Banned Member Discussion

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Banned Member Discussion

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be the only (relatively) new person here that will be curious about why certan members were permabanned. So why not have a list of users that were perma banned and the reason(s) why they were? It would save the effort of having to tell the same story repeatedly, and it would be an easy way to find out who is permabanned and who is tempbanned.
Last edited by TehDonutKing on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:48 pm

Do permabans that were lifted later count? :D

I'd be one in that case.

Anyway, short list of the top of my head:

- Zuggy
- V
- MaggotMaster
- that Dracula-something-something guy
- JFaulkner

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:58 pm

View Original PostXard wrote: that Dracula-something-something guy

I think the name was Iaccidentallydracula.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Should we re-title the thread "The Wall of Shame" while we're at it?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:03 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Should we re-title the thread "The Wall of Shame" while we're at it?

Seconded. Also, needs a sticky. ^_^

EDIT: On further thought, add it to the statistics pages... preferably with a listed reason why.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:14 pm

^Sounds good to me.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:43 pm

let's not forget

-Ran1
-Executor
-CitizenGeek
-Soljer13
-Count A'ight
-Shinji-kun
-Eva Naut
-Tokyo-3
-Smugleaf

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:51 pm

I don't even remember half of these names. ran1? Who the hell's that?

Smugleaf on the other hand is hard to forget.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:48 pm

Ran was permabanned?
Crap.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:54 pm

Is that really a surprise? He's been more or less daring the staff to do so for quite some time.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:05 pm

ran1 was permabanned? WTF?! Now I feel bad about my little joke. :dejected:
Last edited by child of Lilith on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:19 pm

He''s probably on IRC anyway.
/hj

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Ran1's permabanned? Really?

I remember JFaulkner. I always thought it was pretty epic how ThePRPD took his avatar for a while after the ban. And Smugleaf was pretty much unforgettable. Though I wasn't around for V's ban, and was never sure exactly why his name stirs people around here so much. Some history on the guy would be nice.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:13 am

A banned user list would be nice so that newbies can know what happen to them. Too bad I was not here when the V crazy was going on. From what I've been told that he was pretty bad.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:10 am

I think all of this talk about old trolls is just wonderful! Let me see, I remember IAccidentallyDracula, Soljier, Smugleaf, and JFaulkner. They were all tons of fun, I won't deny it. Although you must recall that I am some kind of abomination that feeds on human suffering as if it were a delicious strawberry milkshake.

IAccidentallyDracula was practically textbook in his approach. Nothing stand-out, if I recall correctly, but amusing nonetheless.

Smugleaf was just so, well, smug; almost like a leaf.

I liked Soljier because he or she thought I was a deeply revolting human being, and that always amused me to no end. He had balls, let me tell you. He frequently told me how disgusting I am. The rest of you don't tell me how much horror I fill your lives with, or how much of an awful person I am. (I'm not even being sarcastic; pay more attention to me.) I liked how he went from a fat Dominican guy to a sexy white girl and back to a fat Dominican guy, all in the span of three months. And didn't he end up marrying somebody, or was that just a prank?

Faulkner was probably the greatest troll ever, because he was the Anti-Jimbo. Man, why does Jimbo get an evil doppelganger and sworn enemy and the rest of us don't? He managed to provoke Jimbo into previously unexpected heights of over-excitement, which might not be that big of an accomplishment, as Jimbo strikes me as the kind of person be driven to song and dance by a penny on the floor. He spoke with such manical conviction, that I can see him being the dictator of some small island. He was also ass-backward is his determination, but I kind of admire that in a sick way.

I remember I lurked around here a long time ago, and V seemed to be a well-adjusted, contributing member of this community. Then I stopped lurking for a long time, then came back, and saw that, not only was he banned, but elevated to the annals of infamy usually only reserved for gut-slitting child molesters. Funny thing is that I was confused by that, and never bothered asking for the details as to why that happened. If someone could fill me in on the back-story, that would be lovely.

Aren't people kind of nostalgic for Zuggy and MaggotMaster, or is that just me being insane? I think they were gone long before I ever lurked here., or, if they weren't, I guess I just didn't notice them.

Shame about Ran, though. Oh well. He's moved up in the world, despite his record of insubordination. Mmm-hmm.
Last edited by MugwumpHasNoLiver on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:52 am

Too bad I wasn't around before MaggotMaster was banned. I would have loved to see that situation unfold with my own eyes. :lol: Oh well, we'll always have the Orc Rei thread.

As for most of the others, especially JFaulkner, we're better off without them. JFaulkner still haunts my dreams with his illogical and provocative wall of texts that seemed like the never-changing babbling of an autistic person.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:49 pm

I think I completely missed Smugleaf...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:38 pm

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:Smugleaf was just so, well, smug; almost like a leaf.
I do not remember him (or her)
Soljier
IMO, he was just a troll, a troll that took a degree of grossness usually left for ED, but a troll nonetheless
JFaulkner
he was a weird, though from what I remember of his rants, unintentional troll
V
the short story on him (or her, LOL): V initially seemed to be quite knowledgeable and interested in Eva, but as time went along, he/she was shown to not understand or know much about Eva

eventually, there was a TON of animosity that was created by these misunderstandings with the top brass and long-standing EGF people, such as SSD-chan or Reichu, but especially EM, and V was extremely adamant about his beliefs about Eva as the absolute truth despite much of it being only his own speculation and theories

the permabanhammer was ultimately dropped when V posted uncredited copyrighted material on the EvaGeeks wiki

but it became real bad after V was banned, and he/she began spreading a TON of awful rumors and innuendo about EvaGeeks, EM, and not just on other internet forums but IRL at anime cons, pretty much literally anyone who would listen to him (it's been insane how epic it has been with V vs. EM, it's EvaGeeks' respective version of eBaum's World vs. Something Awful)

here is a sample starting here and if you want more :google: something like "R-e-V-o-l-u-t-i-o-n o-f E-V-a-n-g-e-l-i-o-n" if your curiosity is morbid enough

V is simply not a nice person, period, his site is sorry too (be sure to drink your Ovaltine and remove the hyphens, btw)

Aren't people kind of nostalgic for Zuggy and MaggotMaster, or is that just me being insane?
no, that is true

I am perhaps one of the biggest proponents of MAGGOTMASTER still actively posting, and though there is no doubt he was still a troll, he was hilarious most of the time, as was his half-joking, half-serious propaganda on all things communism, IMO the fact his material was so funny was the only reason he was allowed to troll for so long, too bad he is gone

but I am happy however Zuggy, aka Zugzwang, is gone forever, that guy had an imagination that was even more overactive than mine as well as being more of a conspiracy theorist than I could ever hope to be, but his attitude was even more grating than mine when it came to not getting his way, and I do not mind him no longer being around due to this unstable dichotomy of genius and madness

same goes for CitizenGeek and Executor/20XD_6Tyrant, CG was a major prick like V but was infinitely more smarmy and sly about it in acting like a saint out in the forum but being satanic spawn with his PMs with people like me, BobBQ and Reichu, and Executor created what was the funniest but became the most annoying meme this site has ever had, just use the "Search/Threads" for that M word and you'll see

oh, and Executor was most sorry when he tried to evade a temp ban by creating another profile of 20XD_6Tyrant and tried to pull the wool over everyone's eyes even though his posting style was unmistakable

the others banned were either before my time or did not have enough interaction with them to feel strongly about about their banning either way
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:45 pm

Although I spend half of my waking hours trying to shame people and call them out for public deathmatches, having a "wall of shame" doesn't sit well with me. Ultimately a more practical thing would be a list of behaviours that has led to ultrabanning.

Like, saying ______ was a troll or whatever, that doesn't necessarily help.

I do think a sticky or something in the rules could be helpful, that way we'd have something to refer to without having to pull out the dusty ol' codex and gather the children around the campfire for ban lore.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:47 pm

View Original PostTHE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:eventually, there was a TON of animosity that was created by these misunderstandings with the top brass and long-standing EGF people, such as SSD-chan or Reichu, but especially EM

For the record, my animosity towards him didn't begin until after hi ban. I was the only one who actually argued FOR V staying. I didn't understand both sides until well after the others banned him. I wasn't around that much back then. I was off making machinima, hence why you'll frequently hear V make snide remarks like "it's not like I was off playing Halo". My animosity towards him stems from after his ban, with his lies, insults, and "disgust campaign". The first bit that earned my ire was probably when he outright lied to I-Con, and fabricated statements about me and Otakon panels.

View Original PostTHE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:he/she

V is a he. And his name is Rudy Hartmann. He's from Long Island New York.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”