From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:58 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote:There is only room for one irritating muscian piloting an eva

Shinji?

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:48 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:#16: I think there should be a fic about a new child sent to pilot evas, but he's actually a rapping zoanoid named M.C Stryker who learned how to rap from crazy hobo Vanilla Ice. At first he's cruisin, but then another new kid shows up who might be an angel who becomes his rival D.J Justin Bieber. There is only room for one irritating muscian piloting an eva, this will be the story of who gets served... for dinner to really tall aliens..

:lol: NXE.

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby BornIn1142 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:06 am

#17: Someone needs to make this team-up happen:

SPOILER: Show

It could make a pretty compelling story too. Deadpool, when he's written well, has multiple layers of insanity, and the wacky humor is just a facade to hide how pained and messed up he really is. I see some potential there.
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:42 pm

View Original Postarkiel wrote:Try visiting for a week. Its an experience you are unprepared for. Especially going into an environment when all forms of communication, directed and casual, are in a form you are not used to processing anywhere near as fast as English (or whatever).

Had an easy time in Europe, Chile, and Brazil. They use the alphabet. One week in Japan was almost too much for me -- and that was after three years of Japanese language classes.

As I clearly stated: her identity as a gaijin is almost completely ignored. They could have told us the point of a German girl having a Japanese guardian was to matriculate her in advance of Unit-2 being deployed, or you could consider Asuka's indifference to a radical shift in culture and language the only tangible evidence of her self-professed genius -- it was still an aspect of the story where the writers dropped the ball.

It is possible that Asuka has spoken Japanese at home as a child (before her mother went nuts), you don't forget a language you learn before you're 10 or so, its simply stored in another part of the brain. Also, Asuka being Asuka, she spent her whole life preparing herself for going to Tokyo to fight angels. She mainly prepared herself for the Angels, but she's too ambitious to forget preparing for Tokyo.
Also, she doesn't really show it when she's having a hard time. She had problems with the language, but wouldn't have mentioned it if Shinji hadn't asked. - Yes, they didn't put much focus on the "person in a new country" bit, but this simply isn't the topic of the story, it's not about superficial things like nationality/culture shock, there's already enough stereotypical literature on that. they're dealing with the human condition itself.

Still, looking at this aspect IS a good idea for a fanfic.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:39 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:but he's actually a rapping zoanoid named M.C Stryker who learned how to rap from crazy hobo Vanilla Ice.

View Original PostDefectron wrote:a rapping zoanoid named M.C Stryker

View Original PostDefectron wrote:M.C Stryker

d'oh hai. :yui_grin:

18: Some kid from outer space lands on earth and Gendo is like, "O dis gai be grait pielut!" and then hell ensues.

I'm already think of a story like that. OH NO!!!!
Last edited by Stryker on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:42 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:18: Some kid from outer space lands on earth and Gendo is like, "O dis gai be grait pielut!" and then hell ensues.

18a -- Kal-el Ikari
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:04 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:18: Some kid from outer space lands on earth and Gendo is like, "O dis gai be grait pielut!" and then hell ensues.

For a second there, I thought Gendo was speaking in Aspergian.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:28 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:For a second there, I thought Gendo was speaking in Aspergian.

:hitthetable:

Actually, not a bad idea.

Edit: Just read the topic you URLed, and it was by far one of the best threads I've ever read in a long time. I'm starting to like this community more and more.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:06 pm

#19- Kyon vanishes mysteriously in the Evangelion universe (and it's not Haruhi's doing) and Major Motoko Kusanagi of Section 9 is sent to investigate. Kyon's trail goes cold in a bar tended to by ace bartender Ryu Sasakura (from Bartender) where Kaji happens to be having a night out with a grown up Mari Wakatake (of Blue Drop fame) and Char Aznable is trying to drown his sorrows in drink. Sitting quietly off to the side is the mysterious Medicine Seller (from Mononoke), whom no one can figure out.

Major Kusanagi concludes that one of the strange characters sitting in the bar is responsible for Kyon's disappearance, and that they had help from either a Nerv staff member or pilot (who was outside the bar at the time) to orchestrate these events. With an anonymous message threatening to blow up every anime universe with the Ideon within 72 hours (three days), the clock is ticking for our cyborg warrior as she seeks to hunt down the Eva-verse criminal behind this twisted scheme!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Norsehound
Embryo

Postby Norsehound » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:28 am

One plot thing I really liked was the Space/Time Oscillation Bomb from the obscure series Super-Dimensional Century Orguss.

When it blew up it was supposed to grab all realities across all times, meshing them together in some bizzare patchwork quilt of an earth from all realities ever possible, and continually phasing in new parts and replacing others.

The main protagonist of the series is womanizer hotshopt ace pilot Kei Katsuragi.

In addition to having Tokyo-3 out of the blue phased thru no fault of NERV or the cast, I wanted Misato to come to grips with the terms that she'll eventually have a son...like...that. Maybe after a scene where Kei and Misato flirt heavily before finding out one another's identities, whereupon hilarity would ensue.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:21 am

#20 (am I numbering this right?): Eva units/ Angels in WW2; this is an idea I ahd in an earlier thread. The Axis (Japan/Germany) contracts SEELE to build these new superweapons in order to turn the war around, while it turns out that the Angels are about 70 years before schedule, which is why SEELE shows up so early. All in all, it's NGE in a historical setting.
Shinji: A pilot-in-training of the IJN who is selected for the Eva.
Asuka: Member of the BDM (the girl's version of the Hitler youth) who is selected by the Germans to be their pilot.
Rei: A result of Unit 731's human experimentation.
Eventually, you'd have SEELE pretty much manipulate the Axis while fighting the Angels, and due to the limited practicality of the Eva, the Axis would lose anyway. Finally, SEELE would attempt 3I in either Berlin (as Soviet and Allied troops close in) or somewhere in Japan as the Americans bombard the nation with atomic bombs. This segment would roughly correspond to EoE.

Related: SEELE makes use of Nazi expeditions to Antarctica (anyone heard of New Swaba?) to further their Eva-related plans.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:55 pm

View Original PostLeoXiao wrote:Eventually, you'd have SEELE pretty much manipulate the Axis while fighting the Angels, and due to the limited practicality of the Eva, the Axis would lose anyway.

Err, does that mean that the Axis would loose against the Angels? . . . And why does that suddenly bring to mind the idea of the Angels joining the Allied Powers? O_o

#21: Shinji is summoned to the small Southwestern town of New Tokyo by his father Warden Ikari. However, upon arriving soon finds himself made into a deputy by Sheriff Misato Katsuragi (a woman sheriff? Scandalous!), and thrown into battle against Jefferey "Sachiel" McGee of the Angels gang. He wins, and soon acquaints himself with the townsfolk. In the town proper there's Ken the store owner, Toji the trader, and Hikari the farmer. In the saloon there's Ritsuko the saloon owner/town doctor, Aoba the musician, Hyuga the bartender, and Maya the sweetest girl you ever could meet, so to speak. As for the rest of the town, Fuyutsuki is the mayor, Gendo Ikari is the warden of the local state prison who gets his orders directly from Governor Kiel, and Rei Ayanami the quiet adopted daughter of Gendo who
looks after the Ikari family farm.

The last two members of the principal cast show up when Shinji boards a riverboat called the Over the Rainbow. Kaji, a US Marshall who once had a relationship with Sheriff Katsuragi; and Asuka, a bounty hunter traveling with Marshall Kaji who's out to find the Angel who killed her mama and bring him down. They, of course, wind up defending the boat from Gaghiel and his posse in the process.

Two things before I go though. First, it occurs to me that while the idea of a Western NGE is incredibly formulaic with only minor variations on the formula no one has ever attempted to actually write a Western Eva fic. Second, a bit of a post script to this idea is to have the Jet Alone episode be replaced by a famous person visiting New Tokyo, like Mark Twain, or Grover Cleavland, or Bass Reeves.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:30 am

I like the idea of an NGE Western; I wonder how the whole AT-field thing as well as the mindfuck would factor in. But the idea of Asuka and Shinji with revolvers and cowboy boots seems...interesting to say the least.
Idea I just had: Asuka could be from the deep south or something. (You're thinking in English, aren't you? Think in Texan!)

Err, does that mean that the Axis would loose against the Angels? . . . And why does that suddenly bring to mind the idea of the Angels joining the Allied Powers?

The Axis would lose against the Allies, because SEELE, after taking a crapload of money to build the Evas, uses them not to fight the war, but Angels. Also let's face it, the Eva isn't a very practical weapon because of the short battery life. It would kill like half a division (assuming the infrastructure needed to support isn't bombed while they set it up close enough to the front) before running out of juice and being overrun.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

Postby JimmyWolk » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:59 am

Obligatory for the western setting: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2409/59gainex.jpg

SPOILER: Show
Also, feel free to use my take on it:

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=266063#266063

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:07 am

wow, that's exactly what i envisioned. :)

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Shinji as a Sheriff and Gendo as a farmer in that picture made me laugh, but Asuka and Kaworu was pretty awesome. I WANTZ ZEH MOAR!
The Moats of Quotes

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:49 pm

actually, what role what Kaworu's character take in Old West NGE?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:44 pm

View Original PostLeoXiao wrote:actually, what role what Kaworu's character take in Old West NGE?

A turncoat native american? A member of a crime syndicate that ends up taking the bullet for Shinji & co?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:41 pm

I'm not much of a fanfic enthusiast, I don't ususally read them nor do I write them, but I have a suggestion to make for a fanfiction that's been in my head for a while. I don't remember if this is something I saw somewhere or if this idea came from my wandering thoughts (I can't trace the source of the idea, I'd be a great target for Inception) but I thought it deserved to be shared. Anyway, the idea consists of a universe where the children are ninjas, and their plugsuits are specialized garments that aids them in doing the ninja stuff, Plugsuit Ninjas if you will. The fanfiction, should anyone care to write it, would obviously be action filled, but psychological and relationship themes could also be explored. Also, if anyone cares enough to write such a fic, just don't turn it into a Super Sentai parody, I beg of you.

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 am

ninja Shinji...
look at what ninjas do (assassinate people) and look at episode 25 and 26
no, not unless they were assassinating angels.

Return to “Fanfiction”