From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:17 am

Should had confided it to Gendo, he have valuable experience on raising clones. :devil:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:08 pm

"Raising kids is easy. There's always a spare when you mess up."

"...that's not how it--"

"ALWAYS A SPARE!"

Honestly, this is a story that could go either into crack-fic or WAFF-fic territory just as easily as it could go into heartrending disaster.

What are you in the mood for? Totes adorbs, or wall-staring mopery?
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:40 pm

I'd prefer WAFF myself.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:49 pm

I would, too, but the best WAFF always has something a little dark under the surface.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:36 pm

If Asuka is split then how can she still be the Asuka we know? You've basically created an Asuka who doesn't have the single driving principle that motivates damn near everything she does.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:49 pm

Well, instead of 'split,' why not 'copied?' I'm sure that there are plenty of other ways to set up this scenario.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Well, copy is indeed a better word.

Teen!Asuka is the original, no changes whatsoever.

Child!Asuka lacks everything beyond the funeral and is basically a blank slate concerning how she's going to cope with her trauma. The point of the fic is whether Teen!Asuka can raise Child!Asuka in a way that doesn't turn her into another Teen!Asuka - and at this point it should be quite clear for Teen!Asuka to realize that her own coping strategy was a failure. Teen!Asuka is not mother material but she's the only person in existence who can relate 100% to Child!Asuka, since they experienced the same thing.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:31 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Well, instead of 'split,' why not 'copied?' I'm sure that there are plenty of other ways to set up this scenario.

Okay, sure. So where did this new soul come from... Arael?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:28 pm

Well depending on what you believe the soul to be, why don't you take an idea from ANIMA and do the whole sharing a soul thing they do for Rei?

Make the idea of a soul not just an incorporeal manifestation of a being's consciousness.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:37 pm

^
The situation in ANIMA is different: if I get it correctly, the three Reis don't have a soul, but are telepathically controlled by Rei III, but at some point in the story they start developing their own personality (crazy yandere for Rei Quatre, heroic for Rei Cinq, mischievous yet unstable for Rei Six) and a soul, albeit no one know from where said souls comes from.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Then do whatever it is that Lilith does to have more than one soul somewhere at a time :shrug:

Or use the idea that El said was used for the Rei clones.
Last edited by ChaddyManPrime on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:43 pm

My ideas is that either Asuka's soul split in two (explaining the shared memories) or, since Asuka was having her period at the time, we could go with Child!Asuka using Teen!Asuka's about-to-be-menstruated-out ova's proto-soul as her own.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:24 pm

I'd like to see a Fusion Fic of Eva with Macross. Not a crossover, just characters in a Macross Style setting. Rei and Asuka as Rival Pop Idols, with Shinji as the clueless third party in their love triangle. As Shinji's father plans to unite the known human race in Instrumentality.

Basically take the Plot and characters for Eva and put them in the Macross Universe.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:41 pm

I seem to recall having read something like that a few years ago. Didn't go beyond the first few chapters but it followed Macross' plot closely.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:42 am

The Band Fic  SPOILER: Show
Asuka blackmails Shinji, Rei and Misato into joining with her to form a death metal band- Ocktoberfest der Blut. Together they go head-to-head against Touji, Kensuke and Hikari's country and western group. Hilarity ensues as Misato gets completely smashed every recording session, Shinji's delicate fingers are all but shredded by the crappy guitar strings, and Rei's facemelters literally melt faces.

The Stooge Brothers  SPOILER: Show
The Blues Brothers but with the Eva cast, notably Touji and Kensuke as Jake and Elwood, SEELE as the Neo-Nazis and Misato as Ray Charles.

Kensuke: "We're putting NERV back together!"
Touji: "We're on a mission from Lilith."

The Shyamalmaning  SPOILER: Show
Eva as written by M. Night Shyamalamadingdong. Complete with awfuk amounts of exposition, wooden acting, and WHAT A TWEEST.

Sexual Healing  SPOILER: Show
Post-22. Asuka is a mess after the Arael incident. Hikari decides to employ some...intimate therapy. Should be as cute and WAFFy as possible.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:45 am

I like the idea of the Band fic (not doing it, though).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:35 am

With the recent upsurge in pro-Sakura fervor in the image thread, here's an idea for your perusal.

It's a Shinji/Sakura shipfic in an alternate version of the TVverse where Sakura and Toji are heterozygous twins. This fact is only revealed when she shows up out of nowhere while Toji is beating up Shinji for hurting her - and she announces her presence and dissatisfaction with Toji's actions via a full-powered kick to the crotch then tosses him aside like a ragdoll and berates him before turning to Shinji with an angelic smile. She also regularly dishes out corporal punishment to Toji whenever he steps over the line, something that instantly makes her Asuka's best friend: when she hears about Toji flashing Asuka on the carrier, Sakura calls him aside then returns smiling a few minutes later, tailed by a bloody-nosed Toji.

At first glance, she looks like the kind and friendly girlfriend material Eva shouldn't rightly have, except for her occasional bouts of violence towards Toji. But in true Eva fashion, things aren't what they seem: Toji eventually has a heart-to-heart with Shinji and reveals that after their mother died, Sakura became a violently antisocial problem child who constantly got into fights and on one occasion, beat up Toji so badly he had to be hospitalized. That incident is what made her realize how much of a rotten apple she had become and since then, she had been trying to reform but her violent side still slips to the surface from time to time. Toji is telling this to Shinji not to drive him away from her but quite the opposite: he wants Shinji to understand that Sakura is trying very hard and since they became friends, Toji can see how much Shinji dislikes himself and hopes that he will be inspired by Sakura's example and try to change himself for the better.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:46 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:With the recent upsurge in pro-Sakura fervor in the image thread, here's an idea for your perusal.

It's a Shinji/Sakura shipfic in an alternate version of the TVverse where Sakura and Toji are heterozygous twins. This fact is only revealed when she shows up out of nowhere while Toji is beating up Shinji for hurting her - and she announces her presence and dissatisfaction with Toji's actions via a full-powered kick to the crotch then tosses him aside like a ragdoll and berates him before turning to Shinji with an angelic smile. She also regularly dishes out corporal punishment to Toji whenever he steps over the line, something that instantly makes her Asuka's best friend: when she hears about Toji flashing Asuka on the carrier, Sakura calls him aside then returns smiling a few minutes later, tailed by a bloody-nosed Toji.

At first glance, she looks like the kind and friendly girlfriend material Eva shouldn't rightly have, except for her occasional bouts of violence towards Toji. But in true Eva fashion, things aren't what they seem: Toji eventually has a heart-to-heart with Shinji and reveals that after their mother died, Sakura became a violently antisocial problem child who constantly got into fights and on one occasion, beat up Toji so badly he had to be hospitalized. That incident is what made her realize how much of a rotten apple she had become and since then, she had been trying to reform but her violent side still slips to the surface from time to time. Toji is telling this to Shinji not to drive him away from her but quite the opposite: he wants Shinji to understand that Sakura is trying very hard and since they became friends, Toji can see how much Shinji dislikes himself and hopes that he will be inspired by Sakura's example and try to change himself for the better.

That's actually a really good idea. I like it!
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Could work well; it's just a shame that it starts with a deviation from canon. Interesting nevertheless.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Technically, all fanfics deviate from canon. What makes this one any different?

Return to “Fanfiction”