[CYOA] Evastuck: A Crossover Text Adventure

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

[CYOA] Evastuck: A Crossover Text Adventure

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:19 am

Inspired by a thread on another forum, here is an adventure of... well, interesting results, crossing over Evangelion with Homestuck. If you haven't read Homestuck, that's really okay, the concepts will be explained as the story progresses. As a note, this thread is bifurcated: half of it here, half of it on the MSPA forums where Homestuck fans will be posting. I will quote from both.

A young man stands in a bedroom that isn’t his. It happens that today, June 6th, is his birthday, though so far all he's had a chance to do is practice with his CELLO. It has been fourteen years since he was born, but now is the chance for his name to be decided! What is it?

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:20 am

Larkey Parka!

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 2772
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Canberra
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:21 am

James Hetfield.
Voluntary Illusion.
Avatar: Wakaba Shinohara

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer
User avatar
Age: 40
Posts: 1806
Joined: Sep 23, 2007
Gender: Female

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:19 am

Shinji Ikari.
Shinji embraces the otaku empowerment fantasy and dives headfirst into his mother's basement. -Chrad
Acts of man are better than acts of god. -Misato

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 22937
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:24 am

Awesome, third time's the charm.

Shinji Ikari, of course.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:26 pm

> Larkey Parka
The boy is quite positive that that isn't anybody's name at all!

> Will Norman
That's much better, a great name, but-

> Shinji Ikari
This name fits him perfectly.

You are Shinji Ikari. You are standing, as earlier stated, in a bedroom that isn’t yours. Your father summoned you here, and when you arrived this morning, he brought you here and left. The room is mostly empty except for the bed (obviously), a desk and chair, and your possessions: His closed suitcase, your CELLO, and a few odds and ends you unpacked; sheet music, a small (now half-eaten) snack, and a book. Two doors lead out of the room; one further into the apartment, one onto a veranda.

If this were your bedroom, it would probably reflect your INTERESTS better. The MUSIC is the only thing here that really reflects you; there's no reference to your enjoyment of OVERLY-DRAMATIC SOAP OPERAS, or the PHOTOGRAPHS you take, or even the POTTERY you love. You are oddly cultured for a fourteen year old boy.

What will you do?
Last edited by Legendary on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:37 pm

>leave room to explore surroundings

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 22937
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Take one last look around the room and enter the hallway.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:05 pm

>Narrator: Can Team Dai-Gurren be the trolls?
Dude.

>Narrator: This should read, "The boy is standing under an unfamiliar ceiling."
Considering how many unfamiliar ceilings there are in your future, what with this game being Sburb and all, pointing out each and every one would be... time-consuming.

>Shinji: ANTA BAKA?!
You're pretty sure that you aren't an idiot... You think.

>Shinji: Mope.
You've been doing that a lot, really. Your parents have both been consumed by their research, and you hadn't seen either of them in a long time until today. All you've ever been able to find out from either one is that they'd been working to secure mankind's future after Second Impact. You're pretty sure you have NO IDEA what that could mean.

>Shinji: Take one last look around the room
It is exactly as I have described it! Nothing has escaped your notice!

>Shinji: Leave room to explore surroundings.
Which way should you go?!

>Shinji: Enter the hallway.
You go through the door that leads further into the apartment and enter a bare CORRIDOR. Across from you is a closed door. The CORRIDOR extends to your right, leading into a LIVING ROOM.
Last edited by Legendary on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 22937
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:16 pm

Knock on the door, ask if anybody's in. Open the door if nobody answers after a moment. (Nothing different from me yet. ^^; )
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Go to the living room; it'd be the most normal. We probably shouldn't be snooping around other peoples' rooms yet.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:49 pm

>Dad: Explode from the closet, scaring the shit out of your son.
You really doubt he'd do that. For one thing, he had a plane ticket to somewhere in America. For another, there's no closet in this CORRIDOR!

>Shinji: Knock on the door, ask if anybody's in.
You knock and ask. No one answers.

>Shinji: Go to the living room.
You enter the living room. There is a thin layer of TRASH on the ground. There is also a TV, some LAMPS, furniture, and even a few bookshelves. A desk sits by the TV with a COMPUTER on it. It is currently on. Across from you is another door. To your right is the veranda of this apartment. To your left, a joint kitchen/dining room.
Last edited by Legendary on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Combs
Matarael
Matarael
User avatar
Posts: 576
Joined: Jun 07, 2009
Location: Pleasure town, Japan

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Combs » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:06 am

No one's around, The computer hopefully has internet access... You're fourteen damnit, indulge yourself a little! :fap:
AVATAR: If bones did Eva
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

esselfortium
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 3392
Joined: Aug 21, 2009
Location: Ultra Hell
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby esselfortium » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:40 am

You don't know that no one's around, though. You haven't checked the rest of the apartment. Don't be a tomfool!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 22937
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:09 am

Enter and examine the kitchen.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:52 pm

>Shinji: Watch TV. Hey look, a cool mecha anime! Too bad that'd never happen in real life...
That would be really cool, but you're not sure you'd be any good at any of that. You have terrible LUCK. You'd probably end up dooming all of mankind or something like that.

>Shinji: The computer hopefully has internet access... You're fourteen damnit, indulge yourself a little!
Wh- what are you implying?! You don't even know if the apartment is empty! In fact, you're pretty sure there's someone in the KITCHEN, now that you're listening.

>Shinji: Enter and examine the kitchen.
You enter the KITCHEN. It's really more of a KITCHEN AND DINING ROOM 2X ROOM COMBO, but I digress. There are counters, appliances, dishes, tables, chairs, a few snacks are lying around, and a small amount of TRASH is present here as well. Oddly, there are two fridges. Across from you is another corridor leading leftward, to your direct left is the wash room.

And unfortunately, the WOMAN who apparently lives here is present as well. She is IMBIBING quite heavily on a large amount of alcohol from the fridge. Just beyond her on the counter is a PACKAGE with your name on it. You threw it there when your father dropped you off here at noon.

A clock on the microwave enforces the fact that it is just a little after 4 PM, Hakone time.
Last edited by Legendary on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 22937
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Go over and inspect the PACKAGE while introducing yourself to the drunken woman.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Doctor Memory
Tunniel
Posts: 186
Joined: Jun 20, 2007
Location: deserting the sinking ship

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Doctor Memory » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:32 pm

>Shinji: Search for some MAD SNACKS YO. Preferably the CURLEH MUSTACHE variety.
(Don't) Excuse Me UhClem, But You're (Not) Making the Doctor (Un)Happy.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 2814
Joined: Jun 11, 2008
Gender: Male

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Legendary » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 pm

>Shinji: Search for some MAD SNACKS YO. Preferably the CURLEH MUSTACHE variety.
You open up one of the refrigerators and are warked at by an angry penguin.

You quickly open up the other refrigerator and inspect it closely. There are an INSANE amount of CHIPS, but otherwise you see nothing.

>Shinji: Reset microwave clock so it reads '12:00 am' OR, just set it to twelve minutes and then lock the controls.
You unplug the microwave and plug it back in. It is now flashing 12:00 am, but that doesn't change the fact that from the subjective perspective of everyone in Hakone, it is a little after four.

Not objective though. Objectively there is no master clock keeping time for everyone.

>Shinji: Go over and inspect the PACKAGE while introducing yourself to the drunken woman.
She is too busy IMBIBING to respond, and you have no reason to inspect the PACKAGE. It is a small purple box.

>Shinji: Take the package
The WOMAN is in the way and refuses to move until her IMBIBING concludes!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 22937
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: Living in Houston, TX
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Politely ask the woman to move. Failing that, offer her some CHIPS in exchange for the PACKAGE.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~


Return to “Role-Playing Related”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests