From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderator: Board Staff

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor
User avatar
Age: 37
Posts: 4229
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Behind the Door of Kukundu
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:27 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Which in turn gets so repetetive and boring, reader closes fnfic. :tongue:


:asuka_miffed:

Moving on...

I had one started (not posted, but first chapter written) where all the characters are either cops or criminals: Gendo is the head of Rokubungi Gumi, Kaji is an undercover cop, Rei is Gendo's 'Daddy's Little Tyke-bomb Hitgirl,' Shinji ends up in the family after Yui's death via custody shenanigans, and Evangelion is a weaponized hallucinogenic (chemical label LCL), the formula having been stolen by the Gumi and being produced as a new drug for street consumption. There's more characterization (for Keel, Asuka, Kaworu, Misato, etc.), but this should do for the outline.

I've been back and forth on whether I should just go ahead and post, or see if anyone else wanted to take a stab at it.

Thoughts?
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman
User avatar
Age: 38
Posts: 8902
Joined: Nov 11, 2011
Location: Chuckman
Gender: Female

Postby Chuckman » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:49 pm

That to me is one of those AUs that's so far afield you might as well just make it your own. I mean, it's not like a every tsundere in the world has to be Asuka.

I have one of those I've been tinkering with.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion
User avatar
Posts: 3032
Joined: Nov 28, 2012
Gender: Male

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:58 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote: Rei is Gendo's 'Daddy's Little Tyke-bomb Hitgirl,'



Image
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

driftking18594
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny
User avatar
Age: 26
Posts: 1656
Joined: Sep 26, 2011
Location: NERV Irish Branch
Gender: Male

Postby driftking18594 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:50 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Evangelion is a weaponized hallucinogenic (chemical label LCL), the formula having been stolen by the Gumi and being produced as a new drug for street consumption.
[...]
Thoughts?


Shinji, we need to cook. :emogendo:

amitakartok
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 1659
Joined: Jan 05, 2011
Location: The Ass End of Nowhere (TM)
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby amitakartok » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Idea: anyone ever wrote about Rei taking up a side-job as a mangaka?
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor
User avatar
Age: 37
Posts: 4229
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Behind the Door of Kukundu
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:47 pm

And Gendo is Heisenberg. Seriously, it writes itself.

Rei as a mangaka...I could see that. That gave me the idea of Rei drawing a series that becomes popular, and is based on distorted and misunderstood perceptions of the people around her. And then someone at NERV finds out about the series...
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

amitakartok
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny
User avatar
Age: 30
Posts: 1659
Joined: Jan 05, 2011
Location: The Ass End of Nowhere (TM)
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby amitakartok » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:52 pm

I was thinking her works having large doses of surrealism and Lovecraft-themed supernatural horror.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor
User avatar
Age: 37
Posts: 4229
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Behind the Door of Kukundu
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:05 pm

When you say that, I have this memory of people reading Dr. Moriarty's work, and everyone in the academic field insisting it was brilliant, because everyone was to afraid to admit to each other that none of them understood it.

I could see the same thing with Rei, if that's the direction her work would go: everyone praising the art and themes and talking about how ingenius they are, simply because no one wants to be found out as the person that doesn't understand it.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

CommodoreNemo
Adam
User avatar
Age: 40
Posts: 75
Joined: Nov 16, 2013

Postby CommodoreNemo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:14 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:Idea: anyone ever wrote about Rei taking up a side-job as a mangaka?

However after she starts drawing the side job becomes an obsession , to the extent where somebody else must feed and dress her;)
The pet girl of NERV :D
Hate, what do you know about hate!
_________________

What would your good do if evil didn't exist, and what would the earth look like if all the shadows disappeared?
After all, shadows are cast by things and people. Here is the shadow of my sword. But shadows also come from trees and living beings. Do you want to strip the earth of all trees and living things just because of your fantasy of enjoying naked light?

Stillborn
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Apr 28, 2013
Location: Huge wastebin
Gender: Male

Postby Stillborn » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:08 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:When you say that, I have this memory of people reading Dr. Moriarty's work, and everyone in the academic field insisting it was brilliant, because everyone was to afraid to admit to each other that none of them understood it.

I could see the same thing with Rei, if that's the direction her work would go: everyone praising the art and themes and talking about how ingenius they are, simply because no one wants to be found out as the person that doesn't understand it.


Isnt't that the reason everyone calls evangelion brilliant :lol:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Asukaner117
Adam
User avatar
Age: 35
Posts: 68
Joined: Nov 12, 2013
Location: Germany
Gender: Male

Postby Asukaner117 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Hmm here is my idea:

- pre EoE
- Horror

Yui/Rei/Lillith said that everybody can return form the LCL-Sea, right? And we assume that they can return in any shape and form their heart wants them to be, right? So, what if some people indeed do return, but not as humans? What if their hate and fear turns them into something else, something fearsome and dangerous? And I'm not talking about your everyday zombies (seriously, i think zombies are lame, and i hate that they are somewhat "cool" again. what is so wrong about some good ol'monster-horror? :P )

So, Asuka and Shinji not only need to finde a way to fix their utterly broken relationship in order to survive after Third Impact, but suddenly also have to face a threat that hunts them at night.

How does that sound to you? Is that idea already coverd by a FanFic i dont know?
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

Stillborn
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Apr 28, 2013
Location: Huge wastebin
Gender: Male

Postby Stillborn » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:39 pm

They would had to put Shinji as a bait and Asuka would be shooting them. I don't see it working in any other way. Shinji is not mentaly prepared for this kind of fightand would be a burden. Kind of like in Unbroken but marginally less useless.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor
User avatar
Age: 37
Posts: 4229
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Behind the Door of Kukundu
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Maybe, maybe not. I could just as easily see Shinji clinging to his desire to survive and do right by Asuka as I could see him crumble and break. What would make either scenario believable depends entirely on the writer.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

CommodoreNemo
Adam
User avatar
Age: 40
Posts: 75
Joined: Nov 16, 2013

Postby CommodoreNemo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:25 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Maybe, maybe not. I could just as easily see Shinji clinging to his desire to survive and do right by Asuka as I could see him crumble and break. What would make either scenario believable depends entirely on the writer.



Well, if Rebuild 2.0 proved anything it is that Shinji can be pretty ferocious when it comes to protecting those he perceives as friends, and pretty ruthless too, considering how willing he was toimpact another impact in 3.
Hate, what do you know about hate!
_________________

What would your good do if evil didn't exist, and what would the earth look like if all the shadows disappeared?
After all, shadows are cast by things and people. Here is the shadow of my sword. But shadows also come from trees and living beings. Do you want to strip the earth of all trees and living things just because of your fantasy of enjoying naked light?

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor
User avatar
Age: 37
Posts: 4229
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Behind the Door of Kukundu
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:56 am

Exactly. Give the kid a cause and a superweapon, and he will move mountains.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Stillborn
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Apr 28, 2013
Location: Huge wastebin
Gender: Male

Postby Stillborn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:04 am

And they will fall on other people to make him guilty rendering it all moot. Don't forget that.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor
User avatar
Age: 37
Posts: 4229
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Behind the Door of Kukundu
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:22 am

Yes, but what if those people are flesh-eating monsters? It's win-win!
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Stillborn
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 2466
Joined: Apr 28, 2013
Location: Huge wastebin
Gender: Male

Postby Stillborn » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:28 am

There is no win-win for Shinji. Never. So they would be most likely those who returned normal somehow.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

CommodoreNemo
Adam
User avatar
Age: 40
Posts: 75
Joined: Nov 16, 2013

Postby CommodoreNemo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:58 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:And they will fall on other people to make him guilty rendering it all moot. Don't forget that.

Well, Evangelion is a deconstruction of SciFi mecha anime with a bunch of ideas from and homages to great sf, so that is to be expected if you are Willi to agree with academia's opinion that science fiction and the pulps from which it sprung were basically" adolescent fantasies for uncommunicative individuals emotionally stuck at the age of 16"


Personally I say "fuck U Akademia".

The only critic of any real use is the one who has tastes so similar to yours that he can spatre you the trouble of going through all published material that might interest you, to paraphrase Frank Herbert :D
Hate, what do you know about hate!
_________________

What would your good do if evil didn't exist, and what would the earth look like if all the shadows disappeared?
After all, shadows are cast by things and people. Here is the shadow of my sword. But shadows also come from trees and living beings. Do you want to strip the earth of all trees and living things just because of your fantasy of enjoying naked light?

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor
User avatar
Age: 37
Posts: 4229
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Behind the Door of Kukundu
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:35 pm

The great Frank Herbert....blessings be upon him.

I actually think that what you said is a reason sci-fi is such a great medium: it's able to delve into really deep stuff, while at the same time connecting to us on a level we can enjoy and understand. Is that so wrong?

...I still want to see Shinji and Asuka 'I Am Legend'-ing it against a wave of malformed freaks slobbering their way from the primordial sea.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?


Return to “Fanfiction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests