[CYOA] Evangelion: Adventure

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Contact Command and request information on how to neutralize an AT Field. Once Command tells you that the only way to bring down an AT Field is with another ATF and that the Evas are equipped with ATFs inquire as to how in the world you're supposed to activate it. Once your ATF is up and you've canceled it and the enemy's out (NOTE: Risk of damage is greatest here, be prepared to run like a white-tailed deer) fire another salvo at the enemy's center mass. If damage is incurred by the target have both pilots fire at will on the target's center mass.

EDIT: The target should be vulnerable to all weapons fire once its ATF is down so there should be no reason why the static defenses and SDF can't cut loose on the thing as well.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:42 pm

View Original PostLegendary wrote:Any particular stat you wanna try to use to back that up? The ones in the first block of spoilers are the only ones that can be used in such a way.

Sorry, left for a minute. I would site intelligence but you didn't put it so i will site ........
Luck?
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Assuming I understand the battle thing correctly (it is somewhat confusing and worded all...lengthy), attempt to remove the AT Field with LUCK and(/or) MELEE.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:59 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Assuming I understand the battle thing correctly (it is somewhat confusing and worded all...lengthy), attempt to remove the AT Field with MELEE.

MELEE is not a usable stat because it was in the second block. Sorry!

Great Genius Shinji-sama wrote:ask Ibuki-San and Akagi-san for any possible and unclassified info regarding the angel or AT-Fields

They don't tell you anything about the Angel, but another Nerv technician, Hyuga, recites a line of dialogue about AT Fields for you.

"An absolute physical barrier only the Angels and Evas are capable of generating. No conventional weapon on the face of the Earth is capable of penetrating an Angel's A.T. Field. Evas neutralize the Angels' A.T. Fields while engaged in combat."

So apparently you can make one too! But how?

Cody MacArthur Fett wrote:inquire as to how in the world you're supposed to activate it

Good idea. But all they say is that you have to focus it in your mind.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:attempt to remove the AT Field with LUCK

You use your Level 3 Luck Stat (One Pair) to attempt to find the best stat to use.
Roll One: Failed
Roll Two: Failed
Roll Three: Failed

supershinjiasukashipper wrote:Lets try ripping the AT Field with our hands. (LUCK)

Trying again with a different action? All right, but this is your last chance...
Roll One: Failed
Roll Two: Failed
Roll Three: Success! The stat to use is SYNCH!

(Seriously. These rolls were legit. Your luck has apparently been imported from Hollywood.)

Using your SYNCH you reach out for the AT Field and tear it to shreds. You also run out of actions for this round.

Rei's turn begins. She starts shooting at the Angel, finally having something to do. The red sphere is what she aims at, and, amazingly it works.

The Angel explodes into blood. Go team!

---- ----- ---- ----- ----

END Tutorial Part Three; Battling Angels, Pilot-o-matic

Stats:
SPOILER: Show
Shinji IKARI

COOKING: Licensed Fugu Chef
CLEANING: Sparkling Shine
ATHLETICS: Can't Do a Chin-Up
COORDINATION: Tangle-Limbed
ANTI-DROWNING: Abyssmal
MUSIC: Concert Qualifier
GARDENING: Friend of Weeds
HANDINESS: Broken-Wrenched
CHARISMA: Shy Guy
COMPUTER: Walking BSoD
SEARCH: Watsonian

PAIN LEVEL: All is well
SYNCH: 10%
HAND-TO-HAND: Medium
MELEE: Low
RANGE: Medium
STRATEGY: Low

GRADES: You're Passing
CLASS STANDING: Loner
RANKING: Allowed onto the Base
CRIMINALITY: Thief

SELF-ESTEEM: You're okay... You think
SANITY: You need not even question it
MANGRIT: Damsel In Distress

MONEY: @100
LUCK: One Pair

Ayanami: Just Met
???: 0

Misato: Just Met

FATHER: Antagonist
AKAGI: Just Met

IBUKI: Just Met
HYUGA: Just Met

---- ----- ---- ----- ----

You crawl out of Evangelion when you're returned to base. You're given a chance to shower and other such things, and meet with Misato after the battle.

"Good job!" she says. "You did way better than what we were expecting! I, uh... forgot to give you this when you first arrived!" She holds out a green book, which you take. As another gaming abstraction, this book will let you read up on any game mechanics you know about, such as the Pilot-o-matic or specific stats... If you're not sure if what you want to know about is in or not, it never hurts to ask. And it takes no time to read at all!

Misato waves a hand behind her, where six Nerv workers stand. "These are the workers who have been assigned to work closely with pilots. You know Second Lieutenant Ibuki... These are Second Lieutenants Hyuga and Aoba, and First Lieutenants Ooi, Agano, and Mogami."

Everyone waves.

"The book explains better what they do, and I'm afraid we can't all stand around in a group like this... We all have work to do!"

The six clear out, but Misato stays behind, in case you have anything you want to talk about with her. Or perhaps you'd rather explore, or dive into the book? Or look for someone in particular?
Last edited by Legendary on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:08 am

Yay, I'm glad to see Rei and Shinji defeating an Angel together for something different with battle number 1!

For now, maybe find Ayanami and politely introduce yourself.

Afterwords (assuming Shinji waiting around was somewhat series-ish), say: "You seem familiar. Didn't I see you standing in the middle of the street earlier today?" Then say something about how you're looking forward to working with her and hope you two can occasionally train together.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:42 am

Does time stop while we're reading the book? If so then I say dive into the Codex, and bask in the info dumb. If not then talk to Misato, you can probably ask her about the Eva program then. Either way, remember that information is ammunition.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:48 am

No time passes at all while reading it. But you need to tell me what you're looking for.

EDIT: As a friendly hint, it DOES have entries on everyone you've met, and that might come in handy.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:12 am

I'm looking for everything, and I do mean everything, but as a good starting point let's look up the Evas, their pilots, and the history of Nerv. After that let's look up the Bridge Bunnies, and see what their specialties are. Hopefully you'll be able to find someone who'll create new technology for the Evas from the resources you collect.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:56 am

All right then. SSD, don't worry, I'll get to your post when we resume "real time" stuff.

You look up "EVANGELION":

"The multipurpose humanoid decisive battle weapons developed by NERV for use in combat against the ANGELS. They operate on electric power supplied via cable. The internal battery is only good for three TURNS.

Evangelion have AT FIELDS, which can manipulate a physical domain. Their primary purpose are to allow PILOTS to be able to attack Angels. Evangelion are expensive to build, and until recently only three were at least 75% ready. In preparation for the Angel war, a total of ten Evangelion units are being built.

Evangelion have special weapons to use for fighting Angels, several of which can be stored in various places. Your Evangelion currently merely has the LEFT and RIGHT SHOULDER PYLONS. A BASIC PROG KNIFE is stored in your LEFT SHOULDER PYLON.

Upgrades can be obtained through personal interaction with certain Nerv personnel."

While reading this, your finger slips and you touch the word "PILOTS", which opens up a new entry:

"The pilots of EVANGELION are a group of specially selected teen children. This group consists of the only ones known to be capable of the job. The currently active pilots are IKARI Shinji and Ayanami Rei. All work for NERV.

Every pilot is issued a PLUGSUIT and an A-10 HEADSET. They also have a GAMEDEX, which updates in real time to create a list of information they have access to."

Then you look up the "HISTORY OF NERV":

"NERV was formed in 2010 to combat the ANGELS. It is a special agency under the direct supervision of the UNITED NATIONS. Its objectives are to investigate, study, and eliminate the Angels. Nerv's headquarters are in TOKYO-3. Several more bases exist around the world.

Since inception, the heads of Nerv have been IKARI GENDO and FUYUTSUKI KOZO. The head of the EVANGELION project, AKAGI RITSUKO, has also been constant.

Until September 22, in which the THIRD ANGEL attacked and the pilots IKARI Shinji and Ayanami Rei were sortied for the first time, Nerv has been unable to fulfill its purpose. Now that it has, only time will tell as to whether or not it will be successful in saving the human race."

Well, that was informative! And it seems everything in capital letters has an entry of its own!
Last edited by Legendary on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Charon » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:04 am

If the book doesn't give satisfactory answers, ask Misato exactly what the Angel was and why it was attacking. Also why they want you as a pilot instead of someone more logical... like an experienced combatant. Maybe you'll get a better answer than the "None of your business" you got from your father.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:44 am

Since you've just survived an Angle battle together, it might be appropriate to introduce yourself to Rei Ayanami. Not that you'd have much to say about yourself... I mean, have you really being doing anything in these past few years? In which case it'd be a good idea to read up on Rei Ayanami beforehand, and it might also be a good idea to ask Misato to introduce you to her since you have no idea where Rei might be right now.

Along the way it'd be a good idea to avoid Gendo. The only reason he asked you to come here was for you to pilot an Evangelion, and you've just done that so he's probably not going to have anything more to say to you until you establish yourself here a little better - or so you figure.

And thinking about Father has reminded you of how you were behaving before you got into the Evangelion. I mean, it was alright, wasn't it? You had the support of the NERV staff, and Ritsuko seemed to think it was alright. In reading the Green Book you noticed that it specified Evangelion Pilots as being pre-teens - perhaps in the near future it would be a good idea to ask Misato or Ritsuko why this is so.

For now, you feel you're obligated to introduce yourself to people at the base, and since Rei is a pilot, you may as well start with her. So you open the book and flip to Rei Ayanami, but accidentally flipping open the entries for Misato KATSURAGI and RITSUKO AKAGI before reading about Rei.
Last edited by EvangelionFan on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voluntary Illusion.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:44 am

ANGEL:

"The unidentified enemy of humankind, transcending the concepts of living and nonliving. Conventional weaponry is no match for their overwhelming offensive power. The target of their invasions is NERV Headquarters in the GEOFRONT below TOKYO-3.

To date, three Angels have been numbered."

I'm betting that that isn't satisfactory, but I'd like to get our first infodump done before anything else.

EDIT: So you jerks post before I do! Well fine!

AKAGI RITSUKO:

"Born 1985, the head of Project E. This woman is personally involved in nearly all forms of EVANGELION development, but only she has the clearance to approve the most bizarre of tests. Finding friendship with her may let you influence these tests... Or perhaps you'd be better off talking to the LIEUTENANTS..."

KATSURAGI Misato:

"Born 1986, the head of Tactical Operations in NERV. She has a bit of a ditzy attitude, but this makes her friendly and approachable. She has a great head for STRATEGY, so be sure to stop by her office if you want some tips! She's actually only been posted here in TOKYO-3 recently herself, however, so don't ask her for help finding your way."

Ayanami Rei:

"The First Child of the PILOTS. She is calm and collected, and has served at TOKYO-3 for some time. She volunteers little information about herself, due to her ignoring her PHILOSOFIX STAT (see also, STATS).

She is an active pilot, but is not controllable at this time, as no PHASE has begun."

Hmm. It seems that you can only get gaming information on people when you look them up. Personal information, you'll have to find yourself. Probably just as well, it would be creepy if someone you didn't know walked up to you and talked about your dead mom, wouldn't it?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:49 am

Nitpick on :arrow: A-10 HEADSET . It's (the things the pilots wear on their head and Asuka usually wears) called "Interface Headset" according to official sources.

Nice update(s) at any rate.

So is this Nerv e-book (considering entries can open up at the touch of a finger) like our version of a Pokedex or something? :tongue: Clever.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Apparently Dogs are lucky. Doggy is so happy about that.

Anyhow, my action for this turn is talk to Rei.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Huh, the Codex doesn't mention that Evas are cyborgs. You'd think that'd be an obvious thing to mention considering all the work that needs to be done on them. I also excepted there to be a little blurb of information on the Second Child, but I suppose that falls under the purview of "haven't met this character yet."

Anywho, I suppose it would be best to go talk to Rei and build up a report as squadmates. After all, the last thing we'd want is to fall to friendly fire because our squadmate thinks we're an inconsiderate douchenozzle.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:03 pm

(Just a minute, how does it work? Right now, we're stuck with Shinji, obviously, but how does it work later? Can individual posters switch to certain characters once in a while, or are all of us always playing the same kid?)

Since Shinji is Shinji, he'd certainly look up the reason for him comming here in the first place: His Dad. He is aware that he probably won't find much Information in there, but right now, he knows nothing at all about his old man and is not exactly happy about it. Any sort of Information would most likely be news to him.

Next thing, let's look for that girl - aparently, she got hurt in the battle, and Shinji being his usual self, thinks he has to apologize for not having arrived faster, and for lack of the ability to think of a nice conversation topic, ask her if she is allright.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Cody MacArthur Fett wrote:After that let's look up the Bridge Bunnies, and see what their specialties are.

Legendary is no longer tired! Legendary's reading comprehension approaches maximum levels!

Hoo boy...

IBUKI MAYA:

"Born 1991, a COMPUTER technician. Maya is the First LIEUTENANT who works directly under AKAGI RITSUKO. She runs the TRAINING program for you from four PM to five PM daily. Befriending her might be a good way to get more hours in, though! They say she's shy, though..."

HYUGA MAKOTO:

"Born 1990, a COMPUTER technician. Hyuga is the First LIEUTENANT who works directly under KATSURAGI Misato. He also is in charge of ARMOR development for the EVANGELION project, but lately he hasn't been making much headway. Seems nerdy."

AOBA SHIGERU:

"Born 1989, a COMPUTER technician. Aoba is the First LIEUTENANT who works as a liaison with the TOKYO-3 governments. Because of this, he is in part in charge for the automated DEFENSE SYSTEMS and the weapon-dispensing TOWERS. Prefers to be alone."

OOI SATSUKI:

"Born 1990, a COMPUTER technician. Ooi is a Second LIEUTENANT who works directly under MAKOTO HYUGA. Using her considerable skill, she designs the GUNS that EVANGELION use. Her efforts thus far have been rather paltry, though."

AGANO KAEDE:

"Born 1992, a COMPUTER technician. Kaede is a Second LIEUTENANT who works directly under MAKOTO HYUGA. She designs the MELEE WEAPONS that an EVANGELION uses in combat. Like the other lieutenants, though, she hasn't made much headway."

MOGAMI AOI:

"Born 1989, a COMPUTER technician. Mogami is a Second LIEUTENANT who works directly under IBUKI MAYA. She is currently involved in a project to create more links between the MAGI supercomputers and each individual Evangelion unit."

Kendrix wrote:look up the reason for him comming here in the first place: His Dad.

IKARI GENDO:

"Born 1967. Formerly married to $*%, has one son, YOU. The Commander of NERV. All other information redacted to protect from TERRORISTS."

Kendrix wrote:(Just a minute, how does it work? Right now, we're stuck with Shinji, obviously, but how does it work later? Can individual posters switch to certain characters once in a while, or are all of us always playing the same kid?)

If you choose to switch over to Rei, EVERYONE is Rei. That's why the Pilot-o-matic has a delay, to prevent Rei-haters (or other haters) from just constantly switching away from pilots they don't like whenever the community wants to play them. I might add requirements of "seconding", "thirding", or increase the delay if five turns of delay isn't sufficient.

Cody MacArthur Fett wrote:Huh, the Codex doesn't mention that Evas are cyborgs. You'd think that'd be an obvious thing to mention considering all the work that needs to be done on them.

The GAMEDEX is funny like that.

Cody MacArthur Fett wrote:I also excepted there to be a little blurb of information on the Second Child, but I suppose that falls under the purview of "haven't met this character yet."

Assuming Shinji is NOT the Second Child and I'm not just trolling you people hard, this would be the correct assumption to make.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:It's called "Interface Headset" according to official sources.

Pfft, sources.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:So is this Nerv e-book like our version of a Pokedex or something?

Better than that. I can personally guarantee that not one thing that has an entry in the Gamedex will attempt to drag you into the underworld. The Pokedex makes no such guarantees.

Charon wrote:ask Misato exactly what the Angel was and why it was attacking.

"Uh..." Misato gulps. "I don't think anyone really has any idea. We assume they're aliens, though. Sorry."

More or less everyone wrote:Talk to Rei already!

Okay, okay!

You leave the room with Misato, but split up. Using your Tutorial sense, you determine that the most likely place for Rei to be is the hospital.

Sure enough, she's waiting there, in a hospital bed.

Still pretty much everyone wrote:Introduce yourself!

"Uh... hi. I'm... Ikari Shinji..."

She stares at you for a moment, and then says, "I know." Seems pretty friendly.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Say: "You seem familiar. Didn't I see you standing in the middle of the street earlier today?"

You already told yourself you didn't see anyone with blue hair in the street today! It must have been good premonition on the blue hair thing, though, all things considered.

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Then say something about how you're looking forward to working with her and hope you two can occasionally train together.

You're too busy wondering what's up with all this blue-haired stuff to listen to ideas!

Cody MacArthur Fett wrote:build up a report as squadmates.

FINE.

"Uhm... I'm looking forward to working with you."

"Oh."

Yeah this conversation is just great. "I'm kind of new..." Before you can propose training together your slightly below average SELF-ESTEEM counters and you just trail off. This girl is so quiet it's making you feel weird!

Kendrix wrote:apologize for not having arrived faster, ask if she's all right

"I was not hurt today," she says. "And I will recover."

Your stats are currently unneeded, and thus won't be reposted right now. Your Pilot-o-matic won't start working until tomorrow. You're welcome to pick up talk with Rei (or anyone else), explore, do whatever. To leave the unending night of the Tutorial, type in "END TUTORIAL". It must be seconded.
Last edited by Legendary on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:56 pm

. . . Wait a second. Hyuga, a Second Lieutenant has two First Lieutenants working under him? What kind of screwy ranking system does Nerv use anyhow?

Also, I say we walk around Nerv and examine things to update the GAMEDEX as much as possible. First off, the cages, lets see what makes the Evas tic. We may not be able to do anything right now, but the information will be useful for when we get our science stats up.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:59 pm

View Original PostCody MacArthur Fett wrote:. . . Wait a second. Hyuga, a Second Lieutenant has two First Lieutenants working under him? What kind of screwy ranking system does Nerv use anyhow?

Good catch, lol.

It has since been fixed.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Ask Rei to show you around Nerv and ask her how long she's been piloting, what her interests are, etc. Attempt to get to know her since "small talk" isn't her thing. >_>

If Ayanami gives Shinji the cold shoulder, try the above approach with Misato-san.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”