Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Evageek Members Similar To Anime Characters

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Title says all, what Evageek members remind you of anime characters or vice versa? Three rules:

1. Explain why they remind you of said individual.

2. You have to state the anime that the character comparison is from.

3. No bashing/making fun of people, lets just have good clean fun.

You may thank Defectron for this idea.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:25 pm

supershinjiasukashipper reminds me of the dog from Gantz.

In more ways than one, but the prominent reason is because we all know SSAS as simply Doggy.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:53 pm

Zapx is plain HNNNNNNNNGH

Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:12 am

We all have a little Shinji in us. That one is self-explanatory.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:18 am

Takanashi. Ah look like him and I like cute things, not as much as he does though... Also I aspire to be a traveling merchant in the post-apocalyptic world and his voice actor also plays Lawrence from Spice and Wolf.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:01 am

Oz says I'm just like this one character in Honey & Clover but I don't remember who he was or reasons why

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:05 am

^ If you were a Japanese art student, you would totally be like Morita from Honey & Clover.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:15 am

View Original PostOz wrote:^ If you were a Japanese art student, you would totally be like Morita from Honey & Clover.

ah yes, Morita!

that still doesn't illuminate the reasons though :P

edit:

okay, I guess might see some...resemblance

However I do NOT chase around lolis and try to make them sit on bigass mushroom, despite everything... <___<

...on second thought that's pretty funny

edit 2:

yeah, he's me :rofl:

I really should watch H&C

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:42 am

^ I was a bit like Takemoto in the second clip when we were in Helsinki. You just wouldn't wake up for breakfast. :lol: And that is only the stuff he does in the first 2 episodes. The resemblance becomes even more creepily obvious later in the series.
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Dark doom
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dark doom » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 am

Xard reminds me of Black Jack..................No idea why................
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

And then we come to the merchandising... facepalm- Mr. Tines

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:09 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:supershinjiasukashipper reminds me of the dog from Gantz.

In more ways than one, but the prominent reason is because we all know SSAS as simply Doggy.

Thanks Sachi. :lol:
In reality though if I pull my hair back and stop shaving for a week or two, I can pull off a pretty good Kaji. Check out my profile pic and use your imagination.
http://forum.evageeks.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4559
Give me a couple of weeks and I might even post a pic of me being Kaji. Just remind me not to shave.

And I know its not from anime, but you still remind me of doctor who. Your a time pimp dude.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:21 am

View Original PostCombs wrote:Zapx is plain HNNNNNNNNGH

This makes me happier than Haruhi on Tanabata.

Most people say I'm like Kyon or Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile. I think those are pretty accurate.

Brik is Kamina, because he pierces heavens and he's our aniki.

oOoOoOo always reminds me of Yuyuko from Touhou. I have no idea why I make that link in my head but it's there.

I'd probably have to think a little on this. I'll post some comparisons for other members as I think of them.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:54 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:supershinjiasukashipper reminds me of the dog from Gantz.

Cute~!

View Original PostZapX wrote:Most people say I'm like Kyon or Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile.

That is too adorable. You definitely get just as flustered! Especially when we talk about my feet. ^_^

oOoOoOo always reminds me of Yuyuko from Touhou. I have no idea why I make that link in my head but it's there.

I have no idea who this is, but this is what I pulled from a random wiki that Google threw at me:

Random wiki thing wrote:Unlike many ghosts she resembles a living human, and her playful, good-humored personality, otherworldly beauty, and courtesan charm can have a disarming effect. She often makes bizarre and apparently nonsensical remarks and sometimes seems to overlook the obvious, leading to her characterization as an airhead or a ditz. However, at other times she will reveal an extremely cunning and perceptive side and will also sometimes display an extraordinary level of knowledge. She seems to never take anything too seriously though and she loves to tease her straight-laced and eager-to-please assistant, Youmu, who is her opposite in many ways. She is also known for her incredible appetite and seems to have a food-related metaphor for any situation. Yuyuko is truly "dead and loving it."

I'm also apparently into killing people and bringing them to my secret death world. I think? And here I am as a goddess of soccer.

Cute~
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 pm

View Original PostoOoOoOo wrote:You definitely get just as flustered!

I do not... stupid...
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Xard.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:27 pm

^ No. Just no. Well, maybe it sort of relates to his trolling habits, but NO.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:32 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Xard.

You're confusing the "is like" to "wants to be like" here. If it would make me as awesome, hot and badass as Sheryl I would gladly chop my penis off in quickest sex change in history of surgery.

That said, it is starting to look like my antics are hard to not notice when posts like this are made...

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Actually, I just wanted to see how you reacted to being Sheryl and not Ranka.

:/
I was disappoint, choke on my new avatar.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:39 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Actually, I just wanted to see how you reacted to being Sheryl and not Ranka.

:/
I was disappoint, choke on my new avatar.

>implying I'm Ranka
>implying I want to be Ranka
>implying I don't want to be Alto-hime
>implying singing silly love songs > piloting VF-27 when in reality piloting VF-27 > singing singing silly love songs

Silly IO.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:43 pm

Silly Xard, still implying stuff.

Return to “Anime and Manga”