Moonwalk (Designated Weird Image Thread) [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:05 pm

View Original PostSharaz Destler wrote:[URL=http://img859.imageshack.us/i/dtsheen.jpg/]Image[/URL]
He kinda sucked as Hamlet.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:41 pm

But he was a great Doctor Who.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:58 am

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Good to have you back, TDSA.

That pic makes no fucking sense, and the caption is like the crazy LOLWUT cherry on top.

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:16 pm

It's Steel God Jeeg from the series of the same name beating up Ranka from Macross Frontier, what's not to get?

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:21 pm

Why is he and Ranka together..And "anime moes" means absolutely nothing, at least say "moe blobs" :lol:

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:27 pm

To answer your question, Toe Mash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJIP2QwayW4

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Wow. 3 minutes of pure insanity..

Out of curiosity, TDSA, how many titles on the following chart have you seen? [URL=http://min.us/mveMmCq]Image[/URL]

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:24 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:To answer your question, Toe Mash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJIP2QwayW4

A series of these exist. A very good way for all the anime studio (at least those that produced mecha anime) to share in some feeding frenzy of revenues.
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Out of curiosity, TDSA, how many titles on the following chart have you seen?

That picture is way to small for me to tell what half of them are, but I know that the top half consists of Big O and both Full Metal Panic series with one of the bottom ones being from Escaflowne (movie version specifically); yes I've seen all 4 of them.

Edit: Wait, there's MORE to it!? I had to click...... Darn it!

I have seen everything save for Zegapain, Infinite Ryvius, everything Patlabor related, Mars Daybreak, Xam'd Casshern SINS, everything Ghost in The Shell, Ergo Proxy, everything Cyborg 009, Kikaider, Karas, Metropolis, Tekkaman Blade, Flag, VOTOMS, Gasaraki, Zone of The Enders, and Vandread.
Last edited by Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Why is he and Ranka together..And "anime moes" means absolutely nothing, at least say "moe blobs"

When I saw that I thought of Moe from the three stooges whose name is spelled the same way as moe. Maybe the three stooges will all dress up like Ranka.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Sharaz Destler » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:29 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Is this "I'm on a drug. It's called -insert name-" thing going to become a meme now?

Not exactly. I only did that because he's got a very Charlie Sheen-ish look about him in that pic.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:45 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I have seen everything save for Zegapain, Infinite Ryvius, everything Patlabor related, Mars Daybreak, Xam'd Casshern SINS, everything Ghost in The Shell, Ergo Proxy, everything Cyborg 009, Kikaider, Karas, Metropolis, Tekkaman Blade, Flag, VOTOMS, Gasaraki, Zone of The Enders, and Vandread.

Great, you're working your way through the well-known series. However, in order to become a true giant robot fan, you must watch at least 80% of these shows:

[URL=http://img40.imageshack.us/i/mrecs2.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:56 pm

I actually saw a couple of episodes of Virus Buster Serge at the university anime club. No genius required to figure out what audience it was aimed at.

And for some reason that 6 Angels poster instantly makes me think of Rebuild. Might be the title font.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:59 pm

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Why is he and Ranka together..And "anime moes" means absolutely nothing, at least say "moe blobs" :lol:

I found the pic absolutely hilarious because it sounds like something out of Mr. Spaceboots's thread but TDSA wrote it seriously :rofl:

View Original PostDefectron wrote:When I saw that I thought of Moe from the three stooges whose name is spelled the same way as moe. Maybe the three stooges will all dress up like Ranka.

They'll never beat this badass

Iwillneverbethisawesome.avi

my fanboy-fu is so weak ;_____;

View Original PostDr. Nick wrote:Great, you're working your way through the well-known series. However, in order to become a true giant robot fan, you must watch at least 80% of these shows:

[URL=http://img40.imageshack.us/i/mrecs2.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Uploaded with [URL=http://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us[/URL]

please tell me those M.D Geist recs are troll/joke or then /m/anly /m/en are even crazier than g/a/ys :cringe:

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Dr. Nick » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:05 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:please tell me those M.D Geist recs are troll/joke or then /m/anly /m/en are even crazier than g/a/ys :cringe:

Shut up, Beavis. Don't ruin the fun.

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:07 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:I found the pic absolutely hilarious because it sounds like something out of Mr. Spaceboots's thread but TDSA wrote it seriously :rofl:

Lol yeah..I think it was ran that said TDSA is, infact, Johnny Spaceboots.

:jawdrop: :derp: :scared: :derp:

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:14 pm

View Original PostDr. Nick wrote:Shut up, Beavis. Don't ruin the fun.

I was just thinking that M.D Geist is too much awesomeness to handle for /m/ who don't really know anything about good action!

edit: lolrobotech, damn I'm slow today...I just watched the pics and didn't read names...

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Lol yeah..I think it was ran that said TDSA is, infact, Johnny Spaceboots.

...what

youlostme.jpg

View Original Posttoe mash wrote: :jawdrop: :derp: :scared: :derp:

I'm actually kinda jealous of the guy, balls of steel and clearly LIVING THE DREAM :lol:

makes fanart like this seem pretty sane too

[URL=http://img130.imageshack.us/i/macrossjojo.jpg/]Image[/URL]

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:26 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:my fanboy-fu is so weak ;_____;

relevant
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:30 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:relevant

I remembered Eva intro too but jesus, didn't remember DAT SACHIEL SUIT

why is he so awesome

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”