Let's Play! Evangelion 2 [PS2 Version]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Let's Play! Evangelion 2 [PS2 Version]

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:24 pm

That's right, SSD is attempting to do a Let's Play of Eva2, the PSP version. No, this is not meant to steal Legendary's brother's thunder, I'm just trying to do something different for fun.

Hopefully I can make this entertaining (or at least fun). I am unsure of how to do certain elements, but I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

For those who want more information on this particular installment of the game, I suggest checking out the FAQ found here.

First off, which character do you want to be? If we actually get through this first play-through (if the Scenario is cleared with a Good or Bad End), then we can start over as somebody else. You can be ANY of the characters in the image below, except for Yui Ikari. Shinji Ikari technically has 3(!) Scenarios in this game, but for my sanity, if you play as him, it would be Scenario 2, which is hilarious at certain points. (As an aside, all the "special items" are available to you, but not every character can access the convenience store.)

Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Kensuke!

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:45 pm

I wonder what Maya's story is like?
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Kensuke, let's go with Kensuke.

Out of curiosity, is this going to be a text-based or YouTube-based let's play?
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Text and images because I suck like that. But it should still be fun. By the way, I'll allow people to vote until tomorrow at noon, so keep the votes coming.

EDIT: People are allowed to change their vote ONCE if they want.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Gotta be Kaji!

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Pen-Pen.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Kaji seems like he'd be an interesting choice. Let's go with him.

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

•      
  •      

Postby Kaname Langley » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Pen Pen
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

V.S. Seele.

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:48 pm

It's 11:30 here, close enough to say Kaji won out. :wink:

Kaji's scenario is interesting, because Mr. Truth Seeker has to discover ALL 24 Classified Information files to clear his Scenario. He already has several at his disposal on different topics, but raising your relationships with Gendo and Fuyutsuki then discussing the matter with them privately helps. What's also helpful (and somewhat required to clear the Scenario) is hacking into Nerv's computers, exploring Central Dogma and going on business trips.

Think you can do it?

==Scenario 12 - Ryoji Kaji: V.S. Seele==

~Introduction~

You want to find out the truth about Second Impact. About Seele and Nerv's Commander, Gendo Ikari. You have to outsmart them...

Arriving at Nerv Headquarters, a female staff member gives you your ID Card.

You thank the girl for her trouble, she excuses herself...

...But you take the time to flirt with her, eventually asking for a kiss.

THACK!

A certain somebody is NOT happy to see you. Wonder why?

You feign surprise, then add, "It's been awhile. Haven't you gotten prettier?"

Misato says you haven't changed, then asks why you're there. You explain it was orders from Commander Ikari--and add that you hope you'll get along with her "just like old times".

Misato: "Idiot! Don't say that!"

You excuse yourself....Misato takes the opportunity to switch from tsuntsun to deredere.

Misato: "......Idiot." (Baka, like previously.)

---

In the Commander's office...

Gendo and Fuyutsuki thank you and apologize for the trouble. You get to business...

Fuyutsuki: "This is Adam..."

Kaji: "Yes, this is the first human, Adam. It has restored itself thus far. It is within dura-bakelite, but it is alive. Without a doubt..."

Gendo: "The keystone to Human Instrumentality..."

==V.S. SEELE==

Your location is Vending Machine Corner at Nerv, but we stepped outside to access the save point. It's 00:11PM (12:11PM) in the game.

Currently, your AT is at 66 while your Impulse is at 100. Your hunger/thirst/cleanliness/WC/Fatigue levels are normal. Your character skills are currently the following: Work (60), Knowledge (70), Self Defense (50) and Spying (60).

Your relationships with the rest of the cast are mostly normal, too. The characters you currently know are:
    Shinji,
    Asuka (who loves you, high relationship value towards you),
    Rei,
    Misato (somewhat less than average level towards you),
    Gendo,
    Fuyutsuki,
    Ritsuko,
    Maya,
    Hyuga,
    Aoba.

The locations of Kaji's choice at Nerv are:
    Bridge where the Operators work,
    [s]Commander's Office[/s] (Access Denied),
    Misato's office,
    Ritsuko's office,
    your office,
    cafeteria,
    vending machine corner (where Nerv's toilets are),
    Nerv bathes,
    Shooting gallery,
    Central Dogma,
    Eva-00 cage,
    Eva-01 cage,
    Eva-02 cage.

Similarly, in Tokyo-3, Kaji can go to:
    Misato's apartment,
    the park,
    the train station,
    your home (where you sleep automatically and your health status is restored).

As Kaji, access is denied to:
    [s]the convenience store,
    Tokyo-3's junior high,
    and Rei's apartment[/s].

Your AT is somewhat akin to your HP/energy level in the game (the highest it can reach is 100). If it's lower than 50, your character is more likely to become depressed (especially in the 30-20 range!) and run away from Tokyo-3 if the option comes up. AT also affects your relationships with other people when it's low or high.

Your Impulse on the other hand (the highest level of this is 300), is a concept introduced into the game's PSP version. It makes you "pay" for certain actions, such as eating or doing a specific action towards another character. You can restore your Impulse with a special item from the convenience store, but it's inaccessible to Kaji. A normal way to restore Impulse is by sitting and resting or using the WC. Again, it's best not to let your Impulse go below 50.

Finally, character relationships as well as what you do where in the game are almost endless. Different locations are somewhat raising sim-ish (you can eat a meal with another person, watch TV alone or together with somebody, use the WC at Misato's apartment, for instance) while you can make the different characters hate or love you, depending on what you want. (Yes, you can date pretty much anybody in the game, save for Pen Pen.) You have to pay attention to the character's moods and AT as you interact with them, however.

So, where do you want to go and what should you do first?
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:06 pm

Oh, sorry. It's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flush_toilet#Water-closet_.28WC.29.2C_the_name

Anything in particular you'd like to say to Ritsuko when you find her? You can greet her, discuss Nerv or work events, ask how her AT is, talk about casual things, offer her an item (depending what you have on hand) request and trade items as well... And of course when you get a high enough relationship with her, you can ask about Confidential Information.

After chatting with Ritsuko, we'll go fire a round or two in the shooting gallery (depending on how much Impulse we'll have left)... But what would you like to do in your office? Hack, get some work done, both?

(I hope to get decent screencaps of everyday events somehow...At least I have .flv walkthrough events from Niconico Douga.)

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Hack away!
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Apologies for this update being text-only. To make up for it, have sum Doctor Pull-ring with Maya-chan:

After poking around both Nerv and Tokyo-3, you finally find Ritsuko at the Bridge around 2:11PM. You enter and...she's not there. Not wanting to bother the bridge bunnies and the sudden arrival Fuyutsuki, you leave.

Success! At 2:56 PM, you find Ritsuko in her office, typing away on her keyboard about the Dummy Plug. Since this will take her a moment, you double-check your inventory which is so far a general Nerv ID, sunglasses, and a coffee. You have to remember to get ID cards via hacking (and asking for the item from somebody like Fuyutsuki or Gendo) to explore Central Dogma and other locations eventually...

Asuka shows up in Ritsuko's office (the woman is STILL on her computer at 3:49 PM!) so you greet her. Hurray, your AT rises to 63! You decide to be mysterious and ask Asuka "Do you wish to know the truth?" (minus 20 Impulse) to which Asuka agrees(!). Just to make sure, you ask, "No matter what?"

Asuka's serious response: "I want to know. About now and about from now on..."

Kaji: "I understand. I'll open your eyes."

You tell Asuka that there's something within Central Dogma, the discussion ends. You talk casually about how women can be mysterious (lol) then Asuka says a good thing about Misato. Your options are to agree that's a good thing, say you can't believe it, or say how the good thing doesn't sound like that person at all. Since we should be on good terms with Asuka, the first option was chosen.

Asuka leaves and a few minutes later, Shinji arrives. He asks you how work is going. You answer that it's good. In the meantime, FINALLY Ritsuko steps away from her computer....only to leave the room with you and Shinji in it. :fuyu_facepalm:

You ask Shinji the same question you asked Asuka, about wanting to know the truth...but he declines. "That's fine. I don't need to know the truth."

Shinji sprints out Ritsuko's office, you seize the chance alone to hack away for a CI File. :scheming: BUT, Asuka arrives, halting any progress you could have made.

Asuka asks you if you'd like an item, you kindly accept. It's a necklace. :kawaii: Kaji's manliness knows no bounds. Asuka then asks you about work, you give the same answer that you gave the poster child for Depression.

Welp, Ritsuko's office is getting us nowhere, so let's step outside and fire a round or two at the shooting gallery. Your self defense reaches a grand total of one more point, 51. Oh dear.

You step inside the Nerv bathes to recover some lost Impulse (it's at 101, but after you step in, it's at 111) then do some work in your office. Your skills are at the following levels: Work (61), Knowledge (70), Self Defense (51), Spying (61).

Both your drink and food levels are in Danger, so you down your canned coffee--although your food level is still in the Danger zone. Your toilet levels are at Caution, so you head for the WC. Everything's now fine, save for needing some food.

Shinji and Asuka are at the vending machine corner while Hyuga and Aoba are at the cafeteria. Whether or not any of them would still be there when you enter the location yourself, who knows. And that sneaky bastard Gendo is safely inaccessible inside his office.

It's 11:27 PM in-game time, what with all the talking to the kids and jumping from one room to another you did. Since I forgot to mention it earlier, Kaji's sleep schedule is from 5AM to 11AM. (He'll automatically return to his room if he's not there already).

Currently, your AT is at 66 and your Impulse is at 96. Maybe you should head towards the cafeteria to eat something since your hunger is high? If you do eat, what would you like to do afterwards? Wait in the cafeteria and talk to somebody specific? Randomly talk to whoever arrives? But where to, once you're done there?

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

•      
  •      

Postby Eric Blair » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:01 pm

SSD wrote:Maybe you should head towards the cafeteria to eat something since your hunger is high? If you do eat, what would you like to do afterwards? Wait in the cafeteria and talk to somebody specific? Randomly talk to whoever arrives? But where to, once you're done there?

Head on to the cafeteria and ask for a burger; Manly men eat bacon and meat with cheese on a bread bun, once your primal impulse of HUNGER is satiated, wait in the cafeteria for the lovely Lt. Col. Katsuragi and roll for PUT THE MOVES on her (or just TALK); once you're done, it's time to hit the bars! Invite the hippie and the geek to go along with you.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 pm

There are no bars. I say once we eat, we focus on talking to Fuyutsuki so that he gives us lots of secrets.

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:01 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:48 am

You head to the cafeteria, Asuka's the only one there. Is it just your imagination, or is she stalking you? Sigh.

(When Gendo thinks nobody's looking, he turns Nerv into a part-time disco club. :gasp: Everyone's tired of his charade, except for Fuyutsuki, who enjoys getting his groove on.)

After your meal, you see Misato in her office and chat with her a little.

You ask her about some Confidential Information (Adam and Second Impact) but she claims not to know anything about either. Uh huh...

You ask Misato if she wants to know the truth about things...and she, like Asuka, agrees. You tell Katsuragi to go to Central Dogma when she can.

Since you're here, you flirt a little with her... Great success!

You go back to your place to sleep. At night, you think about how you need to get an ID card from Fuyutsuki or Gendo... Nerv must have the truth you're looking for.

It's now the next day, 11AM.

Here are your current stats:

Where to for today?

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”