Anyone watching Genshiken? Because I have questions...

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Vulkurt
Tunniel
Tunniel

Anyone watching Genshiken? Because I have questions...

•      
  •      

Postby Vulkurt » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:52 am

If you are watching Genshiken, I need some help understanding a few things in Episode 5. It appears there are some cultural issues that a Westerner like me is missing.

Towards the middle of the episode, Chairman Shodai tells Saki and Ohno something about Kitagawa that is sure to keep her from closing down Genshiken. What that totally, horribly damaging item is revealed as is that Kitagawa has athlete's feet. Did they translate this right? Is athlete's feet considered to be so socially debilitating? Why, exactly?

Also in that episode, Chairman Shodai gets Saki to join Genshiken because he has seen her doing something that is so awful that he say if he told the school about it, it would actually put an entire gender of the university in danger of being kicked out. She freaks out because he has this knowledge and joins Genshiken on the spot. It can't just be having sex, can it? From the way he sounds, and she reacts, it sounds like Saki and Kosaka were doing something incredibly kinky. What exactly is it?
Done. Guarding.

insight
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby insight » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:16 am

EDIT: I just got disc 2 and the athlete's foot is baffling me as well. On a side note, disc 2 was good.
Evangelion > Donnie Darko > Beef Jerky > Feces > Inuyasha > 4Kids

Matter = Weird

P.S. Fried Chicken is good

Return to “Anime and Manga”