zeldas DS titles.
J U S T I N - B A I L E Y
_ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:53 am

Got mine in the mail yesterday afternoon but was too busy to check it out until now. 3 words: SO MUCH WIN. I honestly can't believe how amazing the graphics this little guy can put out are, and I'm not just talking about the 3d gimmick.

Minor complaints: I don't care for the placement of the stylus and the select and start buttons will take some getting used to in their new locations. Analog stick is kinda weird, too... sticking with dpad for now on SF4 (same as I do for Alpha 3 on PS2), Nintendo thumbs be damned.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”